How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

7 1/2 weeks and still waiting. Left a couple of voicemails for the officer but haven't gotten a response.

Live in Tyngsboro, submitted on March 6th. Called on March 29th and was told there are an awful lot of applicants waiting to be processed. Lt. WhatsHisName meets with people on Tuesdays and his schedule is booked. Apparently, this LTC application is far more popular than i ever imagined.

Initially, wanted one for home defense... now, I want to trap shoot, target, and hunt.

Lol LT.chris I been waiting for my LTC renewal and I also submitted everything the march 6 as well still nothing

Live in Tyngsboro, submitted on March 6th. Called on March 29th and was told there are an awful lot of applicants waiting to be processed. Lt. WhatsHisName meets with people on Tuesdays and his schedule is booked. Apparently, this LTC application is far more popular than i ever imagined.

Initially, wanted one for home defense... now, I want to trap shoot, target, and hunt.

Yup! Lt. Chris. I spoke to Kim a couple of times. They said renewals are backed up- found out I'm a new applicant and said it'll be even longer. I know I still have awhile to wait, but I figure if I check in every now & then they'll get sick of me!

Josei- where are you a member? I want to get into Westford Sportsmens club.

Can't wait to get my LTC called him yesterday and he wasn't in the office

Not a member of any club but every time I want to shot I head up to bob's tactical shooting range $20 for 1 or 2 people to use the range and could stay as long as you want don't charge by the hour

One page application, fill it out and drop it off and pickup your permit at the end of the week. Cost is $10. Bill going before the house (HB 536) to do away with permits.

Yes, but this is specifically about MA, not NH. Go start a thread elsewhere for NH if you feel the need to flex your nuts

Applied in Leominster on 2/27 and I'm presently 6 weeks in. Sounds like I won't hear anything for another 3 weeks or so.

Last edited:
Applied Feb 10. Coming into my 8th week of waiting. Was told 4-6 weeks. Had a small drunken night on my record from college 10+ years ago and the admin at the PD told me it wouldn't hold me up. Called on Friday last week and she said that she signed off with the FAAB to process last Tuesday. Looks like it held it up. Oh well, it was a fun night 10 years ago!

I've come full circle. Was spending every free minute on this web site learning stuff, and surfing gun MFG websites, all pumped up and ready to spend some money. Now I'm just waiting, and waiting, and waiting...

7 wks, 6 days in Eastham. I applied on Feb 7th and went down to the police station to pick it up this morning... only to find the disappointing words "Restrictions: Hunting & Target" written on it... so let me get this straight, i jumped through all the hoops, paid the fees, did what i needed to do to exercise my 2nd amendment rights, I get my license to CARRY, but I can't CARRY? HUH? I even graduated from gunsmith school (logic and reason dictate that that credential alone would be enough to prove that I'm responsible enough to carry a gun). Looks like I have to wait till 2018 to reapply and get the restriction lifted... I'll be 29 [rolleyes]

Still waiting in everett, this week on the 9th will make 5 months 150 days yeaaaa!!!( laced with sarcasm) and even longer if you count the i started trying to meet with the licensing officer.

Sept. 19th 2011- tried to meet with LO

Nov. 9th 2011- finally got a chance to hand in application, do prints and interview.

Called in january

Called in february

Called in march

Apr. 3rd 2012 still waiting.

Is it fair to say this might be the worst city in mass to get your license?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

agaldo81, it is fair to say that if you don't escalate it to elected officials in your town, you may never see it.

Your choice, but I'd be that "squeaky wheel that gets the oil" and not sitting by the mailbox growing a long beard waiting.

LenS, i feel like i already am squeaking. And isnt my representative a elected offical for my city? I dont know what else to do. Cops can do whatever they want, and i have been trying to ride the fine line of letting them know im still here and aware that it shouldnt take this long and being respectful enough to not aggravate them to the point of them never giving it to me.

What are your suggestions? And do you live in an eastern city thats 5 mins out of boston?

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

LenS, i feel like i already am squeaking. And isnt my representative a elected offical for my city? I dont know what else to do. Cops can do whatever they want, and i have been trying to ride the fine line of letting them know im still here and aware that it shouldnt take this long and being respectful enough to not aggravate them to the point of them never giving it to me.

What are your suggestions? And do you live in an eastern city thats 5 mins out of boston?

I"d be writing my mayor/selectmen/town manager and state rep/sen politely asking them to get involved, as there is no way this should take 5 months! The chief is answerable to the locals and the rep/sen vote on sending money to the city/town, so chiefs tend to "listen"!

No I don't live in or 5 min from Boston, but I do live in a "red" town where the chief and LO both have been known to be "problems"!

Back
Top Bottom