How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

I can finally answer the question

Timeline:

8/21 - Call PD to schedule interview.
9/6 - Interview, submit app.
10/18 (42 days) - Email PD to inquire. Reply "all approved, waiting for delivery".
11/21 (76 days) - Email PD.
12/1 (85 days) - Reply from PD "Yours has already been delivered". We agreed it's lost, ordered another.
12/11 (96 days) - Call PD "are we there yet?". Yes! Picked up.

LTC A - No restrictions in Berlin, MA. [smile]
Date of issue: 10/15. (?)

And for the big question: will the wife go along with 1st purchase? Yes! Green light..

(BTW I'm filling in the Comm2A survey. Although I wish they would publish some of the results back to the people that provided the info.)

Last edited:
i just dont get how some are getting ltc a in 40 some odd days. Im on 72 and still waiting for frb to print or i should say lo to click approve. Got to be close,im thinkin within 10 days till i see it in my mailbox

Last edited:
i just dont get how some are getting ltc a in 40 some odd days. Im on 72 and still waiting for frb to print or i should say lo to click approve. Got to be close,im thinkin within 10 days till i see it in my mailbox
Tell me about it 75 days and counting !!!
All though I did call the frb was told its with them since the 5th of dec.

I applied on 10/23.... (1 week before you did). Went to PD at around 5PM, they had around 15 cards there... mine wasn't in the pile...

The lady told me they would call me when it's ready.
I'm with you br - it was not at the window. She was very nice and said they would definitely call when in. Here hoping it's tomorrow.

To you guys who don't have yours yet... Definitely the local pd, unless there's some crazy background check that hasn't come in yet for you. I went from pd to frb and back in less than 2 weeks and 1 whole week of that was waiting for usps to deliver my license back to pd.

To further clarify, I was told to expect the fingerprint cards to come back from MSP 25 days after my initial interview. So, there's definitely that to count into the time as well.

Last edited:
Rotary...maybe there was an issue with either my app or keeping the officer late. I say that as I just called the FRB and spoke to 2 nice people that say that my application hasn't even left Milford. It's still pending review, background check. Uh..ok. So I guess it's time to call the PD and find out why. I'm registered with the DEA, I have a medical license, and I've been practicing in MA since 2010, since 2003 overall. So I'm know I'm in the system....

I think that there needs to be more transparency in the ltc process they should have a web site that at the application the person that applies gets a user name and password that gets them to there file and allows them to see where they are in the process each part of the process should have an aloted amout of time to get done from start to finish if the hole process take longer than the 40 days when the lic comes in it should also come with a refund of 100.00 . Also if it should happen to go passed the aloted time for any one section a contact number should pop up in that section with a contact name .

Called Lic Dept today, just for giggles (it's only been 4 weeks yesterday). She was very nice, took a while to find it in the system, but said it was still being reviewed by LO and I could call back in a week or two to check on it if I wanted.

It should just be taken out of the local PDs hands. It should be handled by the state. Fill out the application online, pay online/mail in, the only thing the local PD should be responsible for is the photo and prints.

I think that there needs to be more transparency in the ltc process they should have a web site that at the application the person that applies gets a user name and password that gets them to there file and allows them to see where they are in the process each part of the process should have an aloted amout of time to get done from start to finish if the hole process take longer than the 40 days when the lic comes in it should also come with a refund of 100.00 . Also if it should happen to go passed the aloted time for any one section a contact number should pop up in that section with a contact name .

It should just be taken out of the local PDs hands. It should be handled by the state. Fill out the application online, pay online/mail in, the only thing the local PD should be responsible for is the photo and prints.
Agreed. They obviously can't handle it and the additional requirements are ridiculous.

Scheduled interview: July (had to go in person twice)
Interview + fingerprint: September 3rd
Picked up: 12/11
Issue date: 11/26
Class A, restrictions: none

I called 3 times. The first two times I was told to not call and that they would call me when it's ready. The last time I called, she said it has been ready to pick up for the last two weeks!!!!!!???

Last edited:
does it only go to FRB once checks sre initially done and jus pending LO APPROVAL

- - - Updated - - -

SO LIKE 100 DAYS FROM FINGERPRINTS

Last edited:
ANOTHER QUESTION IF SOMEONE IS DENIED ARE THEY CONTACTED RITE AWAY OR LEFT IN LIMBO AT LEAST THATS WHAT LO TOLD ME IF I DIDNT HEAR FROM HIM I WAS ALL GOOD BUT THEN AGAIN CANT GET A HOLD OF HIM

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom