How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

Bridgewater

10/19/12 - Dropped of application.
10/29/12 - Rec'd phone call to set date for interview.
11/02/12 - Interview, submitted prints / photo.
12/10/12 - Rec'd e-mail update from L.O., LTC approved. Submitted to FRB.
12/31/12 - Called FRB to check status. LTC issued and mailed to P.D. on 12/27.
01/03/13 - Rec'd e-mail from L.O., LTC available for pick-up.
01/04/13 - Picked-up LTC-A, no restrictions [smile]

Just under 9 weeks from the time the application was entered into the system. Not bad considering the two holidays occuring.

So basically two months from Interview.

Curious - (12/10/12 - Rec'd e-mail update from L.O., LTC approved. Submitted to FRB.)

What does that mean ? Did the LO tell you what License they were approving you for at the Interview ? Or did the LO make you wait five weeks to tell you ?

I'm wondering because my LO told me what I was approved for right at the Interview.

Update for LTC

11/19. Applied, interviewed and fingerprinted.
12/19. Firearms record bureau received LTC
12/31. LTC activated
still waiting on PD to get it....
stopped in Wednesday and today. Still nothing...

(12/31. LTC activated) How do you know this ? How can a person check this ?

Bridgewater

10/19/12 - Dropped of application.
10/29/12 - Rec'd phone call to set date for interview.
11/02/12 - Interview, submitted prints / photo.
12/10/12 - Rec'd e-mail update from L.O., LTC approved. Submitted to FRB.
12/31/12 - Called FRB to check status. LTC issued and mailed to P.D. on 12/27.
01/03/13 - Rec'd e-mail from L.O., LTC available for pick-up.
01/04/13 - Picked-up LTC-A, no restrictions [smile]

Just under 9 weeks from the time the application was entered into the system. Not bad considering the two holidays occuring.

I have a relative that wants to apply in Bridgewater. Did you have to supply any additional paperwork besides the application?

I have a relative that wants to apply in Bridgewater. Did you have to supply any additional paperwork besides the application?

I don't know Bridgewater - but...

The first thing you need to do in any City or Town is check the Police Department Web Site, and try to find the Licensing Officer. Email or call them.

Often the Application is on the Web Site, too.

For me, in Salem the earliest Interview was a month away. It is important to have all the paperwork together for that interview.

called Attleboro PD friday to ask if my license had come in, got a very rude answer from the licensing department.

currently on week 7. figure ill give it a little longer due to the holidays.

Call firearms records bureau at (617)660-4722 and ask for the status of your LTC

Can it be done online? I would have to call during work hours and, well, needless to say I don't want "ears" picking up what I am calling about. If need be I'll send a message to the LO in my town asking if they have had an update. I can always call from a conference room or private office I suppose...

Can it be done online? I would have to call during work hours and, well, needless to say I don't want "ears" picking up what I am calling about. If need be I'll send a message to the LO in my town asking if they have had an update. I can always call from a conference room or private office I suppose...

Your not talking about a conspiracy theory or anything, what's the big deal?

Update: Week 12

Called the magic number a few minutes ago and they told me that my LTC was approved and is being printed and sent back to my PD. Now I just have to see if its restricted or not. fingers crossed.

Finally!

Town: Dracut
completed required training 08/07/12
requested appt: 08/08/12
received appt: 11/05/12 (finger printed, submitted app, etc)
license in hand: 01/07/13
restrictions: None

So basically two months from Interview.

Curious - (12/10/12 - Rec'd e-mail update from L.O., LTC approved. Submitted to FRB.)

What does that mean ? Did the LO tell you what License they were approving you for at the Interview ? Or did the LO make you wait five weeks to tell you ?

I'm wondering because my LO told me what I was approved for right at the Interview.

Lets just say after the interview, I had no reason to believe I would receive anything less than LTC-A, no restrictions.

No additional letters etc. Application, pics and prints, check. That's it.

Put in my application (Fingerprinted, photo taken and interviewed by the Deputy Police Chief) in Springfield on 11/21/12. I called the clerks office this morning and was told it was not in yet and it normally takes 90 days from application date to have LTC in hand. I then called the FRB (617-660-4722) to check the status and was told it was approved and mailed to the SPD on 12/28/12. Does anyone know if they hold the licenses for some particular reason? Even with the New Years holiday it seems like 11 days is a long time for the mail...even snail mail..

Put in my application (Fingerprinted, photo taken and interviewed by the Deputy Police Chief) in Springfield on 11/21/12. I called the clerks office this morning and was told it was not in yet and it normally takes 90 days from application date to have LTC in hand. I then called the FRB (617-660-4722) to check the status and was told it was approved and mailed to the SPD on 12/28/12. Does anyone know if they hold the licenses for some particular reason? Even with the New Years holiday it seems like 11 days is a long time for the mail...even snail mail..

My wife and I both got the post card in the mail to pick up at around the 8 week time frame from Springfield this past December. Mine was issued 20 Nov. And my wife's was 26 Nov. Both LTC-A with Sport, Taregt/Hunting. The clerks staff was up front about the 90 days and the restrictions when we applied in October.

sounds like a buncha bullshit to me.

think im gunna call the FRB this week to check the status of mine as well.

sounds like a buncha bullshit to me.

think im gunna call the FRB this week to check the status of mine as well.

I called the FRB - and wish I hadn't.

They said they already mailed my LTC. So I called my LO and asked to come in and pick up my License. I was told that's not how the system works. Something about my Background Check not being complete.

Hopefully I didn't add a month to my wait with that call.

I'm not calling again.

The FRB won't issue the LTC unless all of the background checks are in. All your LO needs to do is "activate" it in MIRCS (I think) and give it to you.

Right. Salemcat is either being jerked around or they do more "investigations" that aren't required by law and don't involve CJIS/NICS/III before they issue the LTC.

I
...........As to recording someone, first you must let them know that you are recording them,and get thier permission to do so.I do not think Boston PD will agree to that.

True, but all PDs record your call, so when you hear "your call is being recorded" and you continue to speak you are giving them permission to record, and by recording they are obviously giving you permission to record at your end.
PS thisis not legal advise :)

Just got off phone with intern at local pd, said they still haven't gotten my prints back from the state (27 days now).

That is funny, 27 days, I have been waiting 5 months on my renewal -- no need to name my town because the hold-up (no pun intended) is with the State Police.

That is funny, 27 days, I have been waiting 5 months on my renewal -- no need to name my town because the hold-up (no pun intended) is with the State Police.

State Police ? Don't they just do a CORI on you ? That would take all of five minutes.

It has been reported the Fed's have 50% more Background Check requests in December 2013 than in December 2012.

Between Christmas, New Years, and the workload I'm hoping my hold-up is with the Feds.

State Police ? Don't they just do a CORI on you ? That would take all of five minutes.

It has been reported the Fed's have 50% more Background Check requests in December 2013 than in December 2012.

Between Christmas, New Years, and the workload I'm hoping my hold-up is with the Feds.

No, they also process your finger prints.

The FRB told me they mailed off my LTC exactly ONE WEEK after my Interview.

As I've heard of no one receiving their LTC in 8-10 days after the Interview, I believe my LO when they tell me there is more to do.

Perhaps it is the Fingerprints that is the hold-up. I expect it must take a little bit of time for the State Police to scan them in.

Just guessing.

The FRB told me they mailed off my LTC exactly ONE WEEK after my Interview.

As I've heard of no one receiving their LTC in 8-10 days after the Interview, I believe my LO when they tell me there is more to do.

Perhaps it is the Fingerprints that is the hold-up. I expect it must take a little bit of time for the State Police to scan them in.

Just guessing.

I have no idea why the FRB would tell you they printed and mailed your LTC one week after your interview... It's my understanding that they don't even print them until all of the checks are done.

Lens? Any ideas?

I might call the FRB again, just to make sure I did not hear them wrong.

I have to admit calling the FRB was pretty easy. They were quick, and hopefully, accurate.

WAY easier than calling my Cell Phone provider !

Back
Top Bottom