How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

I'm just hoping its soon.. I also have an email I was going to send the chief but I'm waiting until 40 business days so they can't say nothing.. I actually contacted tom cheffro the gentleman that I took the class from at Boston firearms and he said the wait in revere is three months

Worcester- husband and I called late june to make an appointment to drop off application. Appointment was August 12. October 13th had license in hand no restrictions.

Framingham, Dropped off the application 10/13. I was told to return for fingerprints/photo 10/22 or any Thursday after (between 9AM-12PM 1PM-3PM). They wanted the phone numbers of the two references. (The application form did not indicate this) Luckily I had the numbers on my phone.

UPDATE: Fingerprints done 10/22. Received a call on December 23 that it is in at the station. The call came in too late to pick up so I will go get it Monday morning.
Very nice people at the Framingham station.

Last edited:
I was told by goal when I called them yesterday to contact city hall and internal affairs I did bolth. Internal affairs was helpful because I said I would like to file a complaint about the Ltc officer he took my info down and said he would get back to me...

Did the Chief never email you back? Did you ever call or go down and ask to speak to the licencing officer? It seems like a dumb move to go crying and whining to everyone who might listen and not being a adult and contacting the appropriate people at the police station. Best of luck, hopefully you suddenly don't become unsuitable.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I've tried to contact the chief by email and answering machine and I can't take another day off work to go down there it's only on thurs from 9to 3

- - - Updated - - -

I've been insulted so many times on this forum just looking for advice **** you *******

- - - Updated - - -

Whining I'm looking for advice shithead

I've tried to contact the chief by email and answering machine and I can't take another day off work to go down there it's only on thurs from 9to 3

- - - Updated - - -

I've been insulted so many times on this forum just looking for advice **** you *******

- - - Updated - - -

Whining I'm looking for advice shithead

I wouldn't worry too much yet. Mine took 12 weeks I think? The 40 day thing doesn't mean anything - the law has no teeth and the police depts don't care.

Browncoat.
The 40 day thing doesn't mean anything - the law has no teeth and the police depts don't care.

Hasn't comm2a won a decision recently against Rehoboth for delaying applications?

Does anyone know if the P.D. is required by law to give a receipt when the application is dropped off?

Browncoat.

Hasn't comm2a won a decision recently against Rehoboth for delaying applications?

Does anyone know if the P.D. is required by law to give a receipt when the application is dropped off?

Other PDs ignore those rulings. Again there is NO penalty called out in the law, so even if a judge orders them to speed it up, they don't lose anything and another case takes another year or two . . . so they eventually issue and move to dismiss the case as the plaintiff no longer is waiting.

Yes, the law requires a receipt. Again no penalty for non-issuance.

Rutland MA
Application/fingerprint/photo done on 9/16
License approved/issued 10/8
Picked up class A Ltc no restrictions at Rutland PD on 10/28

Lowell, MA
9/14/2015 Interviewed and filled application
10/15/2015 FRB said license was issued LTC-A restricted
10/23/2015 Called FRB to know status again then they then said it was activated on 10/15/2015.
Doesnt this mean LPD has it? Because in order to activate it, doesn't the cheif or licensing officer have to put it into the system?
I have tried going to the firearms licensing office as well but they were never there or answer phone calls. Office was all dark and locked everytime I go.
10/31/2015 Still never got it.

Dropped off my paperwork to the Stoneham PD in May. Got fingerprinted and did an interview September 4, Picked permit up today, 11/4. No Restrictions. Yea!

Just dropped off my renewal application in Glouceser. Licensing woman told me I should have it within 6 weeks. Took 2.5 weeks my first time applying back on 09'.

I need to call the station tomorrow and check the status of mine. Been almost 10 weeks. Definitely not like it was in 09'. Though my license is still good until the end of next month so I suppose there's no rush until next month.

2months, yeah thats awesome ! [thinking]
"Dropped off my paperwork to the Stoneham PD in May. Got fingerprinted and did an interview September 4, Picked permit up today, 11/4. No Restrictions. Yea!"

Sounds like 6 months not 2. Why paperwork in May but no fingerprints until September?

"Dropped off my paperwork to the Stoneham PD in May. Got fingerprinted and did an interview September 4, Picked permit up today, 11/4. No Restrictions. Yea!"

Sounds like 6 months not 2. Why paperwork in May but no fingerprints until September?

I had to submit an application to set up an interview and to get printed, that took two months. It seems they were only doing interviews and prints once a month for a handful of applicants. At least I got it

Back
Top Bottom