LTC Address Change

How strict is the 30-day policy with the address change in MA for your LTC? I recently moved and forgot about it and they of course put the "Failure to notify any of these entities shall be cause for revocation or suspension of the license." threat. Do I need to be worried? I recently renewed my driver's license and it has my new address. Do they have any way of knowing when I moved?

How strict is the 30-day policy with the address change in MA for your LTC? I recently moved and forgot about it and they of course put the "Failure to notify any of these entities shall be cause for revocation or suspension of the license." threat. Do I need to be worried? I recently renewed my driver's license and it has my new address. Do they have any way of knowing when I moved?
Just fill it out like you just moved. They don’t know. Plenty of people have done it later then 30 days.

If you purchased a property it’s public record.

Someone might have bought a property in another state, but been delayed in moving there, and then further delayed in establishing residency and thus needing to inform their chief and FRB of their move.

Could happen.

Doesn’t mean he moved there on the date of purchase, could have been doing renovations before moving in.

Just fill out the forms like you just moved and send them in certified mail. Don’t overthink it.

Doesn’t mean he moved there on the date of purchase, could have been doing renovations before moving in.

Just fill out the forms like you just moved and send them in certified mail. Don’t overthink it.

This

Someone might have bought a property in another state, but been delayed in moving there, and then further delayed in establishing residency and thus needing to inform their chief and FRB of their move.

Could happen.
None of this actually matters people need to stop acting like the waffen SS is running around looking for paper violations and it's about to send out black vans out after people..... especially not regarding something like this. This is like an expired inspection sticker. Just correct the problem when possible to do so. 🤣

This

None of this actually matters people need to stop acting like the waffen SS is running around looking for paper violations and it's about to send out black vans out after people..... especially not regarding something like this. This is like an expired inspection sticker. Just correct the problem when possible to do so. 🤣
Well, FWIW, I got pulled over a couple of years back, for an expired inspection sticker. Cop says, "Do you know why...."

"I do not," I replied.

He knew the sticker was expired, because he was behind me in traffic, and his plate scanner told him.
No ticket, just "fix it," but there are some things that they ARE running around for.

As another FWIW, I was asked if I had any firearms- not sure if it was from the plate scan, or from my Trap vest being visible. I did, and said that I did, and that was it.

OP - My anecdote was for general consumption; DrGrant is right. Send the Three Letters (you don't need the state form), by the correct mail service, and move along.

Well, FWIW, I got pulled over a couple of years back, for an expired inspection sticker. Cop says, "Do you know why...."

"I do not," I replied.

He knew the sticker was expired, because he was behind me in traffic, and his plate scanner told him.
No ticket, just "fix it," but there are some things that they ARE running around for.

As another FWIW, I was asked if I had any firearms- not sure if it was from the plate scan, or from my Trap vest being visible. I did, and said that I did, and that was it.

OP - My anecdote was for general consumption; DrGrant is right. Send the Three Letters (you don't need the state form), by the correct mail service, and move along.
my sticker was about 2 years expired once and a cop pulled up behind me at a liquor store and goes "listen normally I'd give you a warning but jesus christ man",

Back
Top Bottom