How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

FINALLY!..today is week 17 (119 days) since my app was submitted so I called the FRB to check status. it has been approved by local PD and submitted to FRB for printing. Now I just got to wait for the gun I prepaid for to come in[smile]

FINALLY!..today is week 17 (119 days) since my app was submitted so I called the FRB to check status. it has been approved by local PD and submitted to FRB for printing. Now I just got to wait for the gun I prepaid for to come in[smile]

Congratulations!!!!! I'm glad you are getting to the end of your journey.how many times did you call the frb to check the status of your application?

So, I got a call 2 weeks ago from the local PD saying that they got everything back, approved it, and would receive the license in 7-10 days or so.

I called the status line last Monday, and I was told that my license was "Pending Activation" and could take up to 2 weeks to be sent back to PD.

I called yesterday into the status line, and I was told that my local PD approved on the 7th of this month, and it takes 2-3 weeks past that date to get it back to local PD, so it should get back this week or next week...

Ugh. In general, I am an instant gratification kind of guy. The waiting sucked, but I coped. But this home stretch wait is CRAZY! Driving me bonkers.

Initial appointment: 5/6/13
Approved by local PD: 8/7/13
Received: Still waiting

Stoneham. Dropped off my application three weeks ago (4/16). No word back from the PD for an interview/fingerprints yet.
Still no word back on an interview/fingerprints. I dropped off a duplicate of my original application on 7/16 in the assumption that my first copy was "misplaced". No call-backs when I leave a message. I'm just trying to find out if they actually have my application. I'm now at just over 4 months since my original application.

Last edited:
Today is exactly 10 weeks for me, just called the FRB and I'm still pending review by local authority. Applied June 12th and was told around 14 weeks

Today is exactly 10 weeks for me, just called the FRB and I'm still pending review by local authority. Applied June 12th and was told around 14 weeks

Probably be around 16. I was told 10-12 and I will be at 13 on Friday. Good luck.

Got wind of some info today about my town's 4 + month wait for an LTC *

Came from a person that had their interview in April and called the Plymouth PD 2 see what's going on a few day's ago.

The PD said . . . They are backed up.

Really ! ! No Friggin Shit

Tim ~ [laugh]

Somerville:

07/22 - Turned in application and had the interview
08/12 - Called DCJIS for an update and was told they had sent everything back to PD.
08/22 - Was called and told to come pick up LTC-A [smile].

Back in July when I was waiting for my interview, someone came in to pick up their LTC and he said it was just over 4 weeks. It's seem like Somerville PD are estimating correctly since it just took 4.5 weeks to get mine.

Somerville:

08/12 - Called DCJIS for an update and was told they had sent everything back to PD.

Back in July when I was waiting for my interview, someone came in to pick up their LTC and he said it was just over 4 weeks. It's seem like Somerville PD are estimating correctly since it just took 4.5 weeks to get mine.

4 weeks! Lucky guy I was 4 months...I don't get it the state blows

4 weeks! Lucky guy I was 4 months...I don't get it the state blows

Yeah, I don't know how this happened but I hope everyone gets there sooner then later. My friend applied in Milford in June and was told the wait was at least 4-6 months. My guess to those towns that people are waiting 2-3+ month is it's the local PD that doesn't have enough resources to process flood of applications.

Well it ain't my town, but it is good to hear someone is beefing up the process for the good citizens that pay decent $ for a service that should take all of 30 min, I am wondering if my towns licensing officer is spending most of the day on Facebook or in Cafe world, cause nothing seems to be getting done.

Tim ~

Somerville:

Who did you have to sleep with?

Today is exactly nine weeks and one day since my getting my photograph taken and prints done in Framingham. Still "pending review." I'm beginning to doubt the veracity of the nice lady at the records office when she said "12 weeks."

Back
Top Bottom