How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Another theory I have is that Gardner was reasonably quick because they no longer do ink prints. They use the fancy new electronic print machine that's tied into the print database. I can see that shaving some time off the app processes. I know a lot of towns are still using ink prints that have to be manually scanned in and sometimes the system doesn't like the prints for some reason and they get kicked back out and have to be redone.

MAYBE...I'm not sure if LiveScan is up and running for LTC prints yet...my PD has to scan them and then print them on a printer and mail them to AFIS...IDK if anyone else is up and running, but I know my dept isn't.

I live in Boston it took 5 months for an appointment to get pictures and prints taken, May 14th prints a picture taken, May 15th passed moon island shooting test August 28th class A LTC in hand target and hunting.[frown]

Update today 08/30/13 i went and got a glock 23 compact with night sights

Last edited:
At my prints and interview, the LO told me not to call him before 12 weeks. I gave him two more weeks and called on Monday, he said nothing yet, and unfortunately he now sees even 16 weeks or more.
Called FRB just now and he told me "it's active...actually, it was issued two days ago" and suggested to check with PD next week.
So, if it's true - 98 days.

Edit: PD just called, LTC ready to be picked up (10 minutes after writing the post above).

Last edited:
I had a decent experience in Easton MA. Sergeant OReilly set up an appointment pretty quick and the 12 weeks I was quoted was accurate. This was about 4 months ago.

For me in Milton, it was about 3 weeks from schedule to interview. The interview was on May 1. I was told it would be about 3 months. The permit was mailed out to me Aug. 26th. It seems that the wait times are even longer now at least from this man's perspective. As I have been reading other people's posts the average times seem to be closer to 4+ months than 3. I'm guessing that if I were applying now I wouldn't be surprised if it took 5 months to get the license.

Thought I would check with the FRB website to see what dates are being processed.

Current Firearms Records Bureau (FRB) License Processing Time

As of August 26, 2013 the FRB is currently approving and printing licenses that were submitted for review by police departments between August 12th and August 25th.

Thought I would check with the FRB website to see what dates are being processed.

Current Firearms Records Bureau (FRB) License Processing Time

As of August 26, 2013 the FRB is currently approving and printing licenses that were submitted for review by police departments between August 12th and August 25th.

they told me mine was approved on aug 14th if I didn't have it by thurs of this week to give them a call back, said there running at about 2-3 weeks

Waltham, 98 days from interview and prints. Target & Hunting as predicted [angry]

Now I need to see how I get these idiotic, unconstitutional restrictions off.

Interesting though (not sure if this is always the case or something has been changed since LaCroix was convicted), one of the Captains is signed on my license, not the CoP (not even the acting/temporary CoP).

Without calling either the dcjis or FRB you don't know if you PD has approved, or still waiting for BG checks to come back.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk 4
yes, the quote is assuming that your police department completed all of their part. And that your application was submitted to the frb from the local police.

Nice to hear from another guy in Plymouth, only thing we can do is play the game and don't let them win, I have already decided that I am going to carry twice as much as I was just cause of the hassle, and I'm not going to be so polite at the waterfront by stopping for people in the crosswalk, I'll take the I pay taxes here attitude and let them wait ~ [laugh]

Tim [wink]

Town: Ashland
Color: Green
Application Interview Date: Jun 15, 2013
Approved: Sept 4, 2013
Activated: Sept 14th, 2013
Received: September 19th, 2013. No restrictions.
Days: 96

Last edited:
Just got the good news I've been waiting for, my Peabody app was approved yesterday and I should have it within 2-3 weeks. Applied 6/11, pictures and prints 6/12, approved 9/3.

Today is 11 weeks to the day since I was finger printed in Framingham. [rolleyes] Still pending review.

Guess I'll check next week and then call the PD to see what the hold up is.

I tried to schedule my appointment in Fitchburg starting in October '12 (left messages ever few weeks till January, then started emailing/calling at least once a week), was finally able to get an interview march '13, and received the call to pick up my LTC in mid July '13. As if the process was not painful enough, when had my interview I was told it would be submitted without restriction and when I picked it up the put target and hunting restrictions on it. Makes me wish I lived 1/4 mile down the road into Westminster. My buddy there took the same class I did, scheduled appointment the same day, and had his before Christmas (no restrictions). I don't know if it has changed but during my attempts to get an interview, you call a # and get a recording that states that the licensing office is closed during normal business hours and to leave a message and they will call you back. It is a ridiculous way to run it and definitely acts as a deterrent for applicants.

Back
Top Bottom