How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Got a question. Once the LTC is mailed to the PD is it all set ready to go, or is there something that has to be done with it by the local?

Yes, the local PD has to "activate" it in MIRCS. This is a method of protection so that if it was stolen in the USMail on the way to the PD (they are usually sent in "bundles", many LTCs/FIDs in the package), it would be useless if someone tried to pass it off to a dealer in MA.

Yes, the local PD has to "activate" it in MIRCS. This is a method of protection so that if it was stolen in the USMail on the way to the PD (they are usually sent in "bundles", many LTCs/FIDs in the package), it
would be useless if someone tried to pass it off to a dealer in MA.

OK thank you..how long does that usually take? The reason I ask I was told by FRB that my LTC was printing last wednesday night and mailed Thursday or Friday the latest, so I'm thinking it is there by now?

Waiting in Plymouth since first week of May! Very hard to get an answer out of anyone. Told that aps are being reviewed by the Capt.

According to info from local sources, they're' working to some sort of a plan, now what that plan may be isn't clear yet, simply because once they get your money, no more news comes out of that area.

Tim [grin]

OK thank you..how long does that usually take? The reason I ask I was told by FRB that my LTC was printing last wednesday night and mailed Thursday or Friday the latest, so I'm thinking it is there by now?

It could sit for a day or a month on an officer's desk. Depends on how fast they WANT to do their end of the job and that means that there are at least 351 different answers to your question.

Since calling doesn't make it happen any faster, but it does seem to frustrate everyone when the status is waiting at LPD. I know it will happen, hopefully soon!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4

Just got mine in the mail today.

LOWELL- Safety Class of FEB 23...interview on MAY 21...have in hand SEPT 13...... from interview until today 115 days...

Restrictions: SPORTING...

I have a question about "SPORTING"... does that mean i will be able to shoot at a shooting range/club and also if i have my hunting license does "sporting" mean i can HUNT???

Just got mine in the mail today.

LOWELL- Safety Class of FEB 23...interview on MAY 21...have in hand SEPT 13...... from interview until today 115 days...

Restrictions: SPORTING...

I have a question about "SPORTING"... does that mean i will be able to shoot at a shooting range/club and also if i have my hunting license does "sporting" mean i can HUNT???

There are no set standards in MA about the restrictions. I would say you're likely ok for the range or for hunting. Keep in mind though that MA also requires that you take a hunter's safety course or have a hunting license from a previous year.

When my buddy in rutland applied the officer told him 10-12 weeks. He went to the local pd yesterday (11 weeks) and asked an officer if his ltc is ready. The officer looked it up and said "ooh, 11 weeks, just shy of 12" and said he would call when it comes in. Is he planning on waiting for week 12 to give him his ltc? Or is his ltc weeks away?

Friend of mine had application and fingerprints last week of may in Quincy, he called today and they said it was activated and sent to his local PD

Back
Top Bottom