• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Hey what the hell right let's us try and use a tragedy to our advantage

This has gone around Congress for a while and even our ol buddy Mitch didn't let it go to the floor even though Rs control the Senate. Seems this is cryptonite even for the Conservatives for whatever reason.

This has gone around Congress for a while and even our ol buddy Mitch didn't let it go to the floor even though Rs control the Senate. Seems this is cryptonite even for the Conservatives for whatever reason.
Your not wrong... But right now record gun sales and record first time buyers may be the right combination of panic and ignorance. Plus it could be viewed as trump tweaking the otherside if he eo's it.

And what the hell why not try right it's not like we have it now

I wonder about these things myself, if Republicans were like Democrats and took it to the letter of the party line with almost no free thinking we'd have this, suppressors as unregulated parts, probably a whole bunch of other things...

Fortunately for elections maybe or unfortunately for freedom Republicans don't tend to behave this way... unfortunately Democrats do, so when they take control they just all blindly support any BS based on party line.

Anyways it's the negative attitude that is pensive through our culture I'll freely admit I'm to lazy to stand outside with a megaphone. But signing an internet petition takes all of 30 seconds. Reposting it on other 2a friendly places takes 2 min. So for 3 min of your time a crazy long shot could pay off

Natrep is dead in the water and has been for years. It was never anything more than a shiny carrot for the NRA to hold in front of its donor base.

If you want natrep to ever happen the only way it ever will is if the normal states make the shitty ones look bad. The way you do that is by having a reciprocity compact between these
states, maybe with an enhanced permit that adheres to the conditions of the compact. Then once you get like 40 states into this agreement, you then have people carrying guns freely in those 40 something states... then it becomes politically problematic for congress to ignore it.

The way you do that is by having a reciprocity compact between these states, maybe with an enhanced permit that adheres to the conditions of the compact. Then once you get like 40 states into this agreement, you then have people carrying guns freely in those 40 something states... then it becomes politically problematic for congress to ignore it.

Highly doubtful as there are 7 states with some form of an AWB right now, 43 without a ban. Congress doesn't give 2 sh*ts about an AWB in the 7 states.

Highly doubtful as there are 7 states with some form of an AWB right now, 43 without a ban. Congress doesn't give 2 sh*ts about an AWB in the 7 states.

Doesn't matter, the bottom line is you won't exert pressure without front loading it the way I described. Worst case you get a convenient license format that gets you 40 something
states. This doesn't have anything to do with an AWB, either.

Natrep is dead in the water and has been for years. It was never anything more than a shiny carrot for the NRA to hold in front of its donor base.

If you want natrep to ever happen the only way it ever will is if the normal states make the shitty ones look bad. The way you do that is by having a reciprocity compact between these
states, maybe with an enhanced permit that adheres to the conditions of the compact. Then once you get like 40 states into this agreement, you then have people carrying guns freely in those 40 something states... then it becomes politically problematic for congress to ignore it.
Still a long shot, but a strategical long shot. Sounds good to me.

Doesn't matter, the bottom line is you won't exert pressure without front loading it the way I described. Worst case you get a convenient license format that gets you 40 something
states. This doesn't have anything to do with an AWB, either.

Didn't say it had anything to do with an AWB. However, the concept is the same. If gun organizations can't exert pressure for eliminating AWBs, then they can't exert pressure for natrep.

Didn't say it had anything to do with an AWB. However, the concept is the same. If gun organizations can't exert pressure for eliminating AWBs, then they can't exert pressure for natrep.
Natrep is a much easier sell, frankly. Regardless creating positive stats helps sell it. You only get those under the conditions I described.

Again or executive order to make the dems wet themselves. EO's have gone way too far in my opinion and honestly should be removed from the presidency.

But imagine the freedom boner middle finger to the dems we would get if he exec ordered it.

There's a ton of pressure on trump right now regarding his handling of the riots and not doing enough responding according to some parties. He's not saving the cities he's leaving it to the governors to decide. If his answer was ill let good people defend themselves. The lefts heads would explode. And the rights pants would explode.

Again or executive order to make the dems wet themselves. EO's have gone way too far in my opinion and honestly should be removed from the presidency.

But imagine the freedom boner middle finger to the dems we would get if he exec ordered it.

There's a ton of pressure on trump right now regarding his handling of the riots and not doing enough responding according to some parties. He's not saving the cities he's leaving it to the governors to decide. If his answer was ill let good people defend themselves. The lefts heads would explode. And the rights pants would explode.
What does the federal gov't have to do with a states (actually, cities) problem? Trump handled the riots exactly the way he should have. The riots are occurring in BDC run by Donks. It's their problem that they created.

Natrep is a much easier sell, frankly. Regardless creating positive stats helps sell it. You only get those under the conditions I described.

If natrep was an easy sell, the best opportunity for it in the last 40 years was in 2017-2018. In those years, we had a presumably 2nd Amendment president and both houses of Congress with Republican majorities (115th Congress).

The House passed a natrep bill, but the Republican-led Senate never voted on it.

Their plans for us don't involve us having guns. An armed populace is always a hindrance to government expansion. If we couldn't vote them out, the GOP would ban guns tomorrow.

Back
Top Bottom