Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got off phone with reps office. She did not notify anyone in the legislative body that she was going to do this and the timing is not appreciated as the legislative session is winding down. They expect a challenge in courts ASAP for a stay. Call your reps it does make a difference when they feel the concern. Also the points in post #102 are on point. (needs spell check so dont just cut and paste) but email them as well.
Hopefully this pisses them off and they go against her to spite her.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

Just got off phone with reps office. She did not notify anyone in the legislative body that she was going to do this and the timing is not appreciated as the legislative session is winding down. They expect a challenge in courts ASAP for a stay. Call your reps it does make a difference when they feel the concern. Also the points in post #102 are on point. (needs spell check so dont just cut and paste) but email them as well.

SO disappointed in Chrome for not catching my spelling errors. :D
I'm going to fix it. Please, copy at will.

The fact she didnt even notify the legislative body just proves her totalatarian moves. Hopefully this can be used to force her resignation.

Yeah, now someone should start a thread of all the shops that say they will ignore the directives.

/facepalm
You people seriously think my suggestion isn't extremely obvious and the Mass politicians didn't already ponder that people will be driving to NH to buy stuff? For the record, I will not be doing this.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

"More to come at 11AM" on her Twitter page. Is it going to be a press conference or what?

New article at the Globe (just a rehash) - states news conference at 11am

https://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2...ult-weapons/8xmuDyW6DR1tkt7mBNncRK/story.html

Healey planned a news conference at her office at 11 a.m., along with law enforcement officials, community leaders and anti-violence activist to make an announcement “around” the state’s assault weapons ban.

Correct: "Must be legal to own in the state of residence."

Is it "legal to own" or "legal to sell?" I thought it was the latter.

They clearly aren't illegal to own or we have thousands of new felons in Mass.

Edit: It's both:

Sale in Violation of State Law or Published Ordinance: You may not sell or deliver a firearm to any person in any State where the purchase or pos- session would be in violation of a State law or published ordinance.

Last edited:
Can you think of people who hold a grudge like politicians? She just slapped them all across the face

You honestly think that there are enough in the legislature that will fight her on this? Yeah they might be pissed but doesn't mean they all will act on it like they should without serious convincing

All will comply. All will back down. Paper Tigers are We.

I believe she is making Mass. an ammunition free state, you can keep your guns, but you cannot own any ammo. Funny how she timed this with the R convention, the winding down of the Mass. legislative session and I'm sure cankles will call this the model for America next week.

Is it "legal to own" or "legal to sell?" I thought it was the latter.

They clearly aren't illegal to own or we have thousands of new felons in Mass.

Part two of your second sentence is the case.

If she's directing the interpretation that they are AWs, she cannot also insert some arbitrary ownership date, not supported by law, that you can't be prosecuted.

So, which gun shop and manufacturers will comply, and which will not? If you're a dealer (or manufacturer) what do you say? That's the real test. Let's start a list.

they would be in violation of batfe rules.
How so? Only if it were illegal to bring that gun to Ma. It is still "legal".... They will just threaten to go after anyone despite not being a law making it illegal.

How so? Only if it were illegal to bring that gun to Ma. It is still "legal".... They will just threaten to go after anyone despite not being a law making it illegal.

An out of state FFL can only sell you a long gun if it is legal for you to own in your home state.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom