How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

I CALLED the police department and left a message. The licensing officer called me back quickly. He said he just got back from vacation and has about 30 licenses he needs to print the PIN numbers for and that I can come by tonight to get my license. So with that being said.l, quite a few people in Milford are getting calls today. And I will be going to holliston firearms. He has a few guns in stock that I am very interested in. 41 days.

Going green this week. Too difficult to do from my iphone.

Spectacular. Great news for you. I hope I get called today... :)

Just called. Mine hasn't come in yet today, but some did, so hopefully someone in Brookline will have theirs...

Last edited:
I called the FRB yesterday and they said that my app is in process as of 11/27 and the local PD is waiting for the background check or something along those lines. What do you think time frame wise it'll be until it goes to the FRB for processing there? I'm not worried about the PD since I know my wife knows the LO there, but I don't want to bug her since she is doing all she can at her level.

I just called Tewksbury yesterday to schedule my wife's interview...first available appointment... 29 January 2013! 7 week wait just for the privledge of getting finger printed.
Wow, must be because Tewksbury is such a big town....[rolleyes]....just think of the handful of applications they have to go through

Worcester was scheduling interviews 12 weeks out, tried doing that with me... Pff

I just called Tewksbury yesterday to schedule my wife's interview...first available appointment... 29 January 2013! 7 week wait just for the privledge of getting finger printed.

That's ridiculous.... What was their reason?

There is 1 guy doing them. 1 day a week. actually i think he only does them from 1-4 because i've been able to get an appointment earlier than 1PM

They did tell me though that they will now allow you to drop off the application before the interview (how nice of them) so they can pre-enter everything into the state system.

In Quincy I called July 6th, earliest they could get me in was Sept 20th. 1 day shy of a full 11 weeks just to get an interview!!

email the Speaker's legislative aide. This is the stuff he needs to hear.

GOAL Licensing Alert Update - December 5, 2012
As you know, GOAL has been getting hundreds of phone calls and emails regarding licensing delays. Some of you waited weeks just for the appointment to apply, and many of you have waited or are still waiting for months to actually have the FID or LTC in hand.

House Speaker Robert DeLeo has agreed to help us look into this matter.

At this time, we ask that you send information about your appointment/licensing delays ONLY (no restriction/denial issues, please) to Andrew Keegan, Speaker DeLeo's legislative aide.

Please keep the emails brief and polite, as their office is on our side!
You may email Andrew at [email protected]

Just talked to my local PD and my renewal is finally in, only 11 weeks...better than I expected. now if only they had let me apply 3mo in advance instead of 2 I wouldn't have been stuck in grace period limbo for the past 3 weeks

Green Town LTC Application Update:
Dropped off paperwork/check/letters: October 16
Invited in for Prints/Picture: November 15
Called FRB for an Update: December 11 --> Has not yet left the Local Licensing Authority for FRB process

Note sent to Speaker DeLeo with details.

Back
Top Bottom