How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
<sigh> We are whistling in the wind. I posted a Sticky with all the steps in the procedure as relayed to me by Jason Guida when he was Director of FRB. You have posted your info as well . . . and we still have folks daily who will believe what they want to believe! [rolleyes]

I give up!
The thread you made was very helpful, IMHO I think the times for the checks are getting longer, and as we all know we get no straight answers from the state at any stop in this process.

Three of us in my family applied on the same day one right after the other, it has been 79 days now, we all have called and the hot line says waiting for the PPD, I knew it was going to be a wait so I am pretty cool right now, I don't know how I will be come mid way through August, cause at that point the your getting screwed factor will start to surface.

Tim ~ [grin]

- - - Updated - - -

You're right...I really should just stop reading this thread...
Your posts and encouragement is very helpful in this process, keep up the good work.

Tim ~ [thumbsup]

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
.... Of course mine expired during that time and I was told not to carry on expired while in renewal process.
I carried for over 90 days after my LTC expired earlier this year. So the state is going to go after me because the Boston PD can't comply with the law even when I start the process 9 weeks before my LTC actually expires? Bring it. [devil2]

Its the state imposing a system that they don't have the resources to handle. ...
But they don't really see it as being a problem because issuing a license is just another regulatory process. It's not like your rights are being violated.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
*Another Update* Just called FRB, they say license was approved on the 23rd of July, now I just have to wait for them to activate it. Which is good because I put a down payment on a M&P 40. If you know anyone that has to start the process of getting a license, just let them know it is going to take some time, at least 4-5 months. Have a good day!

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Went to the police station today to inquire about my LTC, I was told by the officer at the deck ( he was nice) that is has been taking three to four months even for police officers, it was suggested I lay low and not stir up things cause it is a very touchy subject, that didn't surprise me at all, I can tell that just by the way this whole process has been going, I feel like hiding under a house cause I'm the criminal here asking for a LTC.

Like I have said it hasn't been even three months yet so I am ok with the time as it is now, my thing is lack of real info from any source and the way the system is set up to handle these applications, I do get the feeling from all my inquiries that it is not my local PD but those that run the State checks that are screwing this up, at some point shit has got to spill over and start interfering with the state itself, I am sure all the States Police departments are not very happy about the wait either.

IMHO

Tim ~

Len-2A Training

Instructor
Instructor
NES Life Member
NES Member
Rating - 98.4%
61   1   0
I am sure all the States Police departments are not very happy about the wait either.
I can tell you for a fact that numerous PDs are very unhappy with that situation, but there isn't anything that they can do either. They feel like the meat in the sandwich getting pushed by both sides (applicant and state). And the fact that the background checks seem to come back randomly . . . some a few weeks, others 3-4 months . . . aggravates them even more.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
New guy here from Methuen...

Took my class on 6/5.
Submitted my application 6/11.
Got call for interview on 6/13 for 7/1.
Interview was postponed by PD twice till 7/18.
Prints taken on 7/18 and was told it will be around 12 weeks. I'll update this once I get more info.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
92 Days. New applicant.

Bellingham:

Basic Firearms Safety Corse Certificate in hand.
April 30[SUP]th[/SUP] : I call for an appointment. Told to come in the same day, "there is an opening available".
45 min-1 hr, in the station, waiting behind 2 applicants. One new. One renewal.
Another 45 min - 1 hr, Interview with Sergeant Perry. Check of records in house and MIRCS (previously held lifetime FID), Review application, photo, fingerprint then full set of prints.
Sergeant Perry shook my hand, told me I would be getting a call when it arrives. Approved for Class A LTC no restrictions. License Number assigned.

May 21[SUP]st: [/SUP] Call FRB: Told PD is still running background.

June 11[SUP]th: [/SUP]Call FRB: same answer.

June 25[SUP]th: [/SUP]Call FRB: same explanation along with "it's taking 8 weeks now".

July 2[SUP]nd: [/SUP] Call FRB: I am told PD has not yet clicked “Approved” in MIRCS to sends for FRB review.

July 2[SUP]nd: [/SUP] Call Local PD "State is holding things up"

July 23[SUP]rd:[/SUP] Call FRB “LTC being printed, then sent to Local PD, approximately 3 days”

July 30[SUP]th :[/SUP] PD called me…………..

92 Days.
As anticipated, LTC-A-No restrictions. (No fingerprint on the card. Will need to memorize PIN.)

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2/27/13 - Application, Pictures, and Fingerprints - Submitted / Complete
7/30/13 - MA LTC-A No Restrictions with Pin # in hand

Hometown (01827) has been great (green)!!
State / Fed Background Check.....WOW....They must be very thorough?!?!?

Patience, Patience, Patience.....and a clean record.

Thank You,
T

Rating - 98.4%
63   1   0
Billerica PD showed me once again how pro gun and professional they really are. They went out of their way to help me out with my renewal process. Knowing that I was out of my grace period and needing my LTC for my side Job, they truly went above and beyond to get it to me in a timely manner. Never once getting annoyed at my calling to check the status. I've heard horror stories of other towns sitting on applications to extend the process and that's just flat out wrong!!! These said towns should take notice of how a real police department handles and treats their law abiding citizens. Bravo Billerica PD!!

LTC A (No Restrictions) 45 days from prints to hand!!!

Rating - 98.4%
63   1   0
Question?? My previous LTC had for ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES and my renewal just says none for restrictions. Should we be concerned about the wording?? I don't trust this state very much and they can hide lots of ways to prosecute you in their verbiage, leaving the law very open to interpretation god forbid one actually needed to use their firearm in self defense. Am I being overly paranoid here??

Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Question?? My previous LTC had for ALL LAWFUL PURPOSES and my renewal just says none for restrictions. Should we be concerned about the wording?? I don't trust this state very much and they can hide lots of ways to prosecute you in their verbiage, leaving the law very open to interpretation god forbid one actually needed to use their firearm in self defense. Am I being overly paranoid here??
No they are essentially the same. You're good.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still waiting on mine from Arlington. Hasn't been the 8 weeks I was quoted, but I'm impatient.

Mid-April - Applied for LTC
May 23rd - Fingerprinting/Photographing
June 4th - Check cashed by local PD
July 8th - Called FRB and was informed my application is still under review by my local PD
*update* August 2nd - Called local PD with zero updates.

Hopefully it won't be too much longer, there are way too many firearms up for sale here!
Update for today. Called my local PD since the FRB keeps telling me they're still waiting on my local PD/state background check. Called the Arlington PD, all I gave was my name and the reply was a quick "we don't have it and we'll call you when we do". Going on 10 weeks now...

Billsail

NES Member
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
They're panicking now, seeing the population of armed citizens swelling like it is. There's nothing they can do about it, except slow it down... until the total ban.

GooseManCometh

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
New forum member here, but I've been lurking around these parts for a few months now...

Brookline, MA: Currently at 80 days with no end in sight. Emailed the LEO I have had contact with earlier in the week to get an update, no response...

GooseManCometh

NES Member
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Update from earlier this morning: Got a notice in the mail that I was granted a LTC-A with a "sporting" and "target" restriction. Probably not surprising considering it's Brookline.
So I am at 80 days but no license in hand yet...

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Stop with the total ban crap!! There's not gonna be any ban!!!
Easy there, save it for the people that are against gun rights [smile]

I agree there is not going to be a ban, they will just let this slow painful process continue until we get a governor with some balls that cleans up the personal agenda problem that the state workers have with our rights.

Tim ~ [thumbsup]

boscru

NES Member
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
brockton is now a 9 week wait for appointment. a year ago it was 3 weeks. number of people applying is increasing exponentialy.
so the wait is bad, but the increased number of applicants in the prm is a good thing for all of us. more firearms owners voting

Top Bottom