How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

So I called the local PD (Milford) and left a message: asking if there was something specific holding my application up as I called the FRB and they advised me that the background check had not been finalized. I stated that was odd since I know a batch a licenses from my time of application (10/30) have just come back and have been finalized, and I'm already registered with the state for other reasons.

The LEO calls me back (leaves a short, curt and to the point VM) that he was on vacation, and my application was just finalized and sent off to the state on Tues. He will call when he gets the license in.

The tone of the call seemed a little angrier than I would have expected, and never really stated why my application has taken 6 weeks to perform a background check.

I called him back and got him personally on the phone. I thanked him for the time he took to call me. He seemed more understanding at that simple point and stated that the state has the application now and I should likely be getting a call from him next week. Not wanting to piss him off, I just said thanks and look forward to his call.

So if all is true...I'll get it next week, but I still don't know what the hold up was. Hopefully at this point it just comes in with no restrictions. Sigh...this just gives me more time to plot the ways to spend my money.

What kind of time frame am I looking at once L O clicks approve and FRB has it? Will they review and print and mail within a week? On day 76 in friendly green town with Lo that is pro ALP. GETTING CLOSE

Last edited:
jguns....

When I called the frb they said they take 2 weeks to do what they do they then mail it to your pd your pd have to print a pin and eather mail or call you in for it .
Today makes 11 weeks for me I know the frb got it on the 5th of dec . so we wait .....

Last edited:
1 year and 1 month, got the call yesterday to pick it up at the pd in Everett mass

I hate to sound like a broken record, (actually I don't, just kidding), but...

GOAL Licensing Alert Update - December 5, 2012

As you know, GOAL has been getting hundreds of phone calls and emails regarding licensing delays. Some of you waited weeks just for the appointment to apply, and many of you have waited or are still waiting for months to actually have the FID or LTC in hand.

House Speaker Robert DeLeo has agreed to help us look into this matter.

At this time, we ask that you send information about your appointment/licensing delays ONLY (no restriction/denial issues, please) to Andrew Keegan, Speaker DeLeo's legislative aide.

Please keep the emails brief and polite, as their office is on our side!

You may email Andrew at [email protected]

dropped off my husbands renewal form today with the fee. However, he cant go in for prints (yes they told me he has to do the scan again) and photo until after christmas. This is in part because the person who does this works Mon-Fri 8-4. My husband works 8-5:30 every day. He has the week of christmas off and the licensing person is off on christmas eve day. she said to have him call before he comes down to make sure she is in. she also told me that the whole state is having 'computer issues' and it took her 30 minutes to process the last person. I was also told yesterday that it is taking 'longer than usual.' When I asked if he would at least get it within the time frame of the grace period I was told 'I don't think they do that anymore.' [shocked]

I got a receipt for the fee so he can have that on him in case but now I am worried that if he were stopped and questioned that he would have a 'problem' until things got straightened out. (not worried like I will lose sleep over it since it's unlikely he would ever be stopped)

Lo and behold when I got home there was a notice to remind him to renew in the mail!

When does the clock on them start? Did it start today or does it start after they do prints?

Licensing person also stated that sometimes she has doctor appts as she is 7 months pregnant. good for her but what happens if she takes 6 weeks off and someone needs to renew or apply? They just have to wait until her maternity leave is done? Do they have a backup plan? Since she is 7months and the 'state is slow' it is very possible the renewal could come in and be sitting on her desk until she returns to work.

PennyPincher, it is much worse than that.

There are numerous serial steps where state sends Email to LO, LO reviews, responds before state does next step, etc. See my Sticky in this forum.

If she's out, stuff will stay in her Email "inbox" until she's back, with no action taken! [thinking]

ONLY if it goes to a general Email inbox or she gives her account info to someone else covering for her in her absence will anyone see their LTCs anytime soon.

ETA: Clock (40 days) starts when you dropped off application and since you got a receipt you are one of the rare ones with actual proof.

Last edited:
Well it is good to know that WPD isn't just slow with LTCs.. I got plowed into at a red light on rt9 and have been waiting 2 hours for a LEO to arrive...

PennyPincher, it is much worse than that.

There are numerous serial steps where state sends Email to LO, LO reviews, responds before state does next step, etc. See my Sticky in this forum.

If she's out, stuff will stay in her Email "inbox" until she's back, with no action taken! [thinking]

ONLY if it goes to a general Email inbox or she gives her account info to someone else covering for her in her absence will anyone see their LTCs anytime soon.

ETA: Clock (40 days) starts when you dropped off application and since you got a receipt you are one of the rare ones with actual proof.

Thanks LenS. I got the receipt because I had seen all the delays going on and my husbands license is expiring in about 30 days.

ETA: Clock (40 days) starts when you dropped off application...

Just to clarify...

I agree, in this case the 40 days started when the application was submitted, as fingerprinting is not required for renewals.

However, for new applicants, the 40 days starts upon submission of a "completed application", which requires fingerprinting.

You submit the application, that starts the 40 day countdown. Whenever the PD feels like fingerprinting you. That is part of what they have to get done in the 40 days.

The licensing authority shall, within 40 days from the date of application, either approve the application and issue the license or deny the application and notify the applicant of the reason for such denial in writing;

However, for new applicants, the 40 days starts upon submission of a "completed application", which requires fingerprinting.

so are these shootings going to make my 76 day ltc a process take longer or does it not make a differnce, other than it really sucks wat people are doing with assault rifles these daYS. GODBLESS

so are these shootings going to make my 76 day ltc a process take longer or does it not make a differnce, other than it really sucks wat people are doing with assault rifles these daYS. GODBLESS

Not going to matter for people in the process, but if you are starting now, I think alot more people are going to be applying very soon.

Got a call today. I called on Thursday for an update and he called me today. I guess it's been waiting at the PD for two weeks. I actually believe the LO just from my interactions with him.

If true then it was a little less than 40 days.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom