How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Did you answer yes to question #10?

If you were arrested back in 2005 , even for just a suspended license, and you went to court for that....you have to answer yes to question 10 or it's an automatic denial

They kinda try to trick people there a little

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Court appearances for non-DUI Registry offenses do not have to be listed on the application.

Really? I thought that was the case when i went in to apply... but then my chief told me an arrest for suspended license counted for question 10...sounds like they all got their facts messed up

just over 4 months for renew...
11/7 turned in form and paid the fee
12/27 prints and pics
3/5 issued
3/21 called to pick it up
wareham
past 35 yrs it only took a few weeks
she told me some people have waited 6 months and they have over 200 applications they are working on now.

Really? I thought that was the case when i went in to apply... but then my chief told me an arrest for suspended license counted for question 10...sounds like they all got their facts messed up

Facts have nothing to do with it, clearly the COP didn't like his name or the coffe was bad that morning or his wife is going through "the change" . Its a privilege not a right. Oh wait thats wrong its a right thats a privilege here in the PRM.

If you were arrested back in 2005 , even for just a suspended license, and you went to court for that....you have to answer yes to question 10...

Thats technically a criminal offense I believe...

Correct.

Court appearances for non-DUI Registry offenses do not have to be listed on the application.

This is a broad generalization that, at least in this case, is incorrect.

Operating after suspension (MGL 90-23) is a misdemeanor, and as such, Question #10 must be answered "Yes".

Rehoboth,

January 8th- interview, prints, photos etc.

March 8th- called FRB, LTC-A approved, waiting to be printed and mailed to PD.

March 11th- Called FRB, LTC-A was printed and mailed.

March 15- Called PD to check, huge mistake. All I did was annoy the secretary. Still checking the mail every day.

The bummer is I'm moving to Arizona in 10 days and if I don't have my LTC I have to pay shipping and transfer fees on a bunch of stuff :(

Update, it arrived in the mail today! 70 days door to door.

Correct.

This is a broad generalization that, at least in this case, is incorrect.

Operating after suspension (MGL 90-23) is a misdemeanor, and as such, Question #10 must be answered "Yes".

THIS, is absolutely correct.

My CORI report was 10 pages long, and I knew damn well I couldn't remember all of the dates, so I attached a copy to the application and answered "SEE ATTACHED CORI" as my Q#10 response.

The above charge? I had 2 of them.

You have to answer yes, it is a misdemeanor.

My CORI report was 10 pages long, and I knew damn well I couldn't remember all of the dates, so I attached a copy to the application and answered "SEE ATTACHED CORI" as my Q#10 response.

My next step is to apply for an appeal with FRB and pay the $100. Has anyone have any experience with a denial in Boston and attempt an appeal. Any helpful information is greatly appreciated.

My next step is to apply for an appeal with FRB and pay the $100. Has anyone have any experience with a denial in Boston and attempt an appeal. Any helpful information is greatly appreciated.

Your next step will depend on the reason for denial.

Suitability denials are appealed in district court...

MGL 140-131 said:
Any applicant or holder aggrieved by a denial, revocation or suspension of a license, unless a hearing has previously been held pursuant to chapter 209A, may, within either 90 days after receiving notice of such denial, revocation or suspension or within 90 days after the expiration of the time limit during which the licensing authority is required to respond to the applicant, file a petition to obtain judicial review in the district court having jurisdiction in the city or town wherein the applicant filed for, or was issued, such license. A justice of such court, after a hearing, may direct that a license be issued or reinstated to the petitioner if such justice finds that there was no reasonable ground for denying, suspending or revoking such license and that the petitioner is not prohibited by law from possessing same.

...while some, but not all, statutory denials can be appealed to the FLRB...

http://www.mass.gov/eopss/docs/chsb/firearms/flrb-petition-and-instruction-letter.pdf

Good luck to you.

Ashland -

6 weeks - still awaiting review at PD.
I heard it may take up to 17 weeks.

Ashland PD were cool.
I think only a couple of officers work the LTC apps...and I think they must be inundated with them.

Will give everyone an update when status changes.

Just a quick update to my situation: my wife and I processed at the PD the same day yet she received her's already and I haven't. I called the FRB and mine was mailed to the PD on 3-14 so I'd imagine I'll be seeing it next week t some point. Really no rhyme or reason the way these are processed. Good news, she got no restrictions which I figured we'd be getting as we're considered a "green" town.

My day has come! I received my LTC-A No restrictions on March 21st! [smile] Just under 11 weeks from the date we printed & processed. I've had friends who've processed recently and they're being told 12+ weeks!

Weston (Green Town)

Tuesday, January 12, 2013 - Interview, Photo & Prints taken.
told it would take 6-8 weeks. First time LTC application (had an FID card about 20-years ago, and I was still in the system).

almost 10-weeks, and still waiting. and FRB says it's still at the PD with background checks.

I read on the State's website that after 90-days it can be considered a rejection of your application, and you can appeal. But people seem to be waiting longer than that... Too many rumors and not enough communication. I called and spoke to the person that interviewed me 3 weeks ago, and she said it would be a few more weeks and 'Don't call us, we'll call you.'

Tony P.

Weston (Green Town)

Tuesday, January 12, 2013 - Interview, Photo & Prints taken.
told it would take 6-8 weeks. First time LTC application (had an FID card about 20-years ago, and I was still in the system).

almost 10-weeks, and still waiting. and FRB says it's still at the PD with background checks.

I read on the State's website that after 90-days it can be considered a rejection of your application, and you can appeal. But people seem to be waiting longer than that... Too many rumors and not enough communication. I called and spoke to the person that interviewed me 3 weeks ago, and she said it would be a few more weeks and 'Don't call us, we'll call you.'

Tony P.

Yup, the wait is ridiculous. I'm on week 13, and finally, the FRB said it is approved and being printed today or Monday and then mailed.

I got a print out of my CORI report and my response summary was " No Available Cori". I called to make sure this was valid. The lady at FRB used my social, birthday, name with and without middle initial and results the same. I explain to her about my arrest in 2005 and she said there was no record of it on file. So now I really wonder why I was denied?

That's absolutely ridiculous man...if nothing even shows up on your background check then wtf could the grounds for denial be?

I got a print out of my CORI report and my response summary was " No Available Cori". I called to make sure this was valid. The lady at FRB used my social, birthday, name with and without middle initial and results the same. I explain to her about my arrest in 2005 and she said there was no record of it on file. So now I really wonder why I was denied?

As I understand it, arrests appear on your BOP, which the PD checks as part of the process.

My time has come

Called for appointment 11/15
Appointment with Prints 1/10
License Arrived 3/23

Time from appointment to license 10 weeks and 2 days

LTC-A sporting restriction

As I understand it, arrests appear on your BOP, which the PD checks as part of the process.

Yes, your PD is given much more information than they give you with a simple CORI check. If you answered no to question 10, it will be tougher to appeal, as it appears you lied, no matter what bogus info you were given.

My cousin got his LTC today in Harvard;

01/05/13---Application Dropped off
01/16/13---Appointment for prints, photo etc.
03/24/13---LTC Picked up

Fairhaven, MA
1/5/13- Took safety course
1/7/13- Dropped off application
1/11/13- Went in for prints and pic
3/24/13- 72 days from prints and pic...STILL WAITING!!

Back
Top Bottom