• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

This means they are waiting for your prints and background checks to come back from the state. Most people are waiting at least 100 days to get theirs in hand. Im currently at 91 days and still pending review. Sorry to say your in for a wait. Once it comes back from the state checks and gets sent to the printing process they say its a 2 week wait from that point until you receive it. They only have 1 mule for delivery though.

^^ this is right, it took me 3 months almost to the day (sounds like im lucky) to get mine in hand. I live in Clinton. I called the state for a status check a month ago and said the same thing. My wife and I submitted her app today and was told when they tell you that it means your prints are being processed through the state. I guess this is the longest part. Then when the local PD gets it they have to process it with some records board then they can issue the license. So for all you know you could be getting it in the next few weeks. but I can guarantee its not still at your local PD

Update on Framingham: I'm at 32 "working" days since my finger printing and photographing, over 40 if you count weekends and holidays, well over that if you count the days since I submitted my actual application on May 30th. I called FRB today and was told my app was still "pending review" at Framingham PD. I'm assuming this means that they haven't even gone through the state approval process.

Anyone have any advice?

unless you get lucky you still have a long wait..im at 105 days and still pending review

don't blame your local pd. the delay is at the state level. when frb says pending review it means your local pd is waiting on prints, mental health and whatever else they need to approve. i'm sure there are some pd's that are part of the problem but don't assume yours is. with me prints and pictures 4/27 ltc-a in hand 8/5 no restrictions marion ma

Last edited:
Wow, I feel for all you guys. Mine took 7 weeks from prints to phone call telling me to come and pick it up and I thought that was a long time!! I don't get how some people wait 7 weeks like me and others wait 14+. This system needs to be blown up and re-built from the ground up. It should be all electronic with no wait what so ever.

don't blame your local pd. the delay is at the state level. when frb says pending review it means your local pd is waiting on prints, mental health and whatever else they need to approve. i'm sure there are some pd's that are part of the problem but don't assume yours is. with me prints and pictures 4/27 ltc-a in hand 8/5 no restrictions marion ma

If you read through this thread you will find that the local PD is almost always the problem.

Wow, I feel for all you guys. Mine took 7 weeks from prints to phone call telling me to come and pick it up and I thought that was a long time!! I don't get how some people wait 7 weeks like me and others wait 14+. This system needs to be blown up and re-built from the ground up. It should be all electronic with no wait what so ever.

and there is your proof. I received my LTC through Billerica also and they were professional and the wait was the same last Oct.

No matter how many times I've posted this or others have posted this, it isn't believed...it's all true though

- - - Updated - - -

If you read through this thread you will find that the local PD is almost always the problem.

SOMETIMES this is true, sometimes it isn't

and there is your proof. I received my LTC through Billerica also and they were professional and the wait was the same last Oct.

Trust me when I tell you and everyone else that prints come back to the PD's from MSP in sometimes a completely random order, not always in the order they were submitted.

This state really sucks on licensing.

I happened to be visiting PA last week.
Have friends/family in the area, so stopped at the Armstrong County Sheriffs office in Kittanning and applied for a new PA non-res "all-lawful" license.
http://co.armstrong.pa.us/departments/elected-officials/sheriff
Was in/out in under an hour with new license in hand! $20 for 5 years. Valid in a lot of states.
He apologized for it taking so long, as was having trouble on the line with the state, I guess they run the background check through Harrisburg.

Non-res can apply at any county, so I'm sure it is best to pick one out in the sticks.
PSP
It appears it is perhaps discretionary, and if a resident, must apply to your county, or chief of police in a "city of the first class".

You can mail an app in, but have to show up for picture anyway.

important to note. when you call dcj for status they'll tell you when the application was filed by your local pd. mine was filed on 4/27. same day as pics and prints. again i'm sure some pd's are part of the delay but many are not.

Applied through Boston. Had my prints taken on 5 June. Qual'd on Moon Island on 10 June. Still waiting. This was for renewal. My current LTC-A expires on 6 Sep. Got a feeling I'll expire before I get my renewal.

Not the initial application but posting for GI: Lost my wallet, applied for a replacement LTC, and picked it up a week later with a "term coterminous with the original license period". (501 CMR 9)

License number changed and was told pin# remained the same. I can only assume that before making a fool of myself at the dealer.

edit: new ltc wasn't activated, had to get a new pin.

Last edited:
-applied 5/17

-appt 5/21...at the time I'm told they are running about 12 weeks.

-called FRB 7/16 (remember this date): approved, in-house and being printed, at PD within 2 weeks as they go out in batches

-called FRB 8/8: "activated" 7/17

It's my understanding that the PD receives the printed license back from the FRB and then "issues" it with a PIN...the license will not show "active" in the system until the PD does this final step....

called PD 8/8 (paraphrased below)

PD: it's not here
Me: the FRB shows it activated 7/17, 3 weeks ago... is there a way to back check from you end?
PD: hold please
PD: I don't know, I don't handle that
Me: is the Lt available?
PD: hold please
PD (Lt): it's not here
Me: FRB shows it active 3 weeks ago, I just want to make sure it hasn't fallen through the cracks and that I may have to ask FRB to reprint
PD (Lt): hold please
PD (Lt): you know what?, it IS here...

(this is my shocked face---> [thinking]

PD (Lt): I send them out prior to getting fingerprints back, cuz if I don't it takes another three weeks on the back end..., but you're all set. I'm just waiting on prints. Give me a call the beginning to middle of next week and we'll see where we're at-
Me: (begrudgingly)... thank you-

I have to take the man at his word, but it is my understanding that the FRB will not approve unless prints are already complete. I also wholely believe that it is no small accident that the thing may have been sitting there for approaching a month and that the middle of next week is (wait for it...) 12 weeks.

8/9: (the day after I talked to the Lt) the PD just called the house- my permit is suddenly ready to be picked up (81 days...)

Obviously, the process is flawed...but it's BEHIND me-

Anyone applying to Worcester should know they are still giving the 4+ month time line for scheduling an appointment. I have to wait until January.

Called today. License is "Pending Activation".

Initial appointment: May 13, 2013
"Pending Activation: Aug 13, 2013

Elapsed time: 93 days. I'll keep you updated!

WTF,,so todays my birth day and also marks wk 16 since I put my app in, so I thought I would call the FRB and get a nice b day surprise...nope still pending review

Worcester, Wife dropped off her app and was fingerprinted/photographed on 4/24/2013. She called last Friday 8/9/13 and it was finally ready for pickup at the Worcester PD.

Today she picked it up. LTC -A, no restrictions. Hell yeah! about f*cking time!

Back
Top Bottom