How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Yes, you have to take a test as part of the application process in Woburn. They provide you with a PDF about the 1998 gun laws you have to study it and pass to proceed. As mentioned, if you fail you can't apply again for 3 months!

I have my appointment next Tuesday. Did you take the written test and can you provide me with any details?

called FRB again this morning and they told me that my license had been sent to the local PD on the 10th. So I called the PD and they said that it still hasn't come in yet ¬_¬ on day 106.

called FRB again this morning and they told me that my license had been sent to the local PD on the 10th. So I called the PD and they said that it still hasn't come in yet ¬_¬ on day 106.

I would be extremely helpful if people put what town they are from when they post in this thread....

I put in my application in Maynard on 1/14. Now the waiting game... The Sgt. put all the info into the system right there while I waited, and got all the fingerprinting done.

I would be extremely helpful if people put what town they are from when they post in this thread....

I put in my application in Maynard on 1/14. Now the waiting game... The Sgt. put all the info into the system right there while I waited, and got all the fingerprinting done.

Sorry; I'm in Amherst.

Quincy...99 days since being fingerprinted at the police station. Called FRB. They had received my application from Quincy (2 -1/2 months after my appointment) and I was told it would be 1-2 weeks. That was 3 weeks ago.....

SALEM

The Bad News:
Salem is RED. Getting a Class A Unrestricted is very difficult. The Licensing Officer, Sergeant Makros, made it very clear at my Interview that they are granted rarely, with one of the exceptions being when a LTC is required by an Employer.

The Good News: Salem is very efficient. Expect the initial Interview to be scheduled one month away, not two, three, or six, as others have reported in other cities and towns. The LO will input all your info into the computer during your Interview. The LO will take your photo digitally; no need to bring Passport Photos. Cash is ok for the Application Fee. Fingerprints will be taken at the same time. The forms are right on the Salem PD Web Site. Do your homework; fill them out completely and HONESTLY. If your Employer is requiring your LTC, bring a letter from them to that effect. Make certain you bring all your documents or there will be delays. You will receive whatever the PD decides is appropriate exactly 40 days from the Interview. I would advise you not to contact the LO before then - it will not help.

Conclusion: The advice and statements made here are purely my personal experience. Your experience may be different. I received my LTC A, required by my Employer, exactly 40 days from the Interview.

Last edited:
I have my appointment next Tuesday. Did you take the written test and can you provide me with any details?
The test is pretty straightforward, just download the gun laws pdf from the city of woburn website.just read it a few times and you should be good to go. It is multiple choice, just take your time reading the questions.

I dropped off my application at Andover Police Department on Dec 5th and kept waiting and waiting for almost 7 weeks. Finally an officer called me today and set up a date for an interview this Friday (1/25). I have no idea what the interview will be like, any advice? Thank you!

You have a private message.

Anybody have any recent success in North Reading? I spoke with a guy who is up for renewal in Feb, and is not getting return phone calls from the PD for an appointment. He is scared he will go past his 90 day grace period.

I was originally issued my LTC A in gloucester, got it less than 2 weeks after I applied for it. I have recently moved to Salem and am wondering if the PD can downgrade my Class A when my Lisence expires. Anyone know the details?

Arlington MA, 50 days from start to finish. LTC Class A Unrestricted. Which is soooo surprising since this town is so Liberal. Guess thr CoP has a good head on his shoulders.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Arlington MA, 50 days from start to finish. LTC Class A Unrestricted. Which is soooo surprising since this town is so Liberal. Guess thr CoP has a good head on his shoulders.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

In the waiting process for Arlington right now. 21 days so far. Was yours through Sgt Kiernan or the previous Firearms Sgt?

Methuen, MA

Mass Firearms Class 11/20/12
Dropped off application to PD 11/26/12
Interview and prints 12/3/12
Check cashed 1/4/13
Date of issue 1/15/13
Picked up today 1/25/13
LTC A- Restrictions None

After hearing some of the horror stories from other towns, I would like to thank the Methuen PD. The process was easy. The entire staff at the PD was courteous and professional.
I'm sure I would have had my license even sooner if not for the Holidays.
They even gave my son a sticker badge when we picked it up together.

As we were leaving the station I explained to my son that the good guys need guns to protect us from the bad guys. He agreed but then said "Dad, all a bad guy has to do to be a good guy is to be nice to people. Then everyone in the world would be a good guy"

I wish it were that easy. You have to love a child's optimism. But now his Dad can protect him even better.

Time to go Shopping!!

Back
Top Bottom