Hearing date for one gun a month bill set.

I'll be there.

Too bad so many others can't make it.

I'm very concerned though, about how we 'gun advocates' stand out amongst one big crowd of nicely dressed people. Turbocharged may have a point.

A large crowd of people showing up, 'anonymously' dressed may just be spun by the media as support for the Governor's bill.

I'm sure we won't all get to speak...that won't be allowed to happen.

Governor’s Anti-Gun Bill to be Heard on Tuesday, July 14

Governor’s Anti-Gun Bill to be Heard on Tuesday, July 14
Please Contact the Members of the Joint Committee on the Judiciary!

As we reported in May, Governor Deval Patrick (D) introduced a bill that would have disastrous effects on the Second Amendment rights of Massachusetts’ law-abiding gun owners. This bill, House Bill 4102, is scheduled to be heard on Tuesday, July 14 in the Joint Committee on the Judiciary.

House Bill 4102, among other things, would limit firearm purchases to one per 30-day period and require the private transfer of all firearms, even those between family and friends, to be conducted through a federally licensed firearms dealer.

This proposal, in essence, is a repeat of Chapter 180 of the Acts of 1998, statutes that created some of the most confusing and ill-advised set of gun laws in the nation. The vast majority of those new laws attacked lawful gun owners and did little, if anything, to address violent crime in the Commonwealth. The only result has been a startling 85% decrease in the number of lawfully licensed gun owners in Massachusetts and a dramatic increase in crime.

Please contact the members of the Joint Committee on the Judiciary TODAY and respectfully urge them to oppose this poorly conceived and unjust attack on law-abiding gun owners’ Second Amendment freedoms. Contact information for the committee can be found below.

STATE SENATOR CYNTHIA STONE CREEM (D) – Chair
(617) 722-1639
[email protected]

STATE SENATOR STEVEN A. BADDOUR (D) – Vice-Chair
(617) 722-1604
[email protected]

STATE SENATOR GALE D. CANDARAS (D)
(617) 722-1291
[email protected]

STATE SENATOR JACK HART (D)
(617) 722-1150
[email protected]

STATE SENATOR THOMAS M. MCGEE (D)
(617) 722-1350
[email protected]

STATE SENATOR BRUCE E. TARR (R)
(617) 722-1600
[email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE EUGENE L. O'FLAHERTY (D) – Chair
(617) 722-2396
[email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE CHRISTOPHER N. SPERANZO (D) – Vice-Chair
(617) 722-2396
[email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE JAMES H. FAGAN (D)
(617) 722-2430
[email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE COLLEEN M. GARRY (D)
(617) 722-2380
[email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE MARIE P. ST. FLEUR (D)
(617) 722-2030
[email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE JOHN V. FERNANDES (D)
(617) 722-2396
[email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE KATHERINE CLARK (D)
(617) 722-2220
[email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE JAMES J. DWYER (D)
(617) 722-2014
[email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE DANIELLE W. GREGOIRE (D)
(617) 722-2080
[email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE LEWIS G. EVANGELIDIS (R)
(617) 722-2263
[email protected]

STATE REPRESENTATIVE DANIEL K. WEBSTER (R)
(617) 722-2487
[email protected]

Our reps in office are very busy. I sent my email about 5 or 6 days ago. The only reply was a return from about 1/2 of them that they were "out of the office." We can't even tell if they're reading or keeping track this stuff we send.

My local Rep., James Miceli, does stand with us on this issue. He is a good guy and has a good rating with GOAL.

I just sent a email to all of the above listed. It helps if you give them a background on yourself and show them you have the training and background to own a firearm. If you you were military let them know. Please don't just send a one lined email but don't run on for ever.

Also if you guys can make it to the hearing please go and try to speak when they open the floor up!

Our reps in office are very busy. I sent my email about 5 or 6 days ago. The only reply was a return from about 1/2 of them that they were "out of the office." We can't even tell if they're reading or keeping track this stuff we send.

My local Rep., James Miceli, does stand with us on this issue. He is a good guy and has a good rating with GOAL.

Don't email them. Either call or visit with them in person! This will have the desired effect. Email is too easy to ignore or just hand off to some intern.

Also if you guys can make it to the hearing please go and try to speak when they open the floor up!

I thought one had to write in advance and/or submit something if one wanted to speak.

Don't email them. Either call or visit with them in person! This will have the desired effect. Email is too easy to ignore or just hand off to some intern.

I thought one had to write in advance and/or submit something if one wanted to speak.[/QUOTE

Emails most of the time go right to the Rep or Sen. If you call or vist you will just get one of his aides to speak with. So you are better of with email.

No they should open up the floor to speak. And even if they don't if the room is packed with legal firearms owners that says a lot. Everytime this bill comes up for a hearing or something else shooters need to email or show up for the hearing otherwise it will pass.

I just finished individually emailing all 17 members of the committee. I kept it brief and to the point. I also put my full contact info in case they wanted to get back in touch with me, which I doubt will happen, but it is there if they want to do so.

I'm somewhat torn over whether an emil carries the same weight as a snail mail letter, but given the short time until this bill is being considered it was the quickest way.

good job guys i will be doing the same though theres a part of me that thinks they are compiling a list of anyone who objects so if it should ever hit the fan so to speak and god forbid a AWB gets passed, we will be at the top..

This is just the kind of critical bill that if it were about reducing the power of unions the unions would arrange to have HUNDREDS of their members in the chamber, all wearing their union shirts/jackets.

To counter that, a similar show of force by shooters is needed. There should be hundreds of shooters there, all signed up and in line to testify at the hearing.

I emailed Senator Richard Moore who represents my area. He replied the same day saying "I don't support the bill and will do what I can to stop it." Surprising and much appreciated by me.

My house rep. responded as well but simply saying he would review the matter closely.

Good job guys lets try to get the word out ASAP so we can get on this as much as we can. The more emails and more contact from us they get the better it will go for us!

Emailed everyone over the past week - no response from my reps - I'll do a round of phone calls if I can get back in time tomorrow.

I lost track - what's the status of attendance of this meeting? Is it open? Is there a group going? Rally point prior?

I just got a reply from Rep Lewis Evangelidis saying he will "oppose Governor Patrick's proposal each step of the way." Was impressed with his response!

These are some of the bills that will be heard at the hearing:

If you want to see the whole list: http://www.mass.gov/legis/hearings/07-14-2009_DAILY_HEARING_LIST.htm

H1311 (Canavan/GOAL bill) An Act Regarding Breaking and Entering of a firearm retailer, wholesaler or manufacturer

H1516 (Linsky) An Act to Prevent bulk purchasing and illegal trafficking of firearms

H1678 (Quinn/GOAL bill) An Act relative to deceptive weapon devices

H1680 (Quinn) An Act creating separate criminal offenses for assault committed with a firearm

H1703 (Rush) An Act Relative to illegal firearms

H3631 (Lantigua) An Act relative to the failure to report lost or stolen firearms

H4102 Governor's Bill

Last edited:
These are some of the bills that will be heard at the hearing:

If you want to see the whole list: http://www.mass.gov/legis/hearings/07-14-2009_DAILY_HEARING_LIST.htm

H1311 (Canavan/GOAL bill) An Act Regarding Breaking and Entering of a firearm retailer, wholesaler or manufacturer

H1516 (Linsky) An Act to Prevent bulk purchasing and illegal trafficking of firearms

H1678 (Quinn/GOAL bill) An Act relative to deceptive weapon devices

H1680 (Quinn) An Act creating separate criminal offenses for assault committed with a firearm

H1703 (Rush) An Act Relative to illegal firearms

H3631 (Lantigua) An Act relative to the failure to report lost or stolen firearms

H4102 Governor's Bill

So if I read this right:
Time will be set aside from 2.30-6 PM exclusively for testimony on S.1687/H.1728.
The other 45 bills (these people have way too much time on their hands...) will be dealt with between 12 & 2:30, correct? So I should plan to be there for those 2.5 hours and then they will not be dealing with it after 2:30 since they have apparently decided to spend 3.5 hours on the topic of age discrimination... [rolleyes] Do I have this right?

Sorry for not understanding this better, but the last time I went up to the statehouse I was told by the lobby exactly where and when to go and it was a hearing (telecom) that was exclusively for that topic. I gave my testimony, the d-bags didn't listen to a word of it but open WAPs are still not illegal, albeit stupid, but not illegal to this day.

Back
Top Bottom