How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Took my NRA course on 01/19
Application, Finger Prints at Hanson PD on 01/26
Expect to get Class A with no restrictions in 6-8 weeks

You might be looking more at 8-10 weeks. I am in week 8. Started december 13th 2012. The day before the World changed! Good luck!!!!!

Gave the LO a call this morning, said he just got a packet of them last night- he checked and mine was in there! going down to pick it up in a little bit, will report back about any restrictions etc.

Update:

LTC-A no restrictions issued 1/8/13

Last edited:
anyone know about getting a denial turned around with a laywer i got denied because of a past driving history which i havent had a vioklation in 4years

- - - Updated - - -

anyone know about getting a denial turned around with a laywer i got denied because of a past driving history which i havent had a vioklation in 4years

I'm not a lawyer, so take this for what it's worth.

Appealing an LTC denial is dependent on the reason for which you were denied. If you were denied because you weren't deemed "suitable in the eyes of the chief" then you can file an appeal. To begin the process you'd need to petition the FLRB. You can find the documentation here:

http://www.goal.org/Documents/Petition and Instruction Letter1.pdf

Keep in mind that if your driving history contains an OUI or a felony resulting from any such incident that you're permanently ineligible. But since I don't know your exact situation, I can't comment further.

tjgx46, you are confusing the reason for denial and the mechanism for relief.

"Suitability" denials (which this sounds like) can only be appealed in District Court, and I advise use of an attorney for this.

Statutory denials that meet FLRB jurisdiction (very short list) are appealed to the FLRB. They can't help if suitability was the reason.

As of tomorrow, the wife is 13 weeks waiting in Lynn. Very green city, but as of last Monday, app was still on the lieutenant's desk. Backlogged much?

Hey Pal, have you actually spoken to the LO? have you called frb 617-660-4722 and they will give you an update on the last imput in your application. 13 weeks is awful, the system is really unfair. I spoke with my LO the other night, and told him I am at week 7, and he got a little upset and said, well I told you 8-10 weeks and we are not there yet. So I asked if anything has come back from the state police and he said, don't know could be back but I am busy now. So be Patient That was his anwser!!!! NO CRIMMINAL BACKGROUND whatso ever on my record , Former MP, Current 18 year Firefighter. Small bussiness owner!!!

Hey Pal, have you actually spoken to the LO? have you called frb 617-660-4722 and they will give you an update on the last imput in your application. 13 weeks is awful, the system is really unfair. I spoke with my LO the other night, and told him I am at week 7, and he got a little upset and said, well I told you 8-10 weeks and we are not there yet. So I asked if anything has come back from the state police and he said, don't know could be back but I am busy now. So be Patient That was his anwser!!!! NO CRIMMINAL BACKGROUND whatso ever on my record , Former MP, Current 18 year Firefighter. Small bussiness owner!!!

I have her calling weekly at this point. The furthest she gets on the phone is the woman who does the processing. She tells me that the woman told her that when she inquires on anyone, she only gets the same response from the lieutenant. "I'll get to them when I get to them!"
She is expecting an A with no restrictions, same as mine, so she's just waiting patiently ( not really. She's pissed, but doesn't want to push it. )

Sent from my .gov tracking device

I have her calling weekly at this point. The furthest she gets on the phone is the woman who does the processing. She tells me that the woman told her that when she inquires on anyone, she only gets the same response from the lieutenant. "I'll get to them when I get to them!"
She is expecting an A with no restrictions, same as mine, so she's just waiting patiently ( not really. She's pissed, but doesn't want to push it. )

Sent from my .gov tracking device

hahahahahaha I am with her!!!! I am PISSED also weeks wtf! Its computerized if you owed them MONEY it wouldn't take them 8 weeks to find you!@!!!! hahahahah tell her she is not alone!!!!! Good luck Buddy, I am just sitting at my computer watching the last of the ,Handguns,Rifles and Ammo pass us by!!!!!!!!!hahahahahahah

Yes, that's when he told me expect 12 weeks. I was in and out in 15 minutes. Very painless process and he was certainly nice enough. I'm just impatient and want to go shopping.

Same here. Zero patience. Find a store or 2 that will let you pay in advance and hold some new toys until your card shows up.

Same here. Zero patience. Find a store or 2 that will let you pay in advance and hold some new toys until your card shows up.

Thanks, that's a great idea. Never thought of that.

On a side note, does anyone know the story behind Andover going from red to green?

A few years ago they required a doctors note and made you jump through all sorts of hoops to get your LTC.
It looks like that has changed, and there is a new Chief too. Many people who have applied since has gotten nothing but LTC-A unrestricted.

I know of a few people who had restrictions that has even gotten their previous restrictions lifted with the new chief.

Ah, OK. Sounds like the red thing goes back a long ways then. The chief's been the same for a long time.

I was thinking the doctors note thing prompted a lawsuit or something.

Went to the interview at December 16,2012, Billerica PD. Today is February 4... Still waiting. called to police several time - mo answer. have no idea what's going on, no letters, no phone calls....

Went to the interview at December 16,2012, Billerica PD. Today is February 4... Still waiting. called to police several time - mo answer. have no idea what's going on, no letters, no phone calls....

I went on dec 13th, same thing here buddy!!!! Frb does not have it and when they do finally get it, it takes them upto two weeks, then gets mailed back to local pd, then when hes ready to mail it out to me. So 8-10 weeks?! Don't think so maybe 10-15 weeks

Oh man. These examples are going to give me an ulcer. My better half and I are on our 3rd week and i am starting to wonder. They told us we are all set but why is it taking 3 weeks for a background check? They inputted our apps in the computer, cashed our checks but the chelsea says they are still doing backgrounds. Naw. Not buying that it takes that long. (Unless someone here says otherwise) Should i be concerned that we left no paperwork at the station? We left with our hand written apps and a copy of what the (real nice) officer inputted into the computer. I am only scepticle because the last time i had an ltc, it took 2 weeks start to finish.

well, seems like it will take some time to get your LTC. But... I just called the following number and nice lady told me that they need to review my application, G-d knows what it means. So will call them again in a week or so... Like I said, I went through the interview at December 16, 2012, Billerica, MA

FIREARM APPLICATION STATUS INFO

You can now retrieve the status of the firearms license application you’ve submitted to your local police department through the DCJIS by calling (617) 660-4722 during the normal business hours of Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.

The following information is required:
• Name
• Date of birth
• Active LTC, FID card, or machine gun license number
• Driver’s license number (for identity verification)

*Cross posted from another thread*

After the licensing officer clicks "approved" in MIRCS, approximately how long should it realistically take for the FRB to review and print? I called 3 weeks ago to get a status update and the woman told me the FRB just received my application and it'll take up to 2 weeks to review/print and then will be mailed to my PD. Called again this afternoon and was told it's still being reviewed. Is anyone experiencing delays at the FRB such as this? I'm starting to get nervous here...

Oh man. These examples are going to give me an ulcer. My better half and I are on our 3rd week and i am starting to wonder. They told us we are all set but why is it taking 3 weeks for a background check? They inputted our apps in the computer, cashed our checks but the chelsea says they are still doing backgrounds. Naw. Not buying that it takes that long. (Unless someone here says otherwise) Should i be concerned that we left no paperwork at the station? We left with our hand written apps and a copy of what the (real nice) officer inputted into the computer. I am only scepticle because the last time i had an ltc, it took 2 weeks start to finish.
the stae has had lay off( i heard) and its taking for ever.I went 4 months ago and just found out I was approved last mondya but am waiting for the licence itself to come.

*Cross posted from another thread*

After the licensing officer clicks "approved" in MIRCS, approximately how long should it realistically take for the FRB to review and print? I called 3 weeks ago to get a status update and the woman told me the FRB just received my application and it'll take up to 2 weeks to review/print and then will be mailed to my PD. Called again this afternoon and was told it's still being reviewed. Is anyone experiencing delays at the FRB such as this? I'm starting to get nervous here...

When did you put you application in with local pd? They start the process and asking for your background checks through the state police, also they do a mental health historry check, they check your references, then review it all and then they click approve and send it to FRB, then they review all and print lic. Then send it back to local pd

Back
Top Bottom