How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

I thought there was someone who got DQ'd and and he couldn't understand why. Come to find out he had a suspended license, got caught driving with a suspended license, etc.

Possibly, but I think that would be a criminal offense and not really a driving record issue.....and I don't believe driving with a suspended license is a DQ, anyways.

i think driving without insurance or with a suspended license is a criminal offense in ma.

Possibly, but I think that would be a criminal offense and not really a driving record issue.....and I don't believe driving with a suspended license is a DQ, anyways.

Update on LTC Athol ma.

11/19 Submited application fingerprinted and interviewed same day.
R
12/19 LTC at firearms record bearu for review and printing.

Got that info today when I called and was told about one more week and they will be sending it out to PD for pick up.

Mike

Update on LTC Athol ma.

11/19 Submited application fingerprinted and interviewed same day.
R
12/19 LTC at firearms record bearu for review and printing.

Got that info today when I called and was told about one more week and they will be sending it out to PD for pick up.

Mike

Great news!!!

@ Rotary... got the call today. I wasn't home nor was I expecting it the day after Christmas. Well Merry Christmas to me... I hope there are no restrictions when I pick it up tomorrow.

Applied 10/30/12
EDIT: Issued 12/20/12
Called to pick up 12/26/12 - 8 weeks and a day - 57 days.
EDIT: Picked up - 12/27/12 - No restrictions!

Last edited:
@ Rotary... got the call today. I wasn't home nor was I expecting it the day after Christmas. Well Merry Christmas to me... I hope there are no restrictions when I pick it up tomorrow.

Applied 10/30/12
Called to pick up 12/16/12 - 8 weeks and a day - 57 days.

LET'S SHOOT..sorry for caps. Go see mark at holliston firearms. Bought two from him already. Just picked upsome ammo Monday from him as well

I'm game...I will see what/if I pick up anything this weekend. I pretty sure I'm going to join MFS, so that would open many options. I really hope that I have no restrictions. Been a good Christmas. Got a Chainsaw. Got my LTC. Nice!

You like Mark at Holliston Firearms? I know no one so any recommendations would be great.

@ Wolfenkratz - Thanks! I was never worried I wouldn't be approved. I'm more worried about the restrictions they might spa and why my application took nearly 2+ weeks longer than Rotary and we applied the same day!

Yea we should shoot. I was thinking mfs too but the indoor range isn't open yet. And I do like mark. He has a good selection. When I buy my long gun in a month or so ill be going to him. And ive been poking around here about 6 months and havent seen restrictions in milford. Back on topic... Good luck to all of you who are waiting. It's a beautiful day when you get that license handed to you

Husband went in for his renewal today. I had dropped off the app and money about 2 weeks ago. LO had to take photo and scan his index finger. She said it should be in within 3 weeks.

Funny though that when I dropped off the app she told me it may be 8 weeks. We shall see.

had FID since 15yrs old, un restricted ltc since 1976. always a quick,simple process to renew. went in on nov 1st to be given an appt for 12/26. went in on 12/26 to get pic and fingerprint. was told they would call me in several months to let me know when it comes in... it expired on the 17th !!

Just got my LTC-A in Cambridge. No restrictions.

11/5/2012: dropped off application, check, photo'ed and fingerprinted
11/14/2012: check cashed
12/12/2012: called FRB and was told they received paperwork on Dec 11th.
12/27/2012: called police station and was told they received an OK on Dec 26th. Card was ready for pick up.

12/27/2012: called police station and was told they received an OK on Dec 26th. Card was ready for pick up.

[bs1] [laugh]

Congrats! Super surprised you got unrestricted in Cambridge!

My wife just called the Worcester PD to schedule an appointment to drop off her LTC application. The next available date is..........wait for it..........April 2013.
F***ing unbelieveable. At least they removed the need for business letterhead on your letters of recommendation.

4 months since application submitted in quincy
6 months since taking the course and trying to get an appointment

LTC-A target and hunting though because apparently under 25 gets restrictions here

Finally!

Last edited:
i think driving without insurance or with a suspended license is a criminal offense in ma.

Ya, I had to appear for driving uninsured when I was a stupid broke college student. Fortunately I was advised to list it on question 10 and did, so it wasn't a prob. It was CWOF, but not an auto DQ even if guilty.

Back
Top Bottom