Hearing date for one gun a month bill set.

A hearing is set for July 14 at 1 p.m. in Gardner Auditorium at the Statehouse. I would hope are many people come that can make it. If the date is changed, I will be sure to update the post. I hope so many come we fill the halls of the state house make sure you come and have your voice heard!

I'll try to make it. July 14th is still too far off to know the plans.

I'll be sure to pick up a "civil" (meaning non-offensive or rightwing-nutjob), pro-RKBA shirt for the occasion. I STRONGLY advise others to wear pro-RKBA (Right to Keep and Bear Arms) shirts, hats, pins, ect..
Being there is great; unless no one knows WHY you are there.

I'll try to make it. July 14th is still too far off to know the plans.

I'll be sure to pick up a "civil" (meaning non-offensive or rightwing-nutjob), pro-RKBA shirt for the occasion. I STRONGLY advise others to wear pro-RKBA (Right to Keep and Bear Arms) shirts, hats, pins, ect..
Being there is great; unless no one knows WHY you are there.

I wouldn't wear something like that. I would say a button down shirt or a shirt and a tie. Try and stay way from Camo pants and things like that, you are going to the state house to speak at a hearing not going to the gun range.

And seeing some people on the hill think we are all gun nuts lets not help paint that pic by dressing like it!

Don't go armed. Don't bring lame banners. Shower. Brush your teeth. Use deodorant. Leave the cowboy hat in the car. Don't say stupid things to the media. Let Jim Wallace do the talking. Keep a consistent message.

Of course, I got flamed the last time I suggested these things, but whatever. I mean, everyone here knows the media will spin things against us, why make it that much easier for them?

Don't go armed. Don't bring lame banners. Shower. Brush your teeth. Use deodorant. Leave the cowboy hat in the car. Don't say stupid things to the media. Let Jim Wallace do the talking. Keep a consistent message.

Of course, I got flamed the last time I suggested these things, but whatever. I mean, everyone here knows the media will spin things against us, why make it that much easier for them?

How's bout some assless chaps ( with of course with a thong bannana hammock on) and spurs, a tank top, and a hat that says " boobies make me smile". Think that will work? [smile]

+1

+1, we dont want to look like gun toting whackos, just "sheep" with guns...

Can we be armed?
The state house does offer "gun checking" for visitors, however, you can expect the demand to exceed the ability of the state house security to accommodate. If it's like the setup at One Ashburton, they have lockers and your probably SOL once all the lockers are assigned.

I wouldn't wear something like that. I would say a button down shirt or a shirt and a tie. Try and stay way from Camo pants and things like that, you are going to the state house to speak at a hearing not going to the gun range.

And seeing some people on the hill think we are all gun nuts lets not help paint that pic by dressing like it!

I'm not saying wear cammo, or a shirt that says "Come and Take 'em!", but a shirt that is polite and civil, but still tells people that your rights are not up for debate.
If supporters from both sides wear the same thing, how will people know what we support???

I cannot make it but I did call, email and snail mail every one of my elected officials to show opposition and request their support against this bill.

I'll be there. On that subject, if anyone has a spare NRA/Goal hat that I could borrow... I don't think I have time to get one via the mail at this point.

Back
Top Bottom