• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Holyoke PD Switching From .45's Back To 9mm's

Isn’t this the normal course of things where numbers are revised, holsters thrown in, ammo too?
How many rounds do you think have gone through the g21s to make them oupdated?

So, every 7-10 years they dump their old handguns? Is that normal?

I wonder what the average round count on them is

BUT LETS NOT PUT THEM ON THE AG LIST FOR REGULAR CITIZENS

So dangerous older guns are to public safety, but that is all we get. we gotta piece them together.

So, every 7-10 years they dump their old handguns? Is that normal?

I wonder what the average round count on them is
The article said they have been in service for 12 years, I'd guesstimate that each officer probably does a 200 round qualification every year? Maybe 100 rounds? So these guns even being 12 years old probably have a very low round count and are still great guns

Why don't cops use 5.7? Sometimes bad guys wear body armor.
Years ago when my town went from 9s to 45 the police chief at the time told me they were making the move because they were worried about over penetration. Not sure how valid that is, but, I would think if that is a concern, then 5.7 is definitely a round that would raise that issue.

over $1000 per gun/holster

Plus some shop is getting over 150 G21's for resale

That seems a tad steep to me.

Anyone know the "blue label" price for a Gen 5 Glock 17?

Cripes you can buy a basic G17, no night sites, no optics for about $525 retail from Bass Pro in a free state

Per the article...
The assessment found that the department’s lack of training and its aging equipment, including outdated handguns and ammunition shortages, posed a “risk to the community.”

Lack of training? Yet these cops can handle the Glock 9mm Lung Removers that are too salty for us common plebs?

🐯

The article said they have been in service for 12 years, I'd guesstimate that each officer probably does a 200 round qualification every year? Maybe 100 rounds? So these guns even being 12 years old probably have a very low round count and are still great guns
The only thing with them is the Tritium sights would glow less brightly.

over $1000 per gun/holster

Plus some shop is getting over 150 G21's for resale

That seems a tad steep to me.

Anyone know the "blue label" price for a Gen 5 Glock 17?

Cripes you can buy a basic G17, no night sites, no optics for about $525 retail from Bass Pro in a free state
Departments when they buy in BULK get a much better price that the Blue Label Program.
The Blue Label Program is mainly used when the officer has to purchase his/her own firearms.

Back
Top Bottom