• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help me decide

Which one

• Wilson

Votes: 13 34.2%
  • Nighthawk

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Staccato

Votes: 14 36.8%
  • Alchemy

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Cabot

Votes: 3 7.9%

• Total voters
What are you looking for in a higher end 2011? There are a lot of different reasons why people want them and different shops will cater to those different wants. Places like Venom, Brazos and McLearn are all high end competition guns that will flat out run and be silly accurate and reliable, but they won't carry much name recognition outside the competition world. Nighthawk, staccato and Wilson will have the name recognition in a wider shooting circle. But you don't see them used as much in the high volume shooting world.

I have a prodigy that's pretty solid actually

Other than the shitty hex optic

I've been trying to get one of those to tinker with. I've read some good things actually

I never really played with the 1911/2011 platform
I was toying with a 2011 prodigy.

Then I was thinking Stacatto.

Now I’m on a hunt for a DWX.

The dwx wins if I can get a full size.

Nope, a belt sander to blend it in. How old are the Camels ? I've got a pack just like that from early 90s.
They were new at the time. Smoked unfiltered Camels for almost a decade. Switched to a vape about a year ago. Feel much better and saving tons of money for more guns and ammo.

What are you looking for in a higher end 2011? There are a lot of different reasons why people want them and different shops will cater to those different wants. Places like Venom, Brazos and McLearn are all high end competition guns that will flat out run and be silly accurate and reliable, but they won't carry much name recognition outside the competition world. Nighthawk, staccato and Wilson will have the name recognition in a wider shooting circle. But you don't see them used as much in the high volume shooting world.
Something i can enjoy shooting really nightstand gun.

It all started cuz some guy posted a silent hawk in the grey metal finish which was super sexy... i tried trading for it and didnt get it.

And since then ive had this bug to get a high end 1911...but then i realized eh i already have 9mm everything else... and I shot my prodigy and liked it well enough

So figured get a high end 2011 to play with

Something i can enjoy shooting really nightstand gun.

It all started cuz some guy posted a silent hawk in the grey metal finish which was super sexy... i tried trading for it and didnt get it.

And since then ive had this bug to get a high end 1911...but then i realized eh i already have 9mm everything else... and I shot my prodigy and liked it well enough

So figured get a high end 2011 to play with

Just get whichever one you think looks the coolest. Any difference in build quality with be insignificant compared to getting the one you think looks the coolest. They are all good guns

Just get whichever one you think looks the coolest. Any difference in build quality with be insignificant compared to getting the one you think looks the coolest. They are all good guns
Yeah thats what my plan was.. the thing i really had trouble with was some of the rumors around cabot not being hand fitted.

And wilson seems like they are cheapening the brand by cranking out a lot more guns a la dan wesson

I looked at the cabots but i read they aren't hand fitted they just have crazy tolerances not sure how true that is

by far the sexiest gun on the list to me is the edcx9... the problem i have is Wilson's are everywhere... i can literally get a wilson at academy sports.

And that doesnt feel very custom to me.

At this price point I'll say it's all nitpicky

I love the look of the alchemy's but i dont feel like i get the same customization options i do with some of the others.

All i really want is a half rail flat trigger blacked out gun with an optic plate

There you go! For the price of a Cabot, you can buy 3 of these and outfit each with lights, optics, and holster, with money left over.

Yeah thats what my plan was.. the thing i really had trouble with was some of the rumors around cabot not being hand fitted.

And wilson seems like they are cheapening the brand by cranking out a lot more guns a la dan wesson

I wouldn't worry too much about the hand fitting. When you control all the parts, then you don't need oversized parts for a tight fit. Generally 1911/2011 parts are oversized because of how many manufacturers make different parts, too much tolerance variation from different companies. So they all oversize and have to be hand fitted. If you remove the variation, then you need a lot less hand fitting.

I wouldn't worry too much about the hand fitting. When you control all the parts, then you don't need oversized parts for a tight fit. Generally 1911/2011 parts are oversized because of how many manufacturers make different parts, too much tolerance variation from different companies. So they all oversize and have to be hand fitted. If you remove the variation, then you need a lot less hand fitting.
Actually yeah... subconsciously I just was probably looking for any excuse to not order cabot and wait a year lol.

But thats probably where I'll end up

If I wanted something right now and I didn't already have basically this exact gun.

I'd be PM'ing @bostonelli about his listing for the Atlas Titan

In fact, even though I already have one, I may need a second one.

If I wanted something right now and I didn't already have basically this exact gun.

I'd be PM'ing @bostonelli about his listing for the Atlas Titan

In fact, even though I already have one, I may need a second one.
Well that would be problematic

Dont live in mass... dont want lame mass mags making my free state mags sad

Well that would be problematic

Dont live in mass... dont want lame mass mags making my free state mags sad
Not that they’re bad guns, but Atlas isn't worth the money. I’d rather get a McLearn custom. It is absolutely better than an atlas for only $5k, and you can customize it anyway you like. Plus you get 20 rd mags.

Attachments

• IMG_2963.jpeg
    IMG_2963.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 11
Not that they’re bad guns, but Atlas isn't worth the money. I’d rather get a McLearn custom. It is absolutely better than an atlas for only $5k, and you can customize it anyway you like. Plus you get 20 rd mags.
Can you explain why? I know nothing about either of them

Can you explain why? I know nothing about either of them
Atlas used to be good value but their prices are jacked up. You’d think that mass producing guns will drop the prices, but they went up instead.

I get the impression that you want something rare and exotic. Staccatos, Wilson, nighthawk, atlas, alchemy… they’re a dime a dozen. Look at classifieds and you’ll see tons of them listed. What you don’t see everyday is a Venom, Chambers, Mclearn, etc. If you want something unique, go with a custom builder. There are many good ones.

Back
Top Bottom