hello there

Thanks SecondAmdFirst... I too had no problems with mine as I live on Devens and get my permit through Harvard, but we knew going in she was going to have a tough time and we were both pissed none the less at the outcome, she was tempted to walk out but figured that having a restricted one was better than not having one at all and at least she could have it for home protection. She wanted it because she lives alone and works until 8pm as well as being the last out the building that is set waaaaaaay off the main street.

Needless to say we will be preparing letters and contacting our reps ASAP...

Thanks!

I'm just surprised Dracut is red. I usually think of the towns closer to the city like Medford, Somerville, Cambridge, Boston, Newton, etc.

ya met with the LT and went threw the whole thing just like you all said, i gave him the letter to chief but didnt have time to get the referance ones, he gave me the ltc a large capacity but like stated prior, no unrestricted to first timers, only hunting and target, need to turn in the 3 referance letters prolly do it by by monday cince he said its taking him at least 4-5 weeks to process the applications since he is a shift commander also all in all not as bad as i thought it would be though the lt was very down to earth

I'm just surprised Dracut is red. I usually think of the towns closer to the city like Medford, Somerville, Cambridge, Boston, Newton, etc.

I'm not, Dracut abuts Lowell and they told me up front no unrestricted period. The only way they will issue carries is if you've been assaulted already.

Any chance one of the attorneys here can post approximately how much the process will cost to force local LEOs to give out nonrestricted permits and is it actually possible to make them do it?

I'm not, Dracut abuts Lowell and they told me up front no unrestricted period. The only way they will issue carries is if you've been assaulted already.

Any chance one of the attorneys here can post approximately how much the process will cost to force local LEOs to give out nonrestricted permits and is it actually possible to make them do it?

One of us could pass you on the street and throw a few punches if you needed?

Kellel ----------- Any updates? My GF went in just over 8 weeks ago now and still no word from the PD. She left two messeges and went there today to inquire and they had no answers for her. The dispatcher took her name and number and said she would give it to the LT. ---------- what a pain!

ya I'm still waiting for response from the pd filed on feb 3rd so a few weeks ago, but only one guy doing them who is also the shift commander

ya I'm still waiting for response from the pd filed on feb 3rd so a few weeks ago, but only one guy doing them who is also the shift commander
Got a call from my GF today. She got a phone call this morning from the PD and was informed that her license was in. When I asked her the issue date she replied with a 3-8-10 issue. So that means they have held it there for at least a couple weeks. Of course it's restricted but now at least she has it now.

She had to go down yesterday and speak to someone becaue the three phone calls she made to them did not go anywhere...

Good Luck!

Last edited:
ya picked mine up today, was ready yesterday target and hunting restriction like they said but at least its over hah, now for all the non resident ones

Back
Top Bottom