Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Josh Sugarmann is there, some group called "Mothers for Justice and Equality", a bunch of others.

Lots of blah blah blah about how guns are killing everyone, mass shootings every day, etc etc.

a bunch of people present who has relatives killed by "assault weapons"

how about people who's relatives were killed by .govs?

I hope every last vendor of ARs refuses to sell to or service rifles for every last police department in Massachusetts, like Barrett did in California, and that S&W finally packs up shop and leaves.

Who is the legal lead on this for you guys? There needs to be an organized counter. Is any rep/lawyer de-facto taking charge?
Goal will be contacting the legislature (I'm not thrilled with their odds) and I'm guessing Comm2A will be looking at legal options. If you look at the LCI case, I don't give a legal challenge good odds either. We are in a liberal state in a liberal federal court district with a split SCOTUS that will be going liberal soon. For the guys talking about staying and fighting - the battle here may be lost. Sometimes retreating and regrouping is necessary for winning a war

“More mass shooting this year than actual calendar years”

Black/Brown people are afraid of police – police feel like they have targets on their backs.
Others want to manipulated these feelings to cause harm”

But I want to move forward”

Want to make it hard for killers to get weapons of harm”

“Gun dealers put on notice to not sell Illegal assault weapons
…they are the choice of mass shootings”

Josh Sugarmann is there, some group called "Mothers for Justice and Equality", a bunch of others.

Lots of blah blah blah about how guns are killing everyone, mass shootings every day, etc etc.

For those who don't know, Josh Sugarmann popularized the term "assault weapon" and openly admitted to its disingenuous and confusing nature.

ARs are illegal duplicates of military guns that kill people

so they are sending notice to dealers not to sell ARs. Duplicates are illegal.

dealers with current inventory are not allowed to sell them and must transfer them out of the state.

"The gun industry doesn't get to decide what's compliant. We do."

No sales in-state. Dealers with inventory can only sell out of state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom