How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

What does "in draft" status mean?
It means one of two things, A) you haven't been in for prints etc yet so they have not sent your License to "Pending Review" or B) they've submitted all your checks, AFIS, DMH etc, but have not clicked on the link to show it as "in review" departments do it differently.

8/2 called FRB still in draft
92 days and counting

applied 5/2

just called FRB again still sitting "in draft" at the pd since 5/2. Guy said I need to call them. Guess I'll have to go in tomorrow.

104 days. 14 weeks. FML

State is starting to return prints from May, unless your PD is messing with you it should be too much longer.

Called the PD. Clerk was very nice and explained how they are waiting to hear back from the state. Seems to be a valid issue not them messing with me. Hopefully your right about the state finally starting to return prints from May.

Today is 100 days since my interview. Local PD seem like good folks, says they don't know if it's the state PD or the fed's gumming things up but they haven't gotten anyone back from first week of May when I went in. I went and bought myself a present on tax free Sunday anyway. Makes me feel a little better I bought a firearm tax free. :)

Today is 100 days since my interview. Local PD seem like good folks, says they don't know if it's the state PD or the fed's gumming things up but they haven't gotten anyone back from first week of May when I went in. I went and bought myself a present on tax free Sunday anyway. Makes me feel a little better I bought a firearm tax free. :)

They have been coming back in a totally random (unexplained!) order. I put in my renewal on 23 May and had my license in hand 39 days later. It seems the state is treating different towns differently. There's no rhyme or reason for it???

Hang in there!

I am right with ya, 98 days since my interview, I finished paying off my M&P Compact on Sunday, like Bill said hang in there you ain't alone, it sucks for a lot of us [sad2]

Tim ~ [thumbsup]

8 weeks since my renewal and still waiting.

- - - Updated - - -

Can anyone refresh my memory...does the local PD take prints again on renewal? I'm coming up again, and don't recall if they re-print each renewal.

No but they do update your photo.

Current Firearms Records Bureau (FRB) License Processing Time

As of August 12, 2013 the FRB is currently approving and printing licenses that were submitted for review by police departments between July 30th and August 11th.

*Update* Got License on the 12th of August, I called the police department and they said that it came in over the weekend. I went to Bass Pro in Foxboro on Wednesday, tried to buy a M & P 9mm, they said the ink on my license was still wet and when they called the FBI for a instant Backround Check, they told Bass Pro to hold and they will get back to them within three days, if they don't then they can sell it to me. I got a call yesturday from Bass Pro and they said that they had heard from the FBI and they were able to proceed with the sale. Picked up new M & P 9mm, 2 boxes of target rounds, 4 boxes of pers. protection rounds. Finally starting the collection! For everyone who is still waiting, be patient, I know it sucks, but it's worth the wait. Have a good weekend!

*Update* Got License on the 12th of August, I called the police department and they said that it came in over the weekend. I went to Bass Pro in Foxboro on Wednesday, tried to buy a M & P 9mm, they said the ink on my license was still wet and when they called the FBI for a instant Backround Check, they told Bass Pro to hold and they will get back to them within three days, if they don't then they can sell it to me. I got a call yesturday from Bass Pro and they said that they had heard from the FBI and they were able to proceed with the sale. Picked up new M & P 9mm, 2 boxes of target rounds, 4 boxes of pers. protection rounds. Finally starting the collection! For everyone who is still waiting, be patient, I know it sucks, but it's worth the wait. Have a good weekend!

So you just went through a background check got your Ltc and bass had to do there own **** that

So you just went through a background check got your Ltc and bass had to do there own **** that

Ha reminds me of when I turned 21. On my 21st bday went to buy beer and the guy told me I couldn't buy it because its not the day after my birthday.

As of August 12, 2013 the FRB is currently approving and printing licenses that were submitted for review by police departments between July 30th and August 11th.

What? You mean after review?

YES, after the PD reviews and approves your application, they print and activate them, so FRB is saying they're approving and printing LTCs that were submitted to them during that time

Tomorrow is 100 daze, I am getting a bit antsy I must admit, if there was at least some response from my emails to the Plymouth PD I would feel happier, how had can the license job be anyway, just seems like typical control bull Shit.

Tim ~ [thinking]

Every firearm purchase from an FFL has to go through the NICS check. Bass Pro did the NICS check and he got a Delay. If after three days, they don't receive a proceed or a deny, it's an automatic proceed.

While all the big chains have their issues, this time, it wasn't one of them.

I applied for my LTC - A on august 07 2013. does that mean that my application is already being reviewed or printed? that seems very soon.

I applied for my LTC - A on august 07 2013. does that mean that my application is already being reviewed or printed? that seems very soon.

No. Have you been finger printed and reviewed yet? If not, it hasn't even been sent out for background checks. It's going to be 120 days+ at average. Some departments are way behind.

Every firearm purchase from an FFL has to go through the NICS check. Bass Pro did the NICS check and he got a Delay. If after three days, they don't receive a proceed or a deny, it's an automatic proceed.

While all the big chains have their issues, this time, it wasn't one of them.

It's technically not an automatic proceed. It's a "dealer may proceed if it wishes".

I got everything done on August 7th. My fingerprints were already done from my first fid. he just entered a couple things. Did new picture. And took my cash

I got everything done on August 7th. My fingerprints were already done from my first fid. he just entered a couple things. Did new picture. And took my cash
I had my picture taken for renewal in a small green town in April. Picked up the license last night. All the "small green town" did for me was start the wait at the state level sooner.

That is exactly what happened to me. Told me to come in anytime and apply, no appointment. He was there, I said today and he said come in. Been a month, but my birthday isn't until December. Small towns are great.

I had my picture taken for renewal in a small green town in April. Picked up the license last night. All the "small green town" did for me was start the wait at the state level sooner.
Darn. So I guess being in a small green town isnt much help. Do you mind if I ask what day in April you applied?

That is exactly what happened to me. Told me to come in anytime and apply, no appointment. He was there, I said today and he said come in. Been a month, but my birthday isn't until December. Small towns are great.
My town wasn't that nice. But it was still very nice. They do applications every Wednesday. And everything at the pd gets done on that day, fingerprinting, application, picture, etc. And I was the only one at the time applying.
And p.s. sorry for posting twice in a row. I couldn't figure out how to quote two times in 1 post. I'm pretty new to forums.

Back
Top Bottom