How long did your LTC-A take in your town???

thats awesome im on day 76 cant understand wat L o is doing waiting for xmas

Are you calling him every other day? If so, knock it off, it's hurting you, not helping. Patience is a virtue in the firearms world. If he feels your being pushy, he might question your motives, and find you unsuitable. Good luck.

Grabbed it today. No restrictions. Issued December 4th.

Probably going tomorrow to look at an M&P 9mm or a Beretta 92FS. I've shot the Beretta but have yet to handle an M&P.

I mean how many days should i have to wait. If the FRB has my certificate of safety course and there waiting upon approval from L O then my background checks got to be done you would think, 77 days in? So is my L O sitting on an already to go app? Not sure not going to bug him though, just going to wait till friday to call FRB. Im also waiting to take a self defence course and would like to join NRA and possibly a gun club to practice. The money I have put aside is burnin a hole in my pocket plus my wife is sick of listening to me wonder how much longer lol.

The FRB never sees your safety certificate. It stays with the local PD. Read the Sticky here on the process . . . lots of places for local PD to be non-responsive and hold up issuance.

jguns, unless you have an idea from other people in the city/town that got it faster than you have been waiting, I'm going to recommend relaxing a little bit. There's a fine line between nagging and being on top of the process. Obsessing over it isn't going to make it go any faster either.

Need to get in writing why i was denied. called frb they said it was denied dont know why but will try to get in writing then have to look into appeal. Does anyone know how appeal works. Im so disappointed cant figure out why. I meanTO GET DENIED ALL AROUND NOT EVEN OK WITH RESTRICTION. Its not right im not a criminal no criminal offences. Just looking to protect myself and my family.The Lo told me he had no problem issuing me an all lawful purpous at time of fingerprints and upon looking at my background so im baffled. Any help on what i should do.

- - - Updated - - -

Last edited:
Denial letter is supposed to come from your local PD within 40 days of application. You then have 90 days to appeal in District Court. If it is more than 130 days since you applied, you unfortunately are out of luck and the court will dismiss your case leaving you no recourse.

Good luck.

@ Rotary - I called the FRB - they received the application 12/12. At least it is there. They said that it should take 1-2 weeks to complete the final process. And then it is mailed back. I will suspect that since it has been 1 week since it arrived, and he didn't mention that it was completed, I'm more on the 2 week tract. I asked if the impending Holiday will slow it down. I was told it shouldn't.

Just got back from Northshore FA. There was probably 10-12 of us there. Places are getting hammered. Every call was about ARs which they sold out yesterday. Another friend went to FS yesterday and he said he had number 70 something and they were on 28.

Need to get in writing why i was denied. called frb they said it was denied dont know why but will try to get in writing then have to look into appeal. Does anyone know how appeal works. Im so disappointed cant figure out why. I meanTO GET DENIED ALL AROUND NOT EVEN OK WITH RESTRICTION. Its not right im not a criminal no criminal offences. Just looking to protect myself and my family.The Lo told me he had no problem issuing me an all lawful purpous at time of fingerprints and upon looking at my background so im baffled. Any help on what i should do.

- - - Updated - - -

Find out why you were denied, run a copy of your CORI and contact [email protected] with all of that.

going to laywer today denied cause of past driving record we will see about that ridiculous

I remember you saying that the LO said you would be fine. He is very pro 2A. I doubt it was a suitability issue on his end, unless you lied on your app, or during your interview. If something bounced back to him that you didn't disclose then he would hit you for suitability. Just remember. Some LO's actually read this forum, so your impatience may have raised an eyebrow as well.

Applied for LTC-A in Springfield on 10/15/12 was told 3 months, my wife applied on 10/26/12

The license was issued on 11/20/12, wife's issued on 11/26/12

Wife received her card on 12/14/12 and mine on 12/19/12 to pick up license. In hand on the 19th

Both LTC-A with Sport, Target, and Hunting.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it have to be suitability? What could get you DQed from a driving record?

I thought there was someone who got DQ'd and and he couldn't understand why. Come to find out he had a suspended license, got caught driving with a suspended license, etc.

Back
Top Bottom