How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Finally got mine yesterday! Woburn...

1/4/13 - Interview and fingerprints
~2/15/13 - Check cashed
2/28/13 - LTC received in the mail (restricted to target and hunting)

So one day shy of 8 weeks from start to finish.

Woburn doesn't give unrestricted unless you own a business or can prove you'll be a victim of a future cime. :)

Only three weeks to the day...thats how it should be

Stop showing off.. [grin]

Finally got mine yesterday! Woburn...

1/4/13 - Interview and fingerprints
~2/15/13 - Check cashed
2/28/13 - LTC received in the mail (restricted to target and hunting)

So one day shy of 8 weeks from start to finish.

Woburn doesn't give unrestricted unless you own a business or can prove you'll be a victim of a future cime. :)

This seems to be the norm right now, thanks for sharing

Boston Renewal

12/17/12 interview/fingerprints
02/20/13 Date of issue
02/28/13 recieved in mail.........10 weeks

Last edited:
Just posted in the BPD thread as well.. Just walked out of headquarters with my LTC-A UNrestricted. Total elapsed time about 10 weeks.

I took the safety course in late Feb, I mailed the Plymouth, MA. clerk that night, she got back to me today with a date of early May for my LTC application interview, I am very bummed it is going to take so long, I mailed back saying I would take any cancellations or if I could get an earlier date, if I don't I figure it will be about August before I ever see my license.

Tim

Last edited:
I figure there is nothing I can do about it but wait, I was told the town was backed up when I signed up for the safety course, plus I don't want to make waves, it will give me time to do some good research and save a few more bucks for something nice.

Tim [grin]

I live in Leicester, MA, both my wife and I processed at the local PD on 1-5-13, fingerprints & interview. During our interview we were told 8 weeks was the process time due to the high volume of applications! This Saturday March 2nd will be 8 weeks! Here's hoping the 8 week timeline is accurate.

Today is 8 weeks since prints & processing and no e-mail from LPD stating licenses are in. Kinda sucks but I'm a realist :) I told my wife I bet were looking at 10 weeks or so to receive them. So unconstitutional but what can you do? Oh ya, wait!

No one has posted anything about S.Bridge, so I'll keep everyone updated on mine since I just started the process.
Went in Wednesday to schedule my interview. He told me Friday was good. I went back Fri morning, and the LO took my application info, photographed, printed me and submitted everything on the computer right there.
When I was leaving, he said he'd call me in a few weeks to pick it up.

NOW, just out of curiosity, who's call is it to deny someone? I was a pretty dumb kid in my early 20's and have a record inc a DUI. I am 39 now. I was completely honest with him, and listed everything I could think of on my application. He didn't really comment on anything I listed other than kind of laughing when he pulled up my CORI, and said he could tell exactly when I "grew up" because my record is clean after a certain point. It's been spotless for over 15 yrs.

Last edited:
I dropped my application, Printed, and Photo October 10th 2012 in Ayer MA. LTC "A" no restrictions issued February 5th 2013. So almost 18 weeks (125 days)

Thing was the state police didn't get my application until January because the local police department hadn't submitted the application to them by clicking the button.

Welcome to NES!

NOW, just out of curiosity, who's call is it to deny someone? I was a pretty dumb kid in my early 20's and have a record inc a DUI. I am 39 now.

The State will deny if statutorily disqualified.

The PD can deny for any reason, based on "suitability".

FYI, A MA DUI conviction after 5/26/94 would be statutorily dis-qualifier.

NOW, just out of curiosity, who's call is it to deny someone? I was a pretty dumb kid in my early 20's and have a record inc a DUI. I am 39 now. I was completely honest with him, and listed everything I could think of on my application. He didn't really comment on anything I listed other than kind of laughing when he pulled up my CORI, and said he could tell exactly when I "grew up" because my record is clean after a certain point. It's been spotless for over 15 yrs.

WRT to an LTC, you better hope that DUI was before May 26th of 1994 or it's a no go...ever. You could still get an FID, though.

Update on LTC

I live in Leicester, MA, both my wife and I processed at the local PD on 1-5-13, fingerprints & interview. During our interview we were told 8 weeks was the process time due to the high volume of applications! This Saturday March 2nd will be 8 weeks! Here's hoping the 8 week timeline is accurate.

Update: Called FRB this morning, lady I spoke with was very helpful and polite, not sure if this is do to the backlog of pissed off applicants or not but it was a welcomed change! Below is timeline of events as of today, 3-4-13.

1-5-13 Photographed, printed and processed electronically at local PD.
3-4-13 Called FRB and was informed they received my license on 2-28-13 and was approved. Now it's been placed into the print "queue" and will be sent back to the PD within 2-3 weeks After its been printed! Dam, that's one slow ass printer! So all in all looking at 10-11 weeks before I receive it.

Update: Well thank you to all who Hepled me get through the "Waiting period" finally received ltc-A no restrictions in Stoughton. 11 weeks from interview and prints! 2/28/13 one week tied up between mail and me! Thanks again for all your comments!!!!

Update: Well thank you to all who Hepled me get through the "Waiting period" finally received ltc-A no restrictions in Stoughton. 11 weeks from interview and prints! 2/28/13 one week tied up between mail and me! Thanks again for all your comments!!!!

Thanks for the update Jake22, it looks like I will be in the same timeframe as you! Happy shopping if you can find anything.

Hello all. New member. Submitted my application to the Duxbury police in early December. Was called and set an appointment for fingerprinting during the week before Christmas (no interview, just fingerprinting). The officer told me to expect to hear back in two to three months. I received a call last week informing me my LTC-A was in, and picked it up that day.

2 months Winthrop ma.license was sitting in police station for 3 weeks.had to call and ask the person who answered the phone to please check in what ever box they keep them in.class a unrestricted.winthrop is very good and staff are all good-especially the licensing officer.cant blame him that he's busy he is a good guy.he did do his job. Can't say the same for other city's and towns in mass.i have friends that can't even get in touch with their licensing officers.

Here's some REALLY interesting news from Quincy -

21 Quincy Officers Placed on Administrative Leave for Expired Permits

Title says it all.

The current wait to get your interview/application in Quincy is 6+ MONTHS. QPD blamed this wait on the demand for LTC bottlenecked by only having a single computer that processes LTC applications. They said they were trying to get another computer to help with the load. [rolleyes]

However, putting 21 officers on PAID leave doesn't seem to be a money problem. Oh, and somehow they manage to find the resources to get the QPD LTC's expedited.

Ridiculous.

Back
Top Bottom