How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Methuen

Jan. 25 - submitted application
Jan. 30 - LO called to schedule interview
Feb. 4 - Interviewed, photographed, finger printed
Mar. 1 - Fee check cashed
Apr. 2 - Called CJIS, still being reviewed by local PD. Left message for LO seeking update.

I think during the interview the LO mentioned 8-10 weeks, and and I just started week9 (I think) but assuming the LO approves me in MIRCS today, how long does the FRB review take? Is it a cursory glance or do they go back over my application and the PD's review with a fine tooth comb?

Oh well, at 9 weeks I can't really complain...yet.

update on methuen:

1. application mailed mar 5th
2. methuen pd called to schedule appointment mar 8th- date set for mar 15th
3. went in to interview this morning- absolutely painless. picture and prints taken, signed printed application, was in and out in about 20 minutes. officer said it will take "8-10 weeks, maybe longer" to get LTC paperwork through, approved and permit sent back to methuen pd for pick up"

the waiting game begins

yeah the officer who handles the licensing is super nice. I interviewed like a week after i dropped off my application. just started my 9th week of waiting. called the CJIS today and they said it's still being reviewed. though from reading this, there's a number of other choke points that could slow it up aside from increased demand and general bureaucratic nonsense.

Methuen

Jan. 25 - submitted application
Jan. 30 - LO called to schedule interview
Feb. 4 - Interviewed, photographed, finger printed
Mar. 1 - Fee check cashed
Apr. 2 - Called CJIS, still being reviewed by local PD. Left message for LO seeking update.

I think during the interview the LO mentioned 8-10 weeks, and and I just started week9 (I think) but assuming the LO approves me in MIRCS today, how long does the FRB review take? Is it a cursory glance or do they go back over my application and the PD's review with a fine tooth comb?

Oh well, at 9 weeks I can't really complain...yet.

FRB states 2 weeks from being approved within MIRCS to review/print. My application was approved in MIRCS by PD on 3/11 and for an eligibility issue it was sent back to PD for review on 3/29...so 3 weeks.

*LO re-submitted my application with Cori included so lets hope 3 weeks form now I'll have LTC-A in hand.

holy smokes theres some waiting going on. I interviewed today with fingerprints paid and got my printed copy of app. 4/2/13 told me to call in 3 months and said it probably wouldn't be there by then. :( so let the waiting begin and cant wait to see my restrictions:( I live in a red city

Update:

Weston (Green Town)
Tuesday, January 12, 2013 - Interview, Photo & Prints taken.
First time LTC application (had an FID card about 20-years ago, and I was still in the system).
Wednesday, March 27, called FRB and told that it was approved, printed, and mailed out Today.
Tuesday, April 02, PD called, ready for pick-up.

11-Weeks (77 Days) - Class A, no restrictions

Tony P.

Update:

My interview took place 2/6. As of 3/19..

FRB: Your information was entered February 7th..and there has been no movement since.
Me: Okay...so...could they be waiting on background checks, DPM or fingerprints?
FRB: No, it looks like they only entered your data..and have yet to do anything with it.
Me: Sorry to ask stupid questions, but all they did was enter my data into the system?
FRB: Yes, that is how it appears to me

Is the FRB able to see how far along in the process your application is with the PD, prior to their review??

Small update to my status. Upon further research, I learned a driving citation I had years ago was considered a criminal offense. I can't recall if I appeared in front of a magistrate or judge, but I was given a CWOF. I did not list this on my application for question 10 - we had discussed it during my interview and was told not to worry...but I still worried. I made a phone call to the PD yesterday, mentioned I may not have properly disclosed things on my application and would like to modify it, I was told not to worry about it, if something comes back, she will handle it for me and make the appropriate change on my application plus notify me as to where my appearance was & how to handle it for future renewals. This process seems to be taking a long time, but I am very pleased with how I have been treated.

Submitted application/took fingerprints/interviewed: 3/10/13
Recieved Class A Unrestricted: 4/2/13
Malden , MA

how can some get them in under 30 days. I dont see how this is possible. Maybe his PD does their job correctly and all of ours totally suck at their job. Ive herd the state is backed up all sorts of reasons why it takes so long then you see one of these in under 30 days. Makes absolutely no sense at all. Im officially pissed now. Anyway congrats im totally jealous. starting week 10 now and still waiting. THIS STATE SUCKS!

how can some get them in under 30 days. I dont see how this is possible. Maybe his PD does their job correctly and all of ours totally suck at their job. Ive herd the state is backed up all sorts of reasons why it takes so long then you see one of these in under 30 days. Makes absolutely no sense at all. Im officially pissed now. Anyway congrats im totally jealous. starting week 10 now and still waiting. THIS STATE SUCKS!

There are several towns that regularly get licenses in under a month, right in the middle of the "state being backed up". It is a lie 99% of the time. If your town respects your rights you get it in the statutory 40 days. If your town doesn't you wait 13 months like Everett. I got mine in just over 4 weeks, and my wife in 5 weeks. It all depends on your licensing officer.

During the fall last year, I had a friend get his LTC in Malden in 3-1/2 weeks and the lady apologized for it taking so long. Meanwhile in other towns, they are backed up 4 months.

My town used to get things done in 3 weeks. New licensing officer now so guess were gonna have to just sit and wait. Could be worse I guess there are people who are waiting a lot longer. Probably be 3 months just getting sick of this. My buddy is a week and a half ahead of me, same town and LO said it was at the PD 3/25 and he should have it shortly. He still doesnt have it. This is so much fun.

A Plainville update to anyone interested (doesn't seem like a big enough population to warrant its own thread):

I spoke briefly with a dispatcher today and was able to glean a little bit of information. Basically, they seem to be short-staffed for a few reasons; what's relevant to LTC applications is the fact that she (the dispatcher) has been out until recently. She didn't give me tons of details but it would be reasonable to assume that she handled all of the applications, was recently on leave, and in her absence - and continuing with her return - is that all new applications are being processed by Sgt. Gallerani. Her comments suggest that this is a new process for them and she alluded to the idea that he may not be very organized around this process yet, which is further contributing to the delays.

She couldn't give me a sense of how quickly Sgt. Gallerani was seeing new applicants for their fingerprints, but she did say that thereafter they are seeing a 4 month wait for applicants to get their licenses. She told me that she just got a license back from the state for an application she did in December.

I'm hesitant to actually call Sgt. Gallerani as he and I spoke about 6 weeks ago, he didn't return a voicemail I left two weeks ago, and I've tried to get some clarification assistance from my state senator (they're not having any luck, either). Friday 4/5 will be 9 weeks since I dropped off my paperwork and still no word about the interview/fingerprints/etc.

Update:

Town of Southwick (Green)
Applied the last week of December (I think 12/27)
Called FRB on 3/11 -- was told approved, not yet mailed
Tues. 4/2 -- picked up at PD

~13 weeks -- Class A, no restrictions

February 5th - Fingerprinted, pic taken, interviewed
March 1st - Check of $100 gone through and cashed
March 15th - Called FRB, pending review at local PD
March 29th - Called FRB, STILL pending review at local PD..........WTF.

-----In Whitman------

February 5th - Fingerprinted, pic taken, interviewed
March 1st - Check of $100 gone through and cashed
March 15th - Called FRB, pending review at local PD
March 29th - Called FRB, STILL pending review at local PD..........WTF.

-----In Whitman------

Mine is going much the same way.
Interview Feb 8th
Check cashed within a week
Polite weekly inquiries to the FRB show the application still resides with the town.
The town officer said to expect delays, but they would be because of the state. I'm therefore a little irked that it's still with the town 2 months later, but I figure it's better to vent here than on the phone.
What can I do?

Marlborough

Back
Top Bottom