How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Hey if my particular town is known to have a 3-4 week turn around time, is it normal for the town to sometimes not cash your $100 check for up to a month?

I wonder if it's at all possible to end up getting my license before they even get around to cashing the check...

Just wondering if this ever happens in towns that are 3-4 weeks?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

They cashed my checks after the fact in my town.

Cool, thanks for the response!

That's exactly what i was curious about, my town is usually slow when cashing any kind of check (except taxes lol)

But from everything I've heard, in Millbury you can usually get you're LTC in the mail around 3-4 weeks

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Full Process in Chicopee :

12/20 - Interview and prints, same day appointment
1/29 - Application approved and recieved by the FRB
2/4 - License printed and ready for delivery
2/19 - Call for pickup

Total - 61 days from interview

Will report on restrictions tomorrow, but there's about a 99% chance it will be Sporting.

EDIT :

Restrictions are indeed sporting

Last edited:
My wife and I just recently received our unrestricted LTCs in Uxbridge as 1st time applicants. We each dealt with different LOs. We found both to be quite cordial and professional during our meeting and forthright and honest WRT to the whole process. Other than the waiting, it was a pleasurable experience.

Time line for myself:

Submitted application: Dec 10th

Interview/prints: Dec 16th

License printed/issued: Feb 7th

Available for pick-up: Feb 14th

Total = 66 days from submission of app

Time line for wifey:

Submitted application: Nov 16th

Interview/prints: Nov 24th

License printed/issued: Dec 27th

Available for pick-up: Jan 4th

Total = 49 days from submission of app

Application and fingerprinted :12-13-12
Check cashed 1-14-13
frb receives application 2-05-13
called frb today, printed and sent to local pd 2-11-13
still waiting!!!!!!!

stoughton

Last edited:
Im in clinton MA and my friends father just got his today. It was 9 weeks almost to the day since his application. Guess I can keep waiting for another month. hopefully only a month. Too bad my dad got his renewed in 2 weeks last year somehow.

Got the call tonight that the LTC is ready to be picked up. 12/22/12 application, prints and interview; 1/28/13 received by FRB; 2/15/13 activated & printed. Winthrop is the town, hoping for no restrictions. Now if the state would get me my tax refund i could go shopping!

Any word on the wait time in Rehoboth? I'm going in for my first LTC-A application this upcoming week. I was told by a friend that Rehoboth gives out almost exclusively LTC-A's, as apposed LTC-B's or FID's. I know it's a very "green" town, I just don't want to be waiting until summer time to start carrying.

Just because you live in a green town, doesn't necessarily mean you won't wait months for your LTC.
The list was made to determine which towns gave out restrictions and which towns historically doesn't.

Awaiting my LTC in Framingham. Application/Prints 1-3-2013. FingerPrints done ONLY on Thursdays...and my travel schedule makes me out-of-state most of the time on Thurs...so it took me about 3 extra weeks in the process just to arrange a day I was home for prints (btw, no interview required in Framingham. It is all a paperwork procedure).
Called FRB for status on 2-12 and they said in was in background check with PD. Called PD, and person bitched a bit cause I called FRB and said my information was marked as 'locked' because I called FRB....said always called local PD 1st (I don't see why that would lock my account). He then checked his pile and found he just got my FP results the day earlier. Sooooo, will see when it finished. Like you, PD said process was running 8-10 weeks.

Framingham - GF got her unrestricted LTC recently. Dropped it off in in early Dec so ~ 10 weeks. The office hours are extremely inconvenient if you have a normal job and it's often closed without notice.

Wait... they locked your account because you called to check the status? What does "locked" even mean? I've called the FRB a a few times to check on things. I don't understand why this should have negative implications...

Activated and mailed to the local PD on the 19[SUP]th[/SUP]. Just because I was hoping to have it before the hunting – fishing show this weekend, I called and checked with the PD but it had not arrived. She said she would call if it got in today (nice lady).

James

SOOOOOOO frustrated!!!!! ok guys I know that we all have to put in our "time" waiting for Ltc-A But what the ****!!!!!!! application, prints, check, done 12/13/2012!!! Frb recs it 2/5/2013, Mails it out to PD on 2/11/2013, waited til today!!!!! Feb 22nd, TEN WEEKS!!!! no LTC-A ?????????? Just called local PD, Left message AGAIN!!!!!!

local pd said 8-10 weeks you will have it. Then they tell me oh, we will mail it when we get it. This i don't get, I am two mins from the police station. I could save them the $1.50 for the envelope and the stamp. Seems like they are in no hurry to get it out to me. when I callled today I got a dispatcher who said: the lt is very good at his job.... Why would he hold your licensce? i asked : who said anything about holding it? is it in? that got me nowhere!!!!! hahahahaha more bullshit....this just sucks waiting for a licensce that can be background checked, printed and mailed in a matter of a few days!!!!

Two months????????????/ no wonder why people are upset. ugggghhhhhh!!!!!!!

SOOOOOOO frustrated!!!!! ok guys I know that we all have to put in our "time" waiting for Ltc-A But what the ****!!!!!!! application, prints, check, done 12/13/2012!!! Frb recs it 2/5/2013, Mails it out to PD on 2/11/2013, waited til today!!!!! Feb 22nd, TEN WEEKS!!!! no LTC-A ?????????? Just called local PD, Left message AGAIN!!!!!!

local pd said 8-10 weeks you will have it. Then they tell me oh, we will mail it when we get it. This i don't get, I am two mins from the police station. I could save them the $1.50 for the envelope and the stamp. Seems like they are in no hurry to get it out to me. when I callled today I got a dispatcher who said: the lt is very good at his job.... Why would he hold your licensce? i asked : who said anything about holding it? is it in? that got me nowhere!!!!! hahahahaha more bullshit....this just sucks waiting for a licensce that can be background checked, printed and mailed in a matter of a few days!!!!

Jake, I had my interview in Attleboro November 4th...STILL no LTC. They told me another 2 weeks today. 110 days, 2 days shy of 16 weeks and still waiting..

The LA told you it would be 10 weeks and youre just now at 10 weeks but you've been whinin' since week 6. Everyone knows how tortuous the wait Is but i think you may be doing more harm than good. Your License is Probably right in the top drawer of his desk but every time you call and complain, they hold it another week.

Okay, so I went into the Rehoboth PD yesterday, got my picture taken and information sent out - but their finger print scanner was down so the lady said she'd call me next week when it's up and running. She said to be prepared for an easy 3 month wait time. Well at least I can start buying summer shorts with an extra 2" on the waistline in the interim.

Okay, so I went into the Rehoboth PD yesterday, got my picture taken and information sent out - but their finger print scanner was down so the lady said she'd call me next week when it's up and running. She said to be prepared for an easy 3 month wait time. Well at least I can start buying summer shorts with an extra 2" on the waistline in the interim.

This happened to me when I went for my interview in Chicopee, but the LO just had me do my prints the old fashioned way, ink and the print card.

I completed my application back in December in a green town. A guy I applied with checked w/ the FRB & PD, said we are within a week or two from receiving our LTC's. Demand is not just high for permits & firearms, it is unprecedented. A year ago you could walk into pretty much any GS and if they didn't have what you wanted, they could get it in short order. Now even the distributors & manufacturers can't even estimate when they can meet demand. Remember when Ruger had to stop accepting orders last March? Now some manufacturers are sending out very small shipments to many retailers instead of just huge shipments to a few huge retailers to make things more equitable for us consumers. Go right now and ask for your preferred brand 1911. See what happens. So I have to ask, how many postings & emails & phone calls have you made to S & W, Ruger & Sig complaing about this issue? Why target our local PD's with all this complaining? I'm pretty happy that my local PD's highest priority is to research and implement all the best practices to serve & protect. They will be at my door in 4 minutes or less for a 911 call. I don't care how long it takes them to clear this bureaucratic paperwork off their desks. If I wanted my permit a month sooner, I should have applied a month sooner.

They will be at my door in 4 minutes or less for a 911 call. I don't care how long it takes them to clear this bureaucratic paperwork off their desks. If I wanted my permit a month sooner, I should have applied a month sooner.

I would bet that in the vast majority of cases the guy working on the LTC apps is not the same guy that shows up at your house in a cruiser. There is no reason they can't do both with an acceptable service level. If some people are getting their LTC in 3 weeks, and some take 16 weeks, that is a problem.

I would bet that in the vast majority of cases the guy working on the LTC apps is not the same guy that shows up at your house in a cruiser. There is no reason they can't do both with an acceptable service level. If some people are getting their LTC in 3 weeks, and some take 16 weeks, that is a problem.

Well, in my town of about 30,000 citizens the PD operates on a budget of 4.9 mil. That has been carved to the bone, like everywhere else. You're right, the guy doing permits isn't out on patrol. However, there is more to a modern PD than guys driving around in cars. Many officers wear more than one hat. Like the Lt. who now handles permits. He holds about 12-16 hrs weekly when he does interviews, applications & general permit info. No assistant, no secretary. That's the face-to-face time with the public, then he has the paper-pushing associated with the permits. Some days he has people one after the other the whole session, sometimes he might get a little work done between people. But he still has his regular workload every week. That's the most affordable way the department worked out. There's no wiggle room there to accommodate this unprecedented demand. Now, if you want a different process or different regs, get on a corner and hold a sign. Find a way to get more resources into your PD. Lobby at the state level. You can always take the advice of Ronald Reagan & vote with your feet.

The bottom line is that PD's don't want to give up the power, and break the law they lobbied to put into action. Meet the 40 days or give up the power. You dont get to have it both ways. Give it to the state, and make it shall issue if you can't meet the demand.

If anyone else in Plainville is also waiting for a call to come in and do the interview, I called the PD and found out that their camera for taking LTC photos has been down for 2+ weeks. They just fixed it Thursday night (2/21). Not sure what that means for them "catching up".

Today is 8 weeks. 56 days. Looks like our CoP is dragging it for 60 days+

So amazingly I called the local PD on Thursday I believe and was told they hadn't seen the LTC for my husband come in yet. Then wouldn't you know it, it came in the very next day! How coincidental, yet again.

Back
Top Bottom