How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Hi I am about to apply for my LTC in mass. I live in a green gun city so that is a bit comforting... I have taken the FID basic gun safety course already but i was wondering if there is another course I must take to be eligible or is that sufficient. Also if it is not what might I need to take or make it easier to obtain the permit?

Thanks!

You said FID basic gun safety course, make sure that course is valid for a LTC. Look right on your state police certificate it should say right on it. If it says valid for LTC you're good to go.

Tried to make appointment for my sister in Quincy for pepper spray FID. She doesn't want to be a gun owner yet. Earliest appointment is July. Even Cambridge is a walk-in affair; they even have late hours on some evenings.

Tried to make appointment for my sister in Quincy for pepper spray FID. She doesn't want to be a gun owner yet. Earliest appointment is July. Even Cambridge is a walk-in affair; they even have late hours on some evenings.

Tell your sister to apply for a LTC.

There is NO REQUIREMENT to actually buy a Firearm !

She can then buy Pepper Spray, or, in time, if she changes her mind, a real gun.

This is the ironic thing about MA - many people like your sister would be far more comfortable with a Less-than-Lethal option, yet the very effective Taser cannot be owned by any private citizen in MA.

Why ?

Tell your sister to apply for a LTC.

There is NO REQUIREMENT to actually buy a Firearm !

She can then buy Pepper Spray, or, in time, if she changes her mind, a real gun.

This is the ironic thing about MA - many people like your sister would be far more comfortable with a Less-than-Lethal option, yet the very effective Taser cannot be owned by any private citizen in MA.

Why ?

I've already discussed the LTC option. She's looking at the $25 vs $100 application fee balanced with the probability that she will ever carry a firearm. She chooses pepper spray for now.

Baby steps. I do feel better that she is considering pepper spray at least.

Now gotta wait 6 months before she "earns" the right to protect herself.

Well...finally..after almost 7 months, I picked up my LTC A no restrictions. Everett. "Must be like Christmas for you." Said one of the officers at the desk. Certainly is.

Well...finally..after almost 7 months, I picked up my LTC A no restrictions. Everett. "Must be like Christmas for you." Said one of the officers at the desk. Certainly is.
Congrats! I'd wait 7 months if I was assured of no restrictions. Kidding of course, as we shouldn't be waiting a day over 40 days. But I am sure after waiting so long, the no restrictions sure feels like a bonus. Cheers.

Congrats brother, always remember at least it wasn't 13 months. Hopefully things will be changing in everett with the law suit and media coverage

Andre

Just called again in Chicopee, 28 days since interview and the police department still has the application. Also the lady told me the state is taking around 2 weeks to get licenses out once they get the application, so if anyone is having delays you know its the city's fault.

Last edited:
Natick
Submitted application, had interview and got fingerprinted 12/6
Received unrestricted LTC in the mail today 1/17

Given the current climate, I am extremely impressed with how efficient Natick PD was.

Natick
Submitted application, had interview and got fingerprinted 12/6
Received unrestricted LTC in the mail today 1/17

Given the current climate, I am extremely impressed with how efficient Natick PD was.

Extremely jealous, I doubt mine will even get sent to the state in that amount of time.

Hey all! New poster...I wanted to say I applied for an LTC with Woburn the first week of January...no word yet. I was told 7 weeks. They make you take a 17 question test about the 1998 guns laws as part of the application process. If you fail (<70%), you have to wait 3 months before applying again! Also, Woburn does NOT give out Class A Unrestricted unless you can prove you will be a victim of a crime or own a business. Tough city but I had no problems with the actual process. Everyone seemed nice and got fingerprinted right there. Hoping it comes soon before I am doomed to one purchase a month.

Yes, you have to take a test as part of the application process in Woburn. They provide you with a PDF about the 1998 gun laws you have to study it and pass to proceed. As mentioned, if you fail you can't apply again for 3 months!

I dropped off my application at Andover Police Department on Dec 5th and kept waiting and waiting for almost 7 weeks. Finally an officer called me today and set up a date for an interview this Friday (1/25). I have no idea what the interview will be like, any advice? Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom