How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Any suggestions? I haven't dropped my app off yet, was thinking I could bring with appointment, should I drop it off while I continue to deal with this?

When I applied for mine I brought the application to the PD and made an appointment with the officer at the desk. They had a book right there where they make appointments. I don't know how your PD handles it, but I wouldn't want to wait around just to make the appointment.

Worcester - had it for a few weeks now but didn't want to jinx anything. Took about 10 months(!), because I answered yes to question 10 which evidently put me in a special pile... argh.

@ega seeing 10 month waits worry me. Im at 5 now, and i have heard of others in my area waiting 8 and 9 months.

Just makes no sense. We are all part of the same state and could easily carry through some of these cities that think they are making their city safer by delaying residents of their city a permit. And again most people with permits are not the problem its the people getting their guns illegally that are.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Had a dream last night that I got a letter in the mail from the PD telling me I as denied, I'm telling you that was the best nightmare to have woken up during, I’d rather a zombie be eating my head or something.

Also something i should add they put the wrong middle intial for my name i walked right back in and they said its not a big problem and if i did have any problems to come back and they would get it reprinted. That same day i had no issues purchasing a firearm did anyone else have a similar situation?

@ega seeing 10 month waits worry me. Im at 5 now, and i have heard of others in my area waiting 8 and 9 months.

I got the feeling it would have been "only" 8-10 weeks if my application wasn't so "special". The guys in the licensing division were courteous and professional, with the "interview" and application process being very straight forward.

Anyway, that said there is not much you can do - either pester them with weekly inquiries or assume it is denied and appeal it. I have heard contacting your mayor and/or state rep may help, but then I imagined in my case it could have backfired... Yes, a very ridiculous process, I am glad to be through it and hopefully won't be here when it comes time for renewal.

As of April 9, 2012 the FRB is currently approving and printing licenses that were submitted for review by police departments in the final week of March (March 25th - March 31st).

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/agencies/dcjis/

So how long should it take from there? That is when mine was approved in Sutton. Now I'm getting excited again!!! Been long enough.

If the PD is being 100% honest with you, it should take 1-2 weeks max from that. Unfortunately, most PDs have "inventive ideas" about what "submitted" means.

worcester. been 8 weeks to the day. There is a lady who told me yesterday that its not in, call back in two weeks. So i called today and a sgt. told me not yet, try again. I'm starting to get antsy.

The WPD wrote on my receipt "call in 8-10 weeks" as well, though that was wishful thinking in my case.

Anyway you can ask them to specify, that is does "hasn't come in yet" mean it was approved and submitted for final review/printing? If so, ask the submission date and then you can figure it out using the DCJIS site. Mine took about 3 weeks from the submission date I was quoted.

Still Waiting for my LTC-Class A renewal . Its been over nine weeks. The only info I was giving is its been approved and waiting for it to come back. The local PD was very nice. Originally they told me six weeks been over nine still waiting. This is my third renewal and the longest Ive seen

i have called everyday this week. today a male cop took the phone from the girl i was talking to: he said u have called everyday this week. i get 500 calls a day. they don't mail the licenses everyday. stop calling! try next wednesday. then before i could reply he hung up on me. mayb if they would tell people they don't mail them everyday when you get fingerprinted he wouldn't get 500 calls a day. or tell me when they would submit my application or if they wait and batch them.

Still Waiting for my LTC-Class A renewal . Its been over nine weeks. The only info I was giving is its been approved and waiting for it to come back. The local PD was very nice. Originally they told me six weeks been over nine still waiting. This is my third renewal and the longest Ive seen

Same here still waiting for my renewal,what town are you still waiting in

Same here still waiting for my renewal,what town are you still waiting in

your profile picture is just pure art. I can just stare at that picture for hours.

Another update! March 6 application sent in, April 11, prints/interview, the real 4-6 week wait is on starting now! Tyngsboro police was very apologetic for the wait, as well as the 40 minute wait while i was there to talk to him. Lt. Chris is fantastic. He thanked me for stopping by unannounced and seems really pro-"process" of LTC. Just an absolute pleasure.

So the wait is on!

Should I be worried that it has been 2 weeks and Medford still hasn't cashed my check?

That's another thing. Took my town 3 weeks to cash my check. They explained it to me as this-

Police gets application- copies and sends to town hall- town hall then sends it with their clerk to the bank to deposit.

They usually tend to go one day out of the week. My town deposited it on a Friday.

So just hang in there. After that check is cashed wait a couple of weeks and check in with licensing officer

9 weeks and counting...SPD told me 4-6 weeks...a little birdie on this forum told me to double what the SPD told me, 8-12...if only I had listened to him and didn't get my hopes up at the 6 week mark...arrrgggghhhh...

Just picked mine up scituate 8 weeks dropped it off feb17th picked it up today april 13th just shy of 8 weeks restricted hunting and target.

Hey Chuck,

(i'm not asking to be a jerk, but just curious) How does that make you feel that you're restricted? I don't think i would mind. Also, have you don't research- in 6 years when you're up for renewal are you likely to get "no restrictions" ?

Congrats Chuck. I envy you

Back
Top Bottom