• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Help me decide

Given the current rise in the anti-2A agenda, like many other members, I am debating over what I should purchase to safeguard myself prior to the passage of any potential legislation. I have read many of the threads and it seems members are quite divided between guns, ammo, both, or remaining neutral/indifferent since they feel any passage is unlikely with the Republican controlled House.

With that said, I feel it is best to be cautious and make a purchase or two for insurance more than anything else, "just in case." I reload, so ammunition isn't an issue though some components have become hard to come by recently. However, I am stocked up enough that ammo isn't a huge concern. What is a concern to me are the firearms that may be banned though, and I have heard talk that many popular semi-auto pistols may also be introduced into the bill.

Three firearms that have been on my "want" list for the past few years include a Sig P220, FN SLP semi-auto shotgun, and a PTR91. I currently own a 1911, two 357 mag revolvers, an old Ithaca model 37, Savage 17hmr, Savage .308, Mosin Nagant M39, and a Sig 556. Therefore, the SLP makes most sense to me since I don't yet own a semi-auto shotgun. However, if most non-pistol grip shotguns will likely be untouched by any potential legislation, then I think I may be better off getting the P220 to compliment my 1911 if the likelihood of banning semi-auto pistols is true. PTR91 is last on my list simply because my Sig 556 is just as reliable in a cheaper to shoot caliber, though the PTR has an inherent "cool factor" to it. Lastly, the cheap way out would be to do nothing except stock up on reloading components and perhaps buy an AR lower that I can throw together whenever.

Therefore I ask what you guys would choose, and why. If you have an alternative, then state that as well. Simply looking for opinions to assist me with my decision, while also feeding my curiosity and seeing what other members are doing for themselves. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom