Holyoke PD Switching From .45's Back To 9mm's

that is why I asked what the blue label price was, because that is a heavily discounted price, and a buy of 160 pistols should be the same or less than the blue label price.

I was just trying to find a back door way of finding out the real price.

Personally I think that absent of there being copious amounts of ammo, spare parts, an armorers training course or something else of extreme value, the $600 per holster and gun cash ( 97K/160 guns) PLUS the trade in value of 157 G21's the amount of the contract at face value looks obscene.

How much training do you need to go from a G21 to a G17? They are the same effn gun, and the same effn gun that has been around for 35 years.

There is no magic here, the slide comes off the same way, the field strip is identical, the magazines, short of capacity are the same, the sight picture is identical, tap rack and roll... identical

Here is one distributor selling Blue Label Gen5 with 3 mags for under 400 dollars

Someone somewhere is making a shitload of money off this deal IMHO

Last time they were talking about switching to 9mm in Holyoke (last year), they were all set to switch to FN509s. The deal was already worked out to sell their glocks and get the 509s. (and I was really hoping to get some of the leftover .45 from some buddies)

“The guns we currently have are outdated. The normal average is in the seven to 10 (years) range,” said Police Chief David Pratt. “When you get to that age, you run the risk of them failing, and that’s the last thing we want.”
The chief is full of s*** they just want excuses to set cash on fire although you could at least argue with 9 mm the training cost would be decreased....

Departments when they buy in BULK get a much better price that the Blue Label Program.
The Blue Label Program is mainly used when the officer has to purchase his/her own firearms.
This isn't always true anymore.... Glock is established itself enough that it's not always whoring itself out from marketing and actually will sell guns to police departments and make money. A little PD in a nearly invisible commie state is not getting a free ride.

over $1000 per gun/holster

Plus some shop is getting over 150 G21's for resale

That seems a tad steep to me.

Anyone know the "blue label" price for a Gen 5 Glock 17?

Cripes you can buy a basic G17, no night sites, no optics for about $525 retail from Bass Pro in a free state

Not really. It may include extra magazines as well as a budget for spare parts and s*** like that not to mention it doesn't really say whether or not these guns have a television set on them or not if there's a TV set on those things of course they're going to be $1,000. Noise in the scheme of the whole thing, honestly.

Ridiculous my sig p226 is maybe 10+years old, has over 100k rds through it (I don’t want to exaggerate but it could be like 140,000)

Mostly reloads with homebrew projectiles. Have used drill bits and whatever’s handy to clear a few squibs… it’s been through a few recoil Springs, broken a couple magazines.. gotten wet, drop in the mud dropped a bunch of times…

Things completely fine. It’s my carry piece.

These f***ers should buy their own guns out of pocket and claim them on their taxes…

“The guns we currently have are outdated. The normal average is in the seven to 10 (years) range,” said Police Chief David Pratt. “When you get to that age, you run the risk of them failing, and that’s the last thing we want.”
So every year, on average, their pistols have 50 rds put through them total, for annual qualification. At 7 to 10 years old, they have on average, fired between 350 and 500 rds total. Hell, that’s a decent Saturday for me. They aren’t jamming due to age, they’re potentially jamming to never even being broken in.

Last edited:
So every year, on average, their pistols have 50 rds put through them total, for annual qualification. At 7 to 10 years old, they have on average, fired between 350 and 500 rds total. Hell, that’s a decent Saturday for me. They aren’t jamming due to age, they’re potentially jamming to never even being broken in.
Wonder if they are using gen3 21's with a gun light? At one point a long time ago there was a known issue with 21s and rail mounted lights.

that is why I asked what the blue label price was, because that is a heavily discounted price, and a buy of 160 pistols should be the same or less than the blue label price.

I was just trying to find a back door way of finding out the real price.

Personally I think that absent of there being copious amounts of ammo, spare parts, an armorers training course or something else of extreme value, the $600 per holster and gun cash ( 97K/160 guns) PLUS the trade in value of 157 G21's the amount of the contract at face value looks obscene.

How much training do you need to go from a G21 to a G17? They are the same effn gun, and the same effn gun that has been around for 35 years.

There is no magic here, the slide comes off the same way, the field strip is identical, the magazines, short of capacity are the same, the sight picture is identical, tap rack and roll... identical

Here is one distributor selling Blue Label Gen5 with 3 mags for under 400 dollars

Someone somewhere is making a shitload of money off this deal IMHO
Lol.

How many cops do you think have ever stripped their firearm and cleaned it? I’ll bet those bad boys are loaded with debris and lint. Other than any required training I’ll bet they never even touch their gun.

This is all just an excuse to spend some money.

well that is the great thing about a Glock, they work 99.99999% of the time regardless of how poorly they have been maintained.

Back
Top Bottom