How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Year Later

Okay, it's been a year since I applied form my LTC which I had received with restrictions. The LEO had told me to come back in a year... [smile] here I am. I submitted a letter with reasons for removal of restrictions. Let the waiting begin. [rolleyes] [thinking]

Dropped off application in June.
Interview and prints in September.
LCT-A issued November 2.
Called on November 19 that it was ready for pickup.

Somerset Police Department

My application is currently in progress in Arlington.

Submitted Application: 11/24, interview scheduled on the spot!
Interviewed, Fingerprinted, etc.: 12/3

So that's about as quick a turnaround as one could hope. Nothing out of the ordinary at all today, other than the chaos of the police station being under construction right now. Super friendly folks all around. As MA towns go, particularly those near Boston, Arlington is a good one for many reasons.

Now the long wait...

Just dropped off my renewal application in Glouceser. Licensing woman told me I should have it within 6 weeks. Took 2.5 weeks my first time applying back on 09'.

Wow just got it today, 13+ weeks in Gloucester. A lot has changed since 09'...

Took my class 10/31
Had my appointment in fitchburg 11/9
Still waiting for my license the detective said 30 to 40 days but i'll belive that when I see it

Took the class August 1st
Completed baisic hunter Ed. September 30
submitted paperwork/interview/fingerprints November 3rd
Called 12/4 they said my license was issued and would print that day and need to be mailed to the Westport police department.
Called today 12/8 to see if it was mailed and it still hasn't printed. I'm losing hope to do any waterfowl hunting this year. Anyone know what the timeline is like for printing? How many issued licenses do they accumulate before they batch print?

Took the class August 1st
Completed baisic hunter Ed. September 30
submitted paperwork/interview/fingerprints November 3rd
Called 12/4 they said my license was issued and would print that day and need to be mailed to the Westport police department.
Called today 12/8 to see if it was mailed and it still hasn't printed. I'm losing hope to do any waterfowl hunting this year. Anyone know what the timeline is like for printing? How many issued licenses do they accumulate before they batch print?
Printing is only done 1-2 times per week and then they are packaged and mailed to the PD.

It took 3 1/2 moths to get approved in revere so just have to wait and get the license hopefully like I said earlier a couple more weeks

Haverhill Ma
10/31 - Class and certification
11/2 - Appointment arranged
10/17 - Meeting w/ Det. Corthell (Included interview/fingerprints)
10/24 - Awaiting review
12/7 - Awaiting review

Only been a few weeks, but its nerve wrecking with all the shootings. Americans are getting fear-mongered to get rid of guns in the same way communist governments have been doing. I was originally planning on getting a bolt-Action/handgun, but it looks like my first purchase is gonna have to be an AR-15.
These dates make no sense, You were interviewed and fingerprinted before you took your class?

Dropped off application in June.
Interview and prints in September.
LCT-A issued November 2.
Called on November 19 that it was ready for pickup.

Somerset Police Department
This example is one of the worst but there are a lot of other severe delays being posted here.

1. If people are waiting 2-3 months for interview and prints at their local PD they need to contact COmm2A. This is illegal.

2. I feel sorry (and am also mad) for you people. There should not be this much disparity in local administration of this law. In my town I called to ask what the procedure was and I was instructed that the firearms officer is available Friday mornings 8-10 and Wednesday evenings 6-8. I showed up Friday morning and waited about 15 minutes. The firearms officer took my application verbally and input it into the system (I guess that's the interview) and fingerprinted me. So worst case scenario in my town is that you wait 4 days (Saturday to Wednesday).

Delays or Backlogs at the State Police licensing unit are across the board and impact everybody equally but this idea of waiting months for a local PD to accept and process your application is ridiculous and needs to be addressed.

Last edited:
This example is one of the worst but there are a lot of other severe delays being posted here.

1. If people are waiting 2-3 months for interview and prints at their local PD they need to contact COmm2A. This is illegal.

2. I feel sorry (and am also mad) for you people. There should not be this much disparity in local administration of this law. In my town I called to ask what the procedure was and I was instructed that the firearms officer is available Friday mornings 8-10 and Wednesday evenings 6-8. I showed up Friday morning and waited about 15 minutes. The firearms officer took my application verbally and input it into the system (I guess that's the interview) and fingerprinted me. So worst case scenario in my town is that you wait 4 days (Saturday to Wednesday).

Delays or Backlogs at the State Police licensing unit are across the board and impact everybody equally but this idea of waiting months for a local PD to accept and process you application is ridiculous and needs to be addressed.

This was all new to me and the officer told me it was normal. Now I see that isn't true.
This site is a great wealth of knowledge.

Steve

So after still not having received a call from the WPD today I called the department of justice licensing office to see if they had finally printed it. After being scolded for calling 3 times in 3 weeks, as well as telling my the information I received on the 8th was incorrect and he "doesn't know who told me that." He told me my license printed back on the 4th and was mailed shortly after that. I find it hard to believe that it takes more than 7 days for mail to reach Westport from Boston. So I went to the PD tonight and they still haven't received it. So I'm not sure what the hold up is or if there is anything I should do.

So after still not having received a call from the WPD today I called the department of justice licensing office to see if they had finally printed it. After being scolded for calling 3 times in 3 weeks, as well as telling my the information I received on the 8th was incorrect and he "doesn't know who told me that." He told me my license printed back on the 4th and was mailed shortly after that. I find it hard to believe that it takes more than 7 days for mail to reach Westport from Boston. So I went to the PD tonight and they still haven't received it. So I'm not sure what the hold up is or if there is anything I should do.

This is the busiest time of year for the Post Office. OR, your PD has it in a stack, on a desk in the back, and will get around to it, eventually. There really is nothing you can, or should do. Be patient, it won't be long.

Anyone have any experience with Saugus as of late? Tried digging through, think i got back to 2014 with no posts that I saw about Saugus, but I may have missed one. Just curious how the interviews tend to go and what kind of turnaround time they have been experiencing.

About 6 weeks in Holyoke both me and my wife. Interview/application consists of you answering your description getting finger printed and stating you're not a criminal during regular weekly walkin hours(Thursday afternoon). I think the state took about 2 weeks and the local PD took up the other 4 weeks.

This example is one of the worst but there are a lot of other severe delays being posted here. 1. If people are waiting 2-3 months for interview and prints at their local PD they need to contact COmm2A. This is illegal. 2. I feel sorry (and am also mad) for you people. There should not be this much disparity in local administration of this law. In my town I called to ask what the procedure was and I was instructed that the firearms officer is available Friday mornings 8-10 and Wednesday evenings 6-8. I showed up Friday morning and waited about 15 minutes. The firearms officer took my application verbally and input it into the system (I guess that's the interview) and fingerprinted me. So worst case scenario in my town is that you wait 4 days (Saturday to Wednesday). Delays or Backlogs at the State Police licensing unit are across the board and impact everybody equally but this idea of waiting months for a local PD to accept and process your application is ridiculous and needs to be addressed.

What is this State Police Licensing Unit you speak of? Never heard of it. The only involvement that the MSP has in this whole process is the fingerprint check which is handled by the State Identification Section in Sudbury. Normally the turnaround for fingerprints is good. If a local PD tells you that the State Police is holding things up its a fabrication of truth.

Back
Top Bottom