• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Healey "closing the loophole" letter to gun dealers

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would like to know how many deaths occurred in MA where the weapon was an AR or AK..

They quoted bad numbers and made up stats (paraphrasing):
While not specific to Mass - gave the sheep the feeling that gang bangers are running around the streets with ARs

"More Mass Shootings this year then there are calendar days - and this is the weapon of choice"
"Deaths in troubled neighborhoods will go from single digit increases to triple digits increases if these weapons are not stopped"
"we have seen the most mass shootings this year in the history of the US"

etc.

yup...so it seems a bayo lug, a flash hider and a collapsible stock are no different then the post 94 ARs. no need to neuter them anymore....

Only started watching it now.....when did she talk about increasing funding for mental health programs?

I was in a crowded bar late night around last call and just happened to bump into her brothers, can't exactly remember how I even got to talking to them but they asked me to support her and I horrified them and stumped them at the same time. I mentioned how F'ing stupid and petty the gun laws that SHE supports are and I would never mention her name in a positive way. They moved along pretty quickly lol

What if you already paid and it's being shipped to a MA ffl? Like a GB or online buy. Can it still be transferred?

Maura Healey is a mental midget.

Not really, she's very shrewd and out for blood . . . ours!

This episode is particularly offensive. I hope all the stores laugh it off, as they should. If even one complies, it turns into a dangerous game.

Most all will comply. Too expensive and risky not to. Please review the Comm2A cases we lost recently to understand why. See GM-GUY's reply below for why. The court will agree with her.

Some dealers will follow the letter, some won't. Those that don't may get sued. Those that get sued will loose at the state level and need to make it to the Federal level. With how that front is going, it will get interesting around here.

The statute is specific, mentioning these items specifically - she has taken it upon herself to change the law.

So the AG writes the laws now, despite the fact that the legislature already did?

I wouldn't be surprised if she writes a CMR stating this as law.

Now that I think about it, she is also threatening anyone who possesses a semi-auto rifle that they purchased after 7/19/16. She could charge you with a felony.

Worse yet, those of us with lowers in our safes but haven't completed the guns and done eFA-10s are ripe for prosecution even if we bought the lower years ago. Those that bought lowers at dealers that FA-10'd them are AOK but better not re-FA-10 them when complete. Those of us who want to sell one of our ARs (I have a genuine all metal Bushmaster AR-15 that they built as a complete .22LR version years ago that I want to sell) are at risk of prosecution. AND yes, I expect that any prosecution would succeed or result in PP status plea bargain . . . the courts will kiss her hairy ass over this.

The best bet here, aside from court action, is to get the legislators fired up about her attempt to usurp their power and authority.

I'll be interested to hear what Comm2a and others in the know have to say about this.

Sadly we tried this just after the 1998 CMR was written. Yes, they were pissed but they didn't do anything to rein in the AG's authority.

I don't see anything on the GOAL website about this?

Give them time to read and digest. However there isn't anything that GOAL can do from a practical point of view. Comm2A might be able to sue, but will probably lose. To now I've only read the first 80 posts here, but KD stated that the courts have given the AG free rein that anything she says is law is law, so she's just using that ruling to further her cause and political points.

She has the power to do it if the courts back her up on it. And given the court's decisions on the Glock case, I think they will indeed back her up.

Fully agree.

Interesting thing I noted during her speech was that they noticed that the rate of AR sales went up after Orlando. The new eFA10 system gives them the tools they need to notice things like that. In the paper days they could have figured it out but with a lot more effort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom