How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

I have, its been 4 days and still no response to my email. My friends in clinton had all lawful in 18 days. My brother in law in peabody had hunting and targeting in 23 days. Here i am triple digits days.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Pittsfield.. Got mine in the mail yesterday, Interview and prints done Dec 13. rushed up to Petes Gun Shop in Adams and picked up a Smith and Wesson M&P 9, which i've been eyeballing for quite a while now. Great, great, gun. Very happy camper here.[smile] Was starting to doubt it would even come.

Last edited:
I have, its been 4 days and still no response to my email. My friends in clinton had all lawful in 18 days. My brother in law in peabody had hunting and targeting in 23 days. Here i am triple digits days.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

Try a phone call or a written letter. Those usually turn out better than an email, for some reason [frown]

A friend just applied in Foxboro. He took the class a week before Christmas and filed his application Dec. 19. He was told that he would need to talk to the COP. A week later, the COP calls to tell him that he has to come in, and schedules a meeting at 5 PM on Jan 6th. Yesterday, my friend gets a call from the COP asking if he can brings copies of his paperwork when he comes in...because they lost his application.

Fortunately, my friend did keep copies of everything(I'm surprised they didn't want originals). Anyway, he goes in for his interview, and the COP tells him that they only issue restricted permits, but that if my friend comes back in a year, hasn't gotten into trouble, and provides "sufficient" logs of range time, then he can be upgraded to unrestricted. COP says they do it all the time, it's standard procedure, blah blah blah.

This sounds like a total runaround to me. Makes me glad my experience was better than this. At least I'll get more range time with my friend.

This gels with what a classmate from Foxboro told me who was going for his renewal. He told me they only issued him a LTC-B when he first applied (even though he applied for LTC-A) but they might consider the LTC-A the longer time goes on???? However, the guy didn't seem to have much interest in the LTC-A because he was only using for firing range and home protection.

Applied jan 7th its been almost 12 weeks ive called a few times and all i get is i will get a call when it comes in.....a bit rediculous im going to call again tomorrow

[party]

It finally came!!!

15 weeks to the day in Pittsfield.

I picked up a Ruger Mk III Comp and an SR9c in two tone. Between finding the license in my mailbox and leaving the store: 80 minutes. It would have been sooner but it's a 20 minute drive [smile].

Well, I got some cleaning to do, then hopefully off to the range. Oh, and update my sig.

[party]

It finally came!!!

I picked up a Ruger Mk III Comp and an SR9c in two tone. Between finding the license in my mailbox and leaving the store: 80 minutes. It would have been sooner but it's a 20 minute drive [smile].

Well, I got some cleaning to do, then hopefully off to the range. Oh, and update my sig.

Yay!!! Congrats, Todd! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

[party]

It finally came!!!

Congrats I know its been a long wait for you atleast you weren't delayed on your first purchase.

"As of March 28, 2012 the FRB is currently approving and printing licenses that were submitted for review by police departments in the third week of March (March 11th - March 17th)."

Hopefully this means mine has been printed. [rolleyes]

Very true. And now my hands are killing me from disassembling that Mark III a few times. Hopefully I can get to the range tomorrow.

Haha, I know what you mean, the first time I took it apart my hands had a few cuts on them and were just beaten up. Haven't done it again yet, waiting to put a few thousand more rounds through it to loosen it up [grin]

LTC appointment Febuary 21st, Payed my $100, passed in my application, and got my fingerprints taken. Now Im still waiting till April 17th to call them to find out if I got my LTC class A unrestricted In Brockton, MA

Finally got the call!

Licenses for my wife and I will be available for pickup tomorrow. Hopefully I can restrain myself at the Marlboro Gun Show on Saturday. [smile]

67 days/9.5 weeks total (as of tomorrow). Seemed like forever.

Well, my friend in Foxboro finally got his ticket in the mail last Friday. LTC A, Restrictions: Target and Hunting. Total time: 4 months from first application(where they lost his app, etc), 11 weeks from interview/printing/paying.

Now he can go to the range and begin 'documenting' his prowess with a handgun in order to get the restrictions removed.

The upshot to this is that since he won't be carrying initially, we can dispense with the mini-guns and go right to a 1911.

Peabody

Dropped off application at 630PM Wednesday, got a phone call 815AM Thursday to come in and get picture/prints done. Was told straight up they dont issue All Lawful Purposes - "its our policy"

Said approximately 8-9 weeks "due to the state being slow"

We will see.

Peabody

Dropped off application at 630PM Wednesday, got a phone call 815AM Thursday to come in and get picture/prints done. Was told straight up they dont issue All Lawful Purposes - "its our policy"

Said approximately 8-9 weeks "due to the state being slow"

We will see.

Peabody is tough on LTC. All my friends there hate dealing with the vsystem there. Best of luck!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom