How do you react when you get robbed?

How do I really react?

steven_segal_emotion_chart.jpg

Ummm.... Sometimes bad guys get drop on ya. Situational awareness is greater than firearm in such cases.

This, plus a billion... although even in the posited scenario, I can think of a half dozen ways someone could improve their odds against the armed BG...

-Mike

Lucky for us in Massachusetts this could never happen because criminals cannot possess guns. Just ask Linsky, its the legal law abiding owners you need to watch!

Yes the above is pure sarcasm. ..one of those days

Sent from the blind

Personally, I hear of way too many instances where people comply with the guys demands 100% and still get shot in the face while standing there with their hands up in the air. Sitting here in the comfort of my own home with no stranger pointing a gun at me, I'd like to say I'd take a chance and swipe at the gun/run. Whether I actually have the presence of mind to do that if I found myself in that situation, I cant say for sure. Its just that too many people end up dead after giving up the cash and not resisting.

This. I would never put my destiny in the hands of someone else.

What kind of holster was he using!? I need it for street cred

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

What kind of holster was he using!? I need it for street cred

I have no idea, but I would bet nearly anything it involves Kydex, from the sound it makes. I went googling and there are conflicting reports of what the thing actually is. Some say it was a Fobus or a Serpa, but I think that's bullshit, because it's too fast for that. Some say it was this: http://www.copsplus.com/partnum7473.php but Galco doesn't make that for a USP anymore. /boggle.

-Mike

My friend just got robbed last week and he was asking me about the firearm permit and carry weapons info. At the beginning i was glad, not that he got robbed, he realized guns are not evil. After listen to him for what happened. I was not positive a ccw will help in this case. So...a big guy pointed a pistol at him and ordered him to lay on the ground (face down). Then he was asked to throw all the valuable stuff back to the robber while the criminal was behind him. The robber hit him in the head and left him unconscious for a few seconds while he's running away.

I don't see a slim chance he could draw a weapon and have you imagined anything like this in your practice and how will you react?

Never been robbed so I don't know how I will react.

I have no idea, but I would bet nearly anything it involves Kydex, from the sound it makes. I went googling and there are conflicting reports of what the thing actually is. Some say it was a Fobus or a Serpa, but I think that's bullshit, because it's too fast for that. Some say it was this: http://www.copsplus.com/partnum7473.php but Galco doesn't make that for a USP anymore. /boggle.

-Mike

No way it's a Slurpa. Lol

Surprised a tactical roll hasn't been brought up yet [wink]

I was robbed at knife point 26 years ago outside the Worcester Centrum. I didn't have any ninja skills at age 14, so here's your Scorpions concert t-shirt sir.

I've been robbed, and I've pointed guns at people. It wouldn't have worked out well for them trying to play quick draw McGraw.

I guess it is hard to guess how one would react. But, I would like to think I'd drop my wallet on the ground in front of me, maybe even bumble it a little to make it more realistic. This would open the opportunity for a kick when the crook bends over to pick it up. I should probably rehearse it, to get the distance right, and see if it bounces. If I'm in Chinatown or some other sketchy area, I'd have my hand on knife, spray, or gun, or maybe all 3. ;-)

That, or light up a Kool.

How did this go down? Guy step out of an alley in front of him? Follow him? sneak up on him? Night, Day? What city or town? I'm more curious if maybe had he been paying attention a bit more he could have gotten the jump or avoided this all together. In conjunction with a LTC, you should start teaching him the idea of situational awareness

My friend just got robbed last week and he was asking me about the firearm permit and carry weapons info. At the beginning i was glad, not that he got robbed, he realized guns are not evil. After listen to him for what happened. I was not positive a ccw will help in this case. So...a big guy pointed a pistol at him and ordered him to lay on the ground (face down). Then he was asked to throw all the valuable stuff back to the robber while the criminal was behind him. The robber hit him in the head and left him unconscious for a few seconds while he's running away.

I don't see a slim chance he could draw a weapon and have you imagined anything like this in your practice and how will you react?

Not that it couldn't happen but I like to think I have a heightened awareness when I am concerned about my surroundings and avoid giving robbers a target of opportunity.

Yes. More than a few times. Air soft for 2 reasons:

1. They aren't street enough to get a real one.

2. They are smart enough to not compound the problems they already have from the robbery. They generally just want your money and your shit.

Think about it. Its mass. They'll get firearms posession, ammo poses soon, possibly high cap mag possession. They may even get tied to the larceny (usually) that was required to get gun.

So... you are telling us that these gun control laws DO work, and the refrain of "criminals will ignore the laws" is bullshit?? [thinking] [pot]

Always try to have situational awareness. Learn from Josey Wales:

Last edited by a moderator:
This is why if I am out and I have a jacket the gun is in the jacket pocket. The perp would think you were going into your pocket for the valuables. Empty the magazine into him. I would hope to have seen him coming and prepared for a confrontation but I think it is hard to say what you would actually do until you live it.
This is the main reason I like pocket carry as well.

^^This. In this situation a nice cozy wheel gun would work nicely. Wouldn't want to chance being out of battery with a slide gun in the pocket.

^^This. In this situation a nice cozy wheel gun would work nicely. Wouldn't want to chance being out of battery with a slide gun in the pocket.

Why would a semi be out of battery? Full mag, one in the pipe, no safety. Pull the trigger and it goes boom. repeat as necessary.

So... you are telling us that these gun control laws DO work, and the refrain of "criminals will ignore the laws" is bullshit?? [thinking] [pot]

Yes. For a small subset of pseudo criminals. Sorry if it upsets nes group think. ;)

Why would a semi be out of battery? Full mag, one in the pipe, no safety. Pull the trigger and it goes boom. repeat as necessary.
I think he's talking about firing it in his pocket as opposed to pulling it out. If you did that with a slide gun and pushed the slide back it would take it out of battery

I think he's talking about firing it in his pocket as opposed to pulling it out. If you did that with a slide gun and pushed the slide back it would take it out of battery

Why would I push the slide back? There is one in the chamber. I can reach into my jacket pocket and fire my PM9 just as easily as I could a revolver.

I think he means a recoil operated Semi in a pocket is a one shot gun?

Why would I push the slide back? There is one in the chamber. I can reach into my jacket pocket and fire my PM9 just as easily as I could a revolver.
I'm not saying you would purposely push the slide back, but if you were shooting a gun with a slide, and it was in your pocket, and if you were to possibly just possibly thrust the gun in a forward motion while inside your pocket, the tensile strength of the fabric that your pocket is constructed of could be strong enough to stop the momentum of your thrust, and possibly move the slide enough to take it out of battery. But I'm just guessing .

if it is a regular robbery I try to pee on my wallet to make it less attractive to the assailant. The last time I was raped though even peeing on my self coupled with my rape whistle couldn't keep them at bay.........but not fighting back was a moral victory for me........yey.

... if you were shooting a gun with a slide, and it was in your pocket, and if ... the tensile strength of the fabric that your pocket is constructed of could be strong enough to stop the momentum of your thrust, and possibly move the slide enough to take it out of battery. But I'm just guessing .

I would guess you'd have an equal chance of the fabric stopping the hammer from going back. Unless this was a roomy coat pocket, like in one of those "barn coats", or something.

Back
Top Bottom