Healey Protest - New Date 11/2 at State House

I won't be able to make this one due to work. If anyone wants to take my sign they are welcome to, I am in Shrewsbury:

IMG_4379.jpg IMG_4380.jpg

Weak brah, check the date of the OP.

..one - the date of the OP isn't 2 full weeks form the event date which is what my employer requires for notice. Secondly even assuming it was that doesn't automatically mean everyone saw it that same day... So try not to be an ass hat about it bro... People have lives and short notice creates problems for some of us...

You guys who constantly go to protests, seriously, you got a hell of a steep learning curve. Read Einstein's definition of insanity.

Hey Frenchman,
People only have to show up and hold a sign.
Not difficult or asking a lot if they have the time free.
Even with just asking that.
The numbers are very low in relation to all the registered firearm owners in MA.

How many would show up for a physical confrontation?

If I were to show up for that. I would fully expect it to be so few we would all just laugh and go get a beer as no one would even notice so few of us standing around.

Our revolution with the British wasn't just one protest and then straight to shots fired either!

Last edited:
I haven't gone to any protests but I can see how protesting all the time with no results can be irritating.

Give me a call when it's time to revolt.

You guys who constantly go to protests, seriously, you got a hell of a steep learning curve. Read Einstein's definition of insanity.

I've been to most of these protests and I've put in for some time off so I can go on Wednesday as well. Will it make a difference, I'd like to think so. Is Maura feeling the pressure, I think so. She's been on the TV and Radio more then she's ever been trying to drum up support for her ban. She has a bulk of legislators asking questions on this with a number of proposed bills going in once the legislative session starts. She's also broiled in a lawsuit now with Glock and Remington that she started and is being sued by S&W and the NSSF. Plus action by GOAL and a lawsuit by Comm2A is added to the mix. That is a lot for a small state AG to be taking on and she doesn't have the full support she expected.

So, if my showing up on Wednesday adds even one iota of pressure to her already full plate, then I accomplished what I set out to do. We can't stop now.

I've been to most of these protests and I've put in for some time off so I can go on Wednesday as well. Will it make a difference, I'd like to think so. Is Maura feeling the pressure, I think so. She's been on the TV and Radio more then she's ever been trying to drum up support for her ban. She has a bulk of legislators asking questions on this with a number of proposed bills going in once the legislative session starts. She's also broiled in a lawsuit now with Glock and Remington that she started and is being sued by S&W and the NSSF. Plus action by GOAL and a lawsuit by Comm2A is added to the mix. That is a lot for a small state AG to be taking on and she doesn't have the full support she expected.

So, if my showing up on Wednesday adds even one iota of pressure to her already full plate, then I accomplished what I set out to do. We can't stop now.
Emphasis added.

Will this particular protest result in a specific failure (on her part) or advantage gained (on our part)? Maybe, maybe not.

Personally, I'd like to see this pushed hard. Rotating protests in front of her house and the houses of any aide that we can tie one iota of support for this to. Mailings - formal and "creative" - to home addresses and offices. Submission of as many "busy work" things as possible. FOIAs. Extraneous, pointless eFA-10s - Have a party at the end of the year and burn up your remaining transfers. Completion of 80% receivers into bolt guns, registered with creative (offensive or just identical to existing "assault weapon") models. Donations made to pro-gun political entities and neutral (heh) media outlets with pro-gun messages attached to anti names. Find doctors who are supporting this bullshit via the Mass Medical Association, and drop them off some reading material (last month's NRA or GOAL stuff) with your name torn off of it.

There's no denying that we DO NOT HAVE POPULAR MAJORITY SUPPORT. The majority doesn't care about our rights, they can usually out-vote us except with some very, VERY targeted work, and there are a ton of them that are way too comfortable that they're being left alone.

Personally, I'd like to see this pushed hard. Rotating protests in front of her house and the houses of any aide that we can tie one iota of support for this to.

I like this. Her magic wand edict personally affected each of us, why not make it personally affect her as well?

Turns out people can testify on Wednesday before the Governor's Council, see below from GOAL

Can you testify on Wednesday before the Governor's Council?

If you would like to testify before the council and let them know why AG Healey staffer Christopher Barry-Smith should NOT be appointed to a judicial position, please contact George Cronin at the Governor's Council - 617-725-4015. The Governor's Council will be meeting to decide upon Barry-Smith this Wednesday 10/26 at 1:00PM in the Council Chamber, Room 360 (within the Governor’s Office).

GOAL will be outside the State House beginning at 11:00 AM to protest Barry-Smith's appointment.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey Frenchman,
People only have to show up and hold a sign.
Not difficult or asking a lot if they have the time free.
Even with just asking that.
The numbers are very low in relation to all the registered firearm owners in MA.

How many would show up for a physical confrontation?

3%

It was in the main forum for weeks, just got moved up here over the weekend.

The protest was, the part about scheduling to speak out not so much- If its not in the title people are going to just assume others are just shitposting on the end of an old thread.

Wow. "More likely to take a business card." [thinking]

I sincerely hope that anyone here who receives a card or flyer with that content will LOUDLY bring attention to the person. It'd look pretty bad for someone to be removed for causing a disturbance by drawing attention to blatant racism.

Almost as if the poster intends to discredit GOAL. Anyone can write on a blog and not be who they claim to be. Paid posters who actually are there to damage the reputation of someone or something they claim to "support" This is a very common tactic of the Left.

Interesting timing isn't it? Within the same hour the hearing is postponed and that story gets published.

Right out of the Clinton playbook.

So the Herald is willing to use a post by some unknown poster, to smear the fine organization of GOAL, as well as millions of law abiding gun owners in America.

Excellent post and this is spot on. While she will never see the error of her ways, perhaps the legislature will...

Back
Top Bottom