How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Today marks 8 weeks in Boston, FRB status update: still at local PD waiting to be processed, I guess that means they haven't done my background test yet.

Today is 8 weeks since prints & processing and no e-mail from LPD stating licenses are in. Kinda sucks but I'm a realist :) I told my wife I bet were looking at 10 weeks or so to receive them. So unconstitutional but what can you do? Oh ya, wait!

Just a quick update to my situation: my wife and I processed at the PD the same day yet she received her's already and I haven't. I called the FRB and mine was mailed to the PD on 3-14 so I'd imagine I'll be seeing it next week t some point. Really no rhyme or reason the way these are processed. Good news, she got no restrictions which I figured we'd be getting as we're considered a "green" town.

Ayer, MA

1/08/2013 - Turned in application to PD
1/16/2013 - Photographed, fingerprinted at PD
2/20/2013 - Called FRB, status still in pending
2/27/2013 - Called FRB, status still in pending
3/05/2013 - Called FRB, status changed to approved, no restrictions
3/12/2013 - Received voice mail from PD to come and pick up license

9 weeks total wait time. I must say, my local PD was really great during the process.

Walpole, MA

Boston LTC-A (Target & Sport expired Nov. 2003)

1/12/13 - turned in application at PD
1/15/13 - photographed and printed
3/05/13 - LTC printed and mailed to local PD
3/15/13 - LTC-A (no restrictions) arrived in the mail

After a ~10 year hiatus...I'm baaack. [smile]

Wilmington, MA

Turned in application - 11/21
Interviewed/Prints - 12/17
FRB says still pending review at PD
Went to PD spoke with LO face to face, he says waiting on State Police Fingerprints.

Any advice on what else I can do. 90 days is gettin a little rediculous.

Last month the wife and I received our LTC As with no restrictions from the town of Uxbridge. From submission of application to license in hand, the process took 9 weeks for myself and 7 weeks for my wife.

Wilmington, MA

Turned in application - 11/21
Interviewed/Prints - 12/17
FRB says still pending review at PD
Went to PD spoke with LO face to face, he says waiting on State Police Fingerprints.

Any advice on what else I can do. 90 days is gettin a little rediculous.

This seems to be what is always holding up apps, assuming the LO has actually submitted the app for the checks. Makes no sense as to why some towns are getting the fingerprint checks back in a few weeks, while other towns are months and months to get results. Very frustrating.

18 weeks and still waiting for me. Interview and prints done 11/6, called the FRB and was told the PD still has it and it is still in the "draft" process. Afterwards called the PD and was told it would be a couple of more weeks, and that he would call me when he gets it in. That was last month..FML!

North Attleboro

12/30/12 Dropped off application, no appointment required
3/13/13 Picked it up No restrictions Yeehah!

Just called the FRB this morning, application has been approved and is just waiting to be activated and printed.

I live in Millbury which is typically 30-40 days, today is day: 42

It looks like I could potentially have my license by day # 56

Lol sucks considering a couple of people who applied the same day that I did in the same town, already got their license in hand but I'm still grateful that I live in a fairly efficient town.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Douglas, MA

1/20/13 - Dropped off paperwork to LO
1/27/13 - Had appointment with LO for prints and to finish paperwork.
3/4/13 - Called FRB and they told me it was mailed back to PD on Feb 20th.
3/16/13 - LO called me to come pick up my license.

LTC A no restrictions.

Update:

My interview took place 2/6. As of 3/19..

FRB: Your information was entered February 7th..and there has been no movement since.
Me: Okay...so...could they be waiting on background checks, DPM or fingerprints?
FRB: No, it looks like they only entered your data..and have yet to do anything with it.
Me: Sorry to ask stupid questions, but all they did was enter my data into the system?
FRB: Yes, that is how it appears to me

Is the FRB able to see how far along in the process your application is with the PD, prior to their review??

Burlington
(Renewal)

1/30/13 - Called to inquire about renewing (expire end of May but was scheduled to be out of the country for 6 weeks starting Feb 11), was told normally takes a week or two for an appointment but he had a slot open the next morning.
1/31/13 - Paid my fee and the Sgt. that handles the licenses processed the renewal online in about 25 minutes.
3/15/13 - Received new LTC in the mail, 42 days later (I never called FRB so I have no idea when it was processed, mailed to the PD, etc.)

FWIW I saw the Sgt's appointment calendar, and he had 8-10 people a day scheduled every day in Jan and Feb. He said that he was working a lot of overtime processing apps to make sure that people got their licenses back within the 40 day time frame. Just goes to show you that in towns that respect your rights and the law, they can still get it done in a timely fashion, even with only one person at the PD doing the work and slammed with apps.

3/15 - Submitted my app and printed at Boston PD headquarters
3/20 (today) - Passed Moon Island Test with a 282

They told me 12 weeks when I dropped off my app and I'm praying that it's sooner. I'm impatient and I want to make some purchases.

3/15 - Submitted my app and printed at Boston PD headquarters
3/20 (today) - Passed Moon Island Test with a 282

They told me 12 weeks when I dropped off my app and I'm praying that it's sooner. I'm impatient and I want to make some purchases.

Great score! I wish I could tell you the wait is not that long. I'm currently 9 weeks in waiting since I passed the moon island test and still nothing

Great score! I wish I could tell you the wait is not that long. I'm currently 9 weeks in waiting since I passed the moon island test and still nothing

Thanks! It was cold out there this morning (25) so I was a little surprised.
And hopefully you're not waiting much longer. The 12 week time frame they gave me puts me into June and that seems like torture.

Today marks 8 weeks in Boston, FRB status update: still at local PD waiting to be processed, I guess that means they haven't done my background test yet.

Just called FRB for an update and I was DENIED, have no ideas why and no reason to warrant a denial. I called BPD and was told I will get a later in the mail explaining my reason for denial. It is a sad day for me

Damn dude seriously? I'm sorry to hear that...if you don't mind my asking, did you have anything on your record? And of course did you answer question # 10 correctly on the application?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Just called FRB for an update and I was DENIED, have no ideas why and no reason to warrant a denial. I called BPD and was told I will get a later in the mail explaining my reason for denial. It is a sad day for me

I guess your post begs a few questions? Outright denial? Do you have a prior criminal record? Suitability issues? Were you truthful on the application? Overall I found the Boston process a bit bureaucratic, but otherwiswe straightfoward.

Rehoboth,

January 8th- interview, prints, photos etc.

March 8th- called FRB, LTC-A approved, waiting to be printed and mailed to PD.

March 11th- Called FRB, LTC-A was printed and mailed.

March 15- Called PD to check, huge mistake. All I did was annoy the secretary. Still checking the mail every day.

The bummer is I'm moving to Arizona in 10 days and if I don't have my LTC I have to pay shipping and transfer fees on a bunch of stuff :(

Damn dude seriously? I'm sorry to hear that...if you don't mind my asking, did you have anything on your record? And of course did you answer question # 10 correctly on the application?

its been so long, your going to have to refresh my memory on what question 10 is?

I guess your post begs a few questions? Outright denial? Do you have a prior criminal record? Suitability issues? Were you truthful on the application? Overall I found the Boston process a bit bureaucratic, but otherwiswe straightfoward.

Only thing on my record would be back in 2005 I was arrested for driving with a suspended license. That's us the only reason I can think of

Only thing on my record would be back in 2005 I was arrested for driving with a suspended license. That's us the only reason I can think of

Thats technically a criminal offense I believe and the chief has the ability to deny on suitability...I am no expert. So if you put "No" for 10 and he saw that he would maybe think you're trying to hide something?!?! Driving on a suspended is not a felony (?) so it wouldn't be auto DQ.

Did you answer yes to question #10?

If you were arrested back in 2005 , even for just a suspended license, and you went to court for that....you have to answer yes to question 10 or it's an automatic denial

They kinda try to trick people there a little

Back
Top Bottom