hello there

Hey new to forums,looking to get an ltc-a no restrictions, in Dracut it shows as a red town on the list. I took the class at MFS and wondering which direction to take this, have an attorny do it or go it solo, or what? any advise is welcome thanks

thanx for all the advice, i dont really have the extra cash but if thats what it will take to get unrestricted thats what ill do, sent an email to cohen and ill try to call cross-x today ty guys

Good luck with your pursuit. Whatever you do hide your firearms. I heard there are drunkard deputies storming into houses taking them away and running down the street with ehm.... What...? Too soon?

Question about Dracut

Hi Everyone...

(new guy to the forums here)

I have a question about Dracut and I have searched posts and there is not a lot of results for what I am looking for, but I have seen that others have posted with some of the same concerns or results.

Is it normal when attempting to apply for a calss A LTC in Dracut that you have to put your name on a list and that there is no application packet to take and fill out?? My girlfriend and I went to our NRA safety class about two weeks ago and both have gone to our respective towns to obtain information. I live in what is stated here in the forums as a green location and after I visited with the police to get my application packet I believe it will be easy for me to obtain what I am looking for.

On the other hand my girlfriend lives in Dracut and when she went to the police station they had here put her name and number on a list and was told that someone would call her and set up an appointment. When she asked for an application or packet the dispatch told her that there was none and that they would fill it out durring the interview.

And after searching through the forums I see that there is a few that posted about months of waiting for a call to get an appointment and that the whole process to get an appointment, set up an interview and to obtain the permit had taken 4 months.

Is this their way of deterring people on getting their permit other than the fact that people have stated that Dracut does not issue unrestricted on the first time out.

Please advise! Thanks!!!
Jason

ya there apparentl;y is no app in dracut, its just a form for an appointment as i just found out myself

Update: 01/04/2010

Hi Everyone...

(new guy to the forums here)

I have a question about Dracut and I have searched posts and there is not a lot of results for what I am looking for, but I have seen that others have posted with some of the same concerns or results.

Is it normal when attempting to apply for a calss A LTC in Dracut that you have to put your name on a list and that there is no application packet to take and fill out?? My girlfriend and I went to our NRA safety class about two weeks ago and both have gone to our respective towns to obtain information. I live in what is stated here in the forums as a green location and after I visited with the police to get my application packet I believe it will be easy for me to obtain what I am looking for.

On the other hand my girlfriend lives in Dracut and when she went to the police station they had here put her name and number on a list and was told that someone would call her and set up an appointment. When she asked for an application or packet the dispatch told her that there was none and that they would fill it out durring the interview.

And after searching through the forums I see that there is a few that posted about months of waiting for a call to get an appointment and that the whole process to get an appointment, set up an interview and to obtain the permit had taken 4 months.

Is this their way of deterring people on getting their permit other than the fact that people have stated that Dracut does not issue unrestricted on the first time out.

Please advise! Thanks!!!
Jason

UPDATE: I just got a call from my girlfriend this morning and she said that the Dracut PD called to make her appointment for January 21th at 6:30PM. The appointment is almost 12 weeks after she put her name on "the list". Now let's hope she gets the Class A/None.

All the while she was on the list I went down and met with my own local authority and for new years i got my Class A/None.

What a difference between the two towns...

My town did away with the paper applications and it was a no pressure situation.Hope your GF gets ALP no restrictions. GO GREEN[smile]

Hey new to forums,looking to get an ltc-a no restrictions, in Dracut it shows as a red town on the list. I took the class at MFS and wondering which direction to take this, have an attorny do it or go it solo, or what? any advise is welcome thanks

Welcome to the forum. [grin]

still nothing

still waiting on "the call" from the PD here in dracut no dice so far and been like 4 months hah

finally got me appt with the PD feb 6th at 6pm only too a couple MONTHS for them to process it now to fight for the ALP

finally got me appt with the PD feb 6th at 6pm only too a couple MONTHS for them to process it now to fight for the ALP

Kellel,
My girlfriend just went last Thursday and she left very dissapointed. I told her that I read things would be tough there in Dracut and I guess she just did not think they would be so difficult. She went down and interviewed with the Lt. and they interviewed and filled in the application on the computer. He said that they do not give out unrestricted licenses to first time applicants and that she can possibly upgrade upon renewal. They do the prints and photos there. One thing they don't tell you when you get on the list is that they REQUIRE three letters of reference and one letter from the applicant to the cheif explaining the reason or reasons that you are applying and that those letters MUST be turned in BEFORE they give you the license. The license will be there but if you have not given them the letters they will not give it to you and it did not sound like they would be tracking you down for them either.

Another note is that they do not fill in anything on the application under reason for applying, that's what the letter to the cheif is for.

My GF went in with two letters of reference so she was a little ahead of the game. She will be turning in the other letter of reference and letter to the cheif this week and there will still be about a 5-6 week wait time to actually get the restricted license. I think it's restricted to hunting and something else. (Good thing they require all those letters of reference so that you can HUNT)

ANYWAY go in prepared with three letters of reference and one letter to the cheif with reasons for applying and GOOD LUCK!!!!

Kellel,
My girlfriend just went last Thursday and she left very dissapointed. I told her that I read things would be tough there in Dracut and I guess she just did not think they would be so difficult. She went down and interviewed with the Lt. and they interviewed and filled in the application on the computer. He said that they do not give out unrestricted licenses to first time applicants and that she can possibly upgrade upon renewal. They do the prints and photos there. One thing they don't tell you when you get on the list is that they REQUIRE three letters of reference and one letter from the applicant to the cheif explaining the reason or reasons that you are applying and that those letters MUST be turned in BEFORE they give you the license. The license will be there but if you have not given them the letters they will not give it to you and it did not sound like they would be tracking you down for them either.

Another note is that they do not fill in anything on the application under reason for applying, that's what the letter to the cheif is for.

My GF went in with two letters of reference so she was a little ahead of the game. She will be turning in the other letter of reference and letter to the cheif this week and there will still be about a 5-6 week wait time to actually get the restricted license. I think it's restricted to hunting and something else. (Good thing they require all those letters of reference so that you can HUNT)

ANYWAY go in prepared with three letters of reference and one letter to the cheif with reasons for applying and GOOD LUCK!!!!

Jason, I'm sorry to hear that man. I've seen a ton of these on here and it still pisses me off every time. I got mine without any issue and several people have asked why get involved. Well, two reasons: first, I believe in defending any law abiding citizen's rights, not just mine; second, it could just as easily happen to me in the next town I live.

So if anyone out there needs some assistance with calling reps or anything to get rid of this "shall issue", I am willing to help out. I've already contacted all my reps and sent my letter supporting H.2259 to GOAL. If anyone has any further suggestions, please let me know. Now is a good time anyway, because I'm laid up at home for a couple of weeks with broken ribs.

Jason, I'm sorry to hear that man. I've seen a ton of these on here and it still pisses me off every time. I got mine without any issue and several people have asked why get involved. Well, two reasons: first, I believe in defending any law abiding citizen's rights, not just mine; second, it could just as easily happen to me in the next town I live.

So if anyone out there needs some assistance with calling reps or anything to get rid of this "shall issue", I am willing to help out. I've already contacted all my reps and sent my letter supporting H.2259 to GOAL. If anyone has any further suggestions, please let me know. Now is a good time anyway, because I'm laid up at home for a couple of weeks with broken ribs.

Thanks SecondAmdFirst... I too had no problems with mine as I live on Devens and get my permit through Harvard, but we knew going in she was going to have a tough time and we were both pissed none the less at the outcome, she was tempted to walk out but figured that having a restricted one was better than not having one at all and at least she could have it for home protection. She wanted it because she lives alone and works until 8pm as well as being the last out the building that is set waaaaaaay off the main street.

Needless to say we will be preparing letters and contacting our reps ASAP...

Thanks!

Last edited:
--- Green = Done!

Congrats!, don't forget to play your NES Bingo card, fabulous cash and prizes await!

nesbingo.jpg

Back
Top Bottom