How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

WooHoo... Got the call this morning from local PD... LTC is in. I failed to ask about any restrictions. The bad news, is I can only pick it up M-F, and I am out of state til Friday Night, and then traveling again Sun-Thurs next week. I am not sure which is worse, knowing it is ready, but having to wait another 11 days cause of my own scheduled, or waiting week-to-week awaiting the process to complete with unknown results.

Summary: Framingham Application/Prints 1-3-2013, Fingerprint Check returned to LPD 2-11-2013. Call to pickup LTC on 2-25-2013.

Last edited:
WooHoo... Got the call this morning from local PD... LTC is in. I failed to ask about any restrictions. The bad news, is I can only pick it up M-F, and I am out of state til Friday Night, and then traveling again Sun-Thurs next week. I am not sure which is worse, knowing it is ready, but having to wait another 11 days cause of my own scheduled, or waiting week-to-week awaiting the process to complete with unknown results.

Summary: Framingham Application/Prints 1-3-2013, Fingerprint Check returned to LPD 2-11-2013. Call to pickup LTC on 2-25-2013.

They won't mail it out? Damn.

So amazingly I called the local PD on Thursday I believe and was told they hadn't seen the LTC for my husband come in yet. Then wouldn't you know it, it came in the very next day! How coincidental, yet again.

It may be a very fine line between a phone call that ticks off the LO enough to shove an application off to the side, and a phone call that reminds the LO that your time has come.

So glad to hear of your success !

It may be a very fine line between a phone call that ticks off the LO enough to shove an application off to the side, and a phone call that reminds the LO that your time has come.

So glad to hear of your success !

I just passed the 40 day mark. I'm afraid to call and ask where the application is...

Just passed week 7 in Woburn (they told me 7 weeks was the time period). Hoping soon! Went in on 1/4/13...

I should mention too...not sure if I should email for an update. Don't want them to think I'm too anxious. This is what sucks...have to wait and tip-toe around exercising a fundamental right. :(

I guess they shut down the Framingham PD on weekends? [shocked]

Seriously, explain your circumstances to your LO and ask if he/she would be kind enough to leave it for you at the Dispatch. That would give you 24x7 access to it.

There is no need to sit down with anyone to get your LTC, it's all done and ready to hand over. If they make a big production out of it, they are just being a PITA because they can!

Wishing you the best.

Got the call this morning LTC is ready to be picked up.
1/25/12 application, prints and interview
1/28/13 approved by FRB
2/14/13 check cashed
2/25/13 picked up Class A no restrictions.
Town Rockland

Got the call this morning LTC is ready to be picked up.
1/25/12 application, prints and interview
1/28/13 approved by FRB
2/14/13 check cashed
2/25/13 picked up Class A no restrictions.
Town Rockland
Waaaait a minute... is that a typo in the first date or did it really take a year for the FRB to get and process your application?

Time Line town of Arlington

11/09/2012: Submitted application
11/16/2012: Called and received interview date of 1/03/13
1/03/2013: Interview & prints
2/19/2013: License printed and issued
2/25/2013: Received call from PD and picked up LTC-A, restrictions: None

53 Days from interview to pick up call.

Submitted Application Nov. 2012
FRB Issued and mailed my license to local PD 2/25/2013

So about three months which included a bit of foot dragging on my part in scheduling my fingerprint appt.

I was issued Class A with no restrictions in Westford.

Today is 3 weeks since application and prints...was told it will be mailed directly to my house in 3-4 weeks so definitely getting excited!

Everyone I've talked to has waiting about a month, definitely feel fortunate to live in Millbury!

Keeping fingers crossed for No Restrictions!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I live in Leicester, MA, both my wife and I processed at the local PD on 1-5-13, fingerprints & interview. During our interview we were told 8 weeks was the process time due to the high volume of applications! This Saturday March 2nd will be 8 weeks! Here's hoping the 8 week timeline is accurate.

I got mine in 4 weeks to the day of applying in Salem Ma. Class A LTC but I have restrictions[sad]. My uncle waited 8 months in Everett Ma. which I guess the Chief of police is now in some trouble for.

In July 2012, I called for an interview and I did not get one until November. From the day I had my interview and submitted my application, it took 111 days to get my license.

Quincy, MA
Class A
Restrictions: None

Day 42. Week 6. Supposed green town. Still at pd per chelsea. I wonder if calling for status is actually screwing us. I sure hope not.

I have come to the conclusion that this is our own fault. If our local special intrest groups or the nra doesnt push to make "the system" a statewide one and not a local pd thing then this will never improve. I carried for 15 years and havent in about ten. it is WORSE now. Shame on me for letting mine expire but what a mess it is. I thought it was bad in the late 90's. Sheesh.

Thanks for the idea. I did calll the PD and the Records lady agreed to give it to Dispatch so I can get it Sat morning. They apparently used to mail out the LTC, but over time there were too many problems so they make it standard to pick it up in person and sign confirmation of receipt.
Going shopping on Sat/Sun depending on if there is inventory. Looking at a SR22 and a SR9c, but will be testing them 1st.

I guess they shut down the Framingham PD on weekends? [shocked]

Seriously, explain your circumstances to your LO and ask if he/she would be kind enough to leave it for you at the Dispatch. That would give you 24x7 access to it.

There is no need to sit down with anyone to get your LTC, it's all done and ready to hand over. If they make a big production out of it, they are just being a PITA because they can!

Wishing you the best.

Thanks for the idea. I did calll the PD and the Records lady agreed to give it to Dispatch so I can get it Sat morning. They apparently used to mail out the LTC, but over time there were too many problems so they make it standard to pick it up in person and sign confirmation of receipt.
Going shopping on Sat/Sun depending on if there is inventory. Looking at a SR22 and a SR9c, but will be testing them 1st.

[thumbsup]

Enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom