How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

for Somerville
12/20 passed safety course
12/21 called to schedule appointment at police dept for 12/31
12/31 dropped off application, photos and fingerprints taken
1/24 got the call that license was ready
1/25 picked up Class A restricted License but from the research i did first timers always get restricted it gets removed when renewing

I live in Pepperell. Mine only took 3 or 4 weeks, but I already had an active FID so that may have expedited the process. Pepperell only likes to give out FID's or LTC-A's unless there are extenuating circumstances in which they have to give you restrictions. Very conservative town.

for Somerville

1/25 picked up Class A restricted License but from the research i did first timers always get restricted it gets removed when renewing

There's no guarantee, I believe it's going to depend on who the chief is when it comes time to renew. I'm in the same boat as I also live in Somerville and have the T&H restrictions as well.

There's no guarantee, I believe it's going to depend on who the chief is when it comes time to renew. I'm in the same boat as I also live in Somerville and have the T&H restrictions as well.

lets hope when I was dropping off the app Betsy was the lady helping me I heard say to someone who was there before me that that was how they did it but time will tell

good thing i applied for upgrade to LTC early (sarcasm), applied nov 6th, day one of 90 day grace period starts tomorrow, pretty bummed

- - - Updated - - -

good thing i applied for upgrade to LTC early (sarcasm), applied nov 6th, day one of 90 day grace period starts tomorrow, pretty bummed

Figure I'd stop in and give you guys a quick update:

Aug. 4 - completed Firearm Course
Sept. 24 - Called PD for an interview appointment
Oct. 9 - Had appointment with PD, got fingerprinted and everything the same day
Jan. 8 - LTC-A issued
Jan. 28 - call to FRB, said that license is pending delivery to the local PD

So currently I'm on day 112.

Does it really take that long from issuance to arrive at the PD? I'm trying to be patient here but...

Western MA green town

Aug. 4 - completed Firearm Course
Sept. 24 - Called PD for an interview appointment
Oct. 9 - Had appointment with PD, got fingerprinted and everything the same day
Jan. 8 - LTC-A issued
Jan. 28 - call to FRB, said that license is pending delivery to the local PD

Does it really take that long from issuance to arrive at the PD? I'm trying to be patient here but...

Western MA green town

Nope

Western MA green town

Interview: 12/6/2012
Called FRB on 1/25/2013. Their answer: mailed on 1/15/2013, should talk to the local PD.

Still waiting.

Allegedly 'green' Wayland.

40 day update in Chicopee

FRB told me they received the application yesterday, and its pending activation by them. Looks like Chicopee uses the entire 40 days to approve or deny

Ok so filled out app on december 13th, pictures, prints, check, done! 7 weeks later NOTHING!!!!! Frb says still pending with local pd! Local pd says: waiting on State::: wtf!!!! Local pd says be patient, ohhhh boy!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Ok so filled out app on december 13th, pictures, prints, check, done! 7 weeks later NOTHING!!!!! Frb says still pending with local pd! Local pd says: waiting on State::: wtf!!!! Local pd says be patient, ohhhh boy!!!

- - - Updated - - -

Which city or town?

QUINCY

Got my class certificate last week. Called Quincy PD every day this week until I reached a human. As of Thursday, January 31, 2013, they are booking interviews in JULY. My interview is the third week of July.

The person I spoke with told me that some nearby towns are booking interviews a YEAR out. The reason given was that there is only one computer terminal reserved for LTC-A interviews, and it's creating a bottleneck with all the demand. They said they are attempting to get another terminal, and will call the later interviews if they have earlier space open up. My guess is that I will actually receive my license sometime in 2014, at which point the only thing left to buy will be a beat up .22 bolt-action. I'm just going to call every week and check to see if anything earlier has opened up.

Applied for renewal 3 weeks ago. Sitting in popo lot right now. Just picked up Restrictions None.

-tapatalk and Devin McCourty blow chunks-

QUINCY

Got my class certificate last week. Called Quincy PD every day this week until I reached a human. As of Thursday, January 31, 2013, they are booking interviews in JULY. My interview is the third week of July.

The person I spoke with told me that some nearby towns are booking interviews a YEAR out. The reason given was that there is only one computer terminal reserved for LTC-A interviews, and it's creating a bottleneck with all the demand. They said they are attempting to get another terminal, and will call the later interviews if they have earlier space open up. My guess is that I will actually receive my license sometime in 2014, at which point the only thing left to buy will be a beat up .22 bolt-action. I'm just going to call every week and check to see if anything earlier has opened up.

[bs1]

Dropped app off in Andover first week in January. Called in yesterday and told to expect 12 weeks. Certainly wish it was faster, but based on others it doesn't seem that bad.

Hey Kodiak,
No real advice. I forget the female officers name, maybe Lavalle, but she was very courteous. The process was painless. Took about 20-30. She took me info for app, inputted info into PC, took my pic and prints.
My friend who took the MFS class with with me last year is still waiting for an interview in Lowell so it's nice to live in a green town.
Good Luck!

These are all very interesting. I can't get an appointment in Quincy for 5-6 months, and yet everyone else seems to be getting interviews much faster. Any other south shore people looking at extremely long waits?

Back
Top Bottom