• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
What does this really mean? They are not saying the "people" are the army....so this is an infringement on the Commonwealth's Constitution. Says nothing about "reasonable" restrictions...what am I missing?

Article XVII. The people have a right to keep and to bear arms for the common defence. And as, in time of peace, armies are dangerous to liberty, they ought not to be maintained without the consent of the legislature; and the military power shall always be held in an exact subordination to the civil authority, and be governed by it.

Means we need the equal or better firepower to defend against those peacetime armies that are dangerous to liberty.

I don't know. I'm just an idiot gun nut. But to me this whole endeavor on their part is against the 2nd and our own constitution...

All people are born free and equal and have certain natural, essential and unalienable rights; among which may be reckoned the right of enjoying and defending their lives and liberties; that of acquiring, possessing and protecting property; in fine, that of seeking and obtaining their safety and happiness. Equality under the law shall not be denied or abridged because of sex, race, color, creed or national origin.

This is making me very unhappy.

Has she talked about transfers?

Right now, the only people in danger of prosecution over this are FFLs. If she goes after transfers, or eFA-10 registration, suddenly you'll have ordinary people in danger of felony prosecution.

I doubt very much she wants that, too much legal attention on what she's doing could expose legal issues. She does not want public attention-getting trials, she wants FFLs to just give in without a fight out of fear of legal costs.

It is still really unclear whether this is just an action against FFLs (which it seems like they are positioning) or if it also is going to allow for prosecution of gun owners for owning an AR purchased, FTF transferred, or assembled after today.

I can't listen to these monkeys talk. This is insane. How do these people have enough brain cells to feed themselves?

How does this even pass the legal sniff test.

It doesn't really matter. They tested the politial waters and have decided to wager that they can get away with it. Anyone who doesn't comply better be willing to bankroll a lawsuit against a foe with infinite resources and put their lives on hold for years hoping for a positive legal outcome.

Even if it doesn't hold up, it will have reduced sales for a while, and will burnish the progressive statist cred of these people who are all positioning themselves for a seat on the Clinton gravy train.

I cant believe this, its like a bad dream you cant wake up from.

I have to get to Arizona sooner than later now.

I would like to know how many deaths occurred in MA where the weapon was an AR or AK.

Did anyone notice she skipped over the law regarding ten round magazines are sold with new AR's and AK's.
I have had enough I am getting the hell out of this state.

Does this effect other "scary" rifles like a PTR91, FAL, etc.?
Or Ruger 10/22... These are not substantially different from an AR in how they function or what you could do with them. Did they legally define "scary" yet? I'm not sure how you make a law outlaw only if scary.

Oh and before I forget, **** Healy.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

so I just finished a build. last night. does that mean I don't have to saw off my flash hider or pin my buttstock???? and does that mean all the "minor tweaks" are null and void now with this law?

why won't any of them explain that if all these 'assault weapons' are good for is killing innocent lives as quickly as possible.... why do local police officers carry them? what scenario would a police officer need to indescriminately kill people as quickly as possible??

Notice how they've started shifting their terminology to "semi-automatic."

It tells you everything you need to know about these people that they are doing this at 11:00 AM on a weekday. You know, when people with jobs are at them.

My understanding was these rifles make up a significant percentage of a typical shop's sales. And there aren't as many alternatives in comparison to glocks for example (M&P is an ok substitute for a glock, mini 14/30 isn't really an ok substitute for a AR/AK). I think they're more likely to resist the more it impacts their bottom line. Of course I don't have any actual numbers, so who knows.

Lol, you're assuming a Mini 14 or Mini 30 is exempt?

why won't any of them explain that if all these 'assault weapons' are good for is killing innocent lives as quickly as possible.... why do local police officers carry them? what scenario would a police officer need to indescriminately kill people as quickly as possible??

Aren't those actual M4s? As in, full auto, not just semi-automatic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom