How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

You should be getting close! I am at 8 weeks also. FRB does not have my "Approval" yet still at local pd. good luck buddy

When did you put you application in with local pd? They start the process and asking for your background checks through the state police, also they do a mental health historry check, they check your references, then review it all and then they click approve and send it to FRB, then they review all and print lic. Then send it back to local pd

Not trying to be a dink here but, did you read what I wrote? When I submitted my app to the PD is irrelevant here. My application has been approved by the LO and is in the hands of the FRB. My question is what's the current timeframe new applicants are experiencing with the FRB review/print part of the process.

Im in Millbury, just got home from the PD and I have to say it went better than I expected.

The Secretary that handles the Fireams Licensing was extremely friendly and helpful, she entered all of the information VIA computer and took digital fingerprints, she even said she would talk to the chief personally about a CWOF from my past, and that she didnt think it would be a problem. She told me 3-4 weeks and my License should come directly in the mail to my house.

All said and done it was a very enjoyable and friendly experience, I will post again when I actually get my LTC (Keeping my fingers crossed!!)

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
Just called frb they got my app yesterday, 8 weeks exactly, now 2 more weeks for approval and printing , then back to local pd, then to me. 3 more weeks?????

Droppedoff husband's renewal on 12/14. He went in for prints and photo on 12/28. On 1/22 he inquired and they state the PD was waiting for background check to finish. COP signed off approval on 1/24. Called FRB today State says they got it on 1/28. It is 'pending' and should be done 2 weeks from when they got it (2/11). We will see.

- - - Updated - - -

Droppedoff husband's renewal on 12/14. He went in for prints and photo on 12/28. On 1/22 he inquired and they state the PD was waiting for background check to finish. COP signed off approval on 1/24. Called FRB today State says they got it on 1/28. It is 'pending' and should be done 2 weeks from when they got it (2/11). We will see.

Beverly. Called first week of September for appt. Got appt Nov 5th. Went in computer crashed. Back Nov 6th. Finally LTC-ALP 2/4. Sidenote, called FRB and found out the state mailed it at one point so it was at PD for 5 weeks to create the PIN....

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

- - - Updated - - -

Today is 8 weeks. 56 days. Looks like our CoP is dragging it for 60 days+

Went for my interview in Pitts on Wednesday. Lady who fingerprinted and interviewed was maybe the nicest person I've met, very smart and knew all the laws and had her book ready in case I had any questions. Said it could take up to 3 months and showed me the pile of approved applications that she was waiting on the hard copy for.

Dropped my application off and it took 2 weeks to get a phone call to schedule interview. But after seeing the piles of applications she has, I now understand why it takes so long.

Last edited:
Went for my interview in Pitts on Wednesday. Lady who fingerprinted and interviewed was maybe the nicest person I've met, very smart and knew all the laws and had her book ready in case I had any questions. Said it could take up to 3 months and showed me the pile of approved applications that she was waiting on the hard copy for.

Dropped my application off and it took 2 weeks to get a phone call to schedule interview. But after seeing the piles of applications she has, I now understand why it takes so long.

It wouldn't take so long, if they didn't sit on them so long and let them pile up like that. Really no excuse for the PDs that are habitual offenders!

It wouldn't take so long, if they didn't sit on them so long and let them pile up like that. Really no excuse for the PDs that are habitual offenders!
agreed
i did the prints and pics on 12/26
called the # listed here yesterday and was told the lpd has not done any action on it since 12/28 !!!!

the really irritating part is that they can sit on them knowing they maybe will only get a slap on the wrist or nothing at all

agreed
i did the prints and pics on 12/26
called the # listed here yesterday and was told the lpd has not done any action on it since 12/28 !!!!

2 whole days and not a single thing had been done?! Oh, the humanity!

Sorry, but you're in for a long ride if you consider a couple days of inactivity aggravating. Buckle up!

Not sure how this was PD's fault? The pile I saw, she stated were approved, that she was waiting for the cards to show up so she could mail them to their owner.

Not sure how this was PD's fault? The pile I saw, she stated were approved, that she was waiting for the cards to show up so she could mail them to their owner.

What you saw was at least a months worth, maybe much more. If they submitted them weekly, and opened their return mail once in a while, they wouldn't be backed up like this. Pure laziness, despite their warmth and pleasantness.

Does anyone think that they allow them to pile up and send them in batches to cut cost?
There has to be a reason why they sit in piles for long periods of time.

What you saw was at least a months worth, maybe much more. If they submitted them weekly, and opened their return mail once in a while, they wouldn't be backed up like this. Pure laziness, despite their warmth and pleasantness.

Still not understanding how this is her fault? I dropped my application off Jan 22nd in the late afternoon. Within a few days I received a phone call for my appointment, I was offered one earlier in the first week of Feb, but I chose the 6th.

The pile I speak of, she explained to me, was APPROVED applications that she was waiting on cards for...how is that being lazy?

She filled out a separate application to mine as she interviewed me, took my license, finger printed me & then talked about various license related things. I may have the sequence wrong, but she said from that day, my prints would be sent off, my application sent to state police, while this is occurring, she would run 8 background checks, forward the results to state police and request a card.

Still not understanding how this is her fault? I dropped my application off Jan 22nd in the late afternoon. Within a few days I received a phone call for my appointment, I was offered one earlier in the first week of Feb, but I chose the 6th.

The pile I speak of, she explained to me, was APPROVED applications that she was waiting on cards for...how is that being lazy?

She filled out a separate application to mine as she interviewed me, took my license, finger printed me & then talked about various license related things. I may have the sequence wrong, but she said from that day, my prints would be sent off, my application sent to state police, while this is occurring, she would run 8 background checks, forward the results to state police and request a card.

Might not be her fault personally, but there are people in this state that get their licenses in 3-4 weeks, which proves what is possible, when they get the lead out. Anything beyond that is the PD's fault. In some cases it is laziness, contempt for gun owners, or just inefficiency. The police and state want guns licensed before purchase? They set a 40 day limit to get licenses out and cannot meet the demand. Fix it, or drop the license to own like most every other state.

It took 3 months in Ludlow. Applied 11-8-12. I got a call on 2-7-13 to make an appointment for an interview. Called today for appointment; told to come in at 2PM. Walked out with LTC-A, no restrictions.

Back
Top Bottom