HD.4420 State House and Boston Common Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
MBTA connections are:

Red Line to Park Street
Green Line to Park Street
Orange Line to either Downtown or State Street (Downtown is slightly closer but State is slightly cleaner)
Blue Line to State Street.
MBTA map

For folks who really don't know the city, note that at Downtown Crossing you can transfer to the Red line, then exit at Park. Similarly, on the Blue, you could transfer to the Green at Government Center, then exit at Park. (These will require making correct In/Outbound decisions.)

Feel free to call me a vagina, (because frankly I feel like one).

On one hand I would love to go to this event, and on the other I'm honestly nervous about it.

With all of the baloney going on these days, I feel it's a place where one "Bad Apple" could get the whole group/atendees scrutinized by the government.

C'mon! 2 years AFTER J6 and people are still getting nabbed by feds?!?

I'm not going to sugar coat it, it's obvious I'm letting the fear control me, but how are the rest of you addressing any potential apprehensions about going in person to this event?
I don't think your concerns aren't valid. That said all the more reason to attend.

I don't think your concerns aren't valid. That said all the more reason to attend.
Super Troopers Yes GIF by Searchlight Pictures

If we're afraid "peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances" then it's time for the "fourth box." If we want to claim we're ready for that fourth box, how can we claim to be afraid of the soapbox?

For those looking to avoid sitting in bum piss on the train, I recommend downloading the 'Spot Hero' app that can help you find parking in the area for the lowest price while accounting for your walking distance and other relevant factors (traffic in the area, parking duration, etc.)

Edit: I will most likely go to the Gillette parking lot across the bridge from South Station, it's a little pricey but I like the walk and it has been reliable for me for many years. It is the most convenient during weekends ($5 whole day) but expensive during week days ($25 whole day).

Feel free to call me a vagina, (because frankly I feel like one).

On one hand I would love to go to this event, and on the other I'm honestly nervous about it.

With all of the baloney going on these days, I feel it's a place where one "Bad Apple" could get the whole group/atendees scrutinized by the government.

C'mon! 2 years AFTER J6 and people are still getting nabbed by feds?!?

I'm not going to sugar coat it, it's obvious I'm letting the fear control me, but how are the rest of you addressing any potential apprehensions about going in person to this event?

Grow a set of ovaries !

Know what would be even better? Finding some trans folks, managing to get along with them long enough to get them to like the hobbies and see why they need to take some responsibility for their own safety and join us in advocating for our rights.

Can anyone confirm that the Boston Common garage is likely to have open spots available mid-morning for this rally? 🤔

Never parked there before and gave up working in Boston decades ago, so I have no clue if this is or is not an option. 😕

Can anyone confirm that the Boston Common garage is likely to have open spots available mid-morning for this rally? 🤔

Never parked there before and gave up working in Boston decades ago, so I have no clue if this is or is not an option. 😕

I parked there for the previous rallies in 2013 and 2016 without issue, plenty of room. It’s more of a visitor’s lot than a commuter lot. More likely to be packed on a big tourist day than random weekday.

I parked there for the previous rallies in 2013 and 2016 without issue, plenty of room. It’s more of a visitor’s lot than a commuter lot. More likely to be packed on a big tourist day than random weekday.
Depending on the rallies, some of them were on the weekends. This may have made a difference. The mid-week rallies are a little bit harder to find parking.

There are over 20,000 gun laws on the books. One more should fix everything.
And they only inforce the "easy" ones for legal gun owners. ie.
15 years ago law passed extra 2 years on sentence for use of gun in a crime. One case of it ,1, ONE, IN 15 YEARS!

I wouldnt call it running away as much as realising the obvious. MA doesnt like conservatice values. MA doesnt like guns. People in MA continue to vote for people who hate liberty, conservatism and guns.

Let's say the unlikely happens and MA becomes gun ffiendly. great. Now you still get to deal with teachers pushing sexual idealogy on your kids and insert X whackjob leftist current thing here.

I didn't move out of MA because of the gun laws. I moved out because I didn't trust the people in my community to do the right thing. Even if MA had great 2A stances I still would've moved out.

But then again, who knows. The amount of MA posters here who had no problem with the COVID nonsense and other insane shit that goes on might just show that I was in the minority here with that one.
Yep... i didnt move from mass because maura banned ars way back when

I moved because everyone was okay with how she did it.

But like 0 people understand this

MBTA connections are:

Red Line to Park Street
Green Line to Park Street
Orange Line to either Downtown or State Street (Downtown is slightly closer but State is slightly cleaner)
Blue Line to State Street.

If using downtown crossing via orange line, there is a tunnel to walk to park street station.

Making this a separate thread so folks can hopefully coordinate meetings, rideshare, etc. We have GOT to show up for this one, folks. The opposition is already scheduling a State House day to push this abomination down our throats.

******************************************************************************************
Event Details:
Wednesday, September 27th, 2023
Starting at 11AM at the Parkman Bandstand - eastern side of the Boston Common

At 1PM we'll move into the State House

Map of the Boston Common and location of the Parkman Bandstand

See you there!

This fight is not over!

[Your Name]
[Your Address]
[City, State, ZIP Code]
[Email Address]
[Phone Number]
[Date]

[Recipient's Name]
[Recipient's Address]
[City, State, ZIP Code]

Subject: Strong Opposition to Massachusetts HD.4420 Bill Violating the Second Amendment

Dear [Recipient's Name],

I hope this letter reaches you with a sense of urgency. I am writing to vehemently oppose Massachusetts House Bill HD.4420, which, in no uncertain terms, infringes upon the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution.

As a resident of Massachusetts and a staunch defender of our constitutional rights, I cannot overstate the gravity of my concerns regarding HD.4420. This bill appears to not only violate the Second Amendment but also threatens to erode the fundamental freedoms and liberties of law-abiding citizens.

Here are the pressing issues that cause me great alarm:

1. **Gross Infringement on Second Amendment Rights:** HD.4420 represents a direct assault on the Second Amendment by imposing draconian restrictions on firearm ownership and usage. It blatantly disregards the constitutional rights of responsible gun owners.

2. **Dangerous Potential for Government Overreach:** This bill grants excessive authority to government agencies to impose stringent regulations on firearms, ammunition, and accessories. Such unchecked power could lead to an oppressive system that disproportionately targets law-abiding citizens.

3. **Ineffectiveness in Combating Crime:** While billed as a measure to combat gun violence, HD.4420 fails to acknowledge that criminals do not obey firearm regulations. Instead, it penalizes responsible gun owners and potentially weakens their ability to defend themselves and their families.

4. **Flagrant Violation of Constitutional Protections:** The Second Amendment is not negotiable. It is a bedrock of American democracy, and any attempt to undermine it should be met with unwavering resistance. We must ensure that our laws align with the rights enshrined in the Constitution.

I urge you, in the strongest possible terms, to reconsider your support for Massachusetts HD.4420. This bill, as currently drafted, threatens the very essence of our constitutional rights and freedoms, and it is incumbent upon you to protect and defend these rights on behalf of your constituents.

I demand that you stand firm against this affront to the Second Amendment and ensure that our fundamental liberties are preserved. The citizens of Massachusetts are watching, and we will hold our representatives accountable for their actions.

Thank you for your immediate attention to this crucial issue. I eagerly await your unequivocal stance against Massachusetts HD.4420.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]

Making this a separate thread so folks can hopefully coordinate meetings, rideshare, etc. We have GOT to show up for this one, folks. The opposition is already scheduling a State House day to push this abomination down our throats.

******************************************************************************************
Event Details:
Wednesday, September 27th, 2023
Starting at 11AM at the Parkman Bandstand - eastern side of the Boston Common

At 1PM we'll move into the State House

Map of the Boston Common and location of the Parkman Bandstand

See you there!

This fight is not over!

[Your Name]
[Your Address]
[City, State, ZIP Code]
[Email Address]
[Phone Number]
[Date]

[senators' and/or representatives' names]
[Recipient's Address]
[City, State, ZIP Code]

Subject: Strong Opposition to Massachusetts HD.4420 Bill Violating the Second Amendment

Dear [Recipient's Name],

I hope this letter reaches you with a sense of urgency. I am writing to vehemently oppose Massachusetts House Bill HD.4420, which, in no uncertain terms, infringes upon the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution.

As a resident of Massachusetts and a staunch defender of our constitutional rights, I cannot overstate the gravity of my concerns regarding HD.4420. This bill appears to not only violate the Second Amendment but also threatens to erode the fundamental freedoms and liberties of law-abiding citizens.

1. **Gross Infringement on Second Amendment Rights:** HD.4420 represents a direct assault on the Second Amendment by imposing draconian restrictions on firearm ownership and usage. It blatantly disregards the constitutional rights of responsible gun owners.

2. **Dangerous Potential for Government Overreach:** This bill grants excessive authority to government agencies to impose stringent regulations on firearms, ammunition, and accessories. Such unchecked power could lead to an oppressive system that disproportionately targets law-abiding citizens.

3. **Ineffectiveness in Combating Crime:** While billed as a measure to combat gun violence, HD.4420 fails to acknowledge that criminals do not obey firearm regulations. Instead, it penalizes responsible gun owners and potentially weakens their ability to defend themselves and their families.

4. **Flagrant Violation of Constitutional Protections:** The Second Amendment is not negotiable. It is a bedrock of American democracy, and any attempt to undermine it should be met with unwavering resistance. We must ensure that our laws align with the rights enshrined in the Constitution.

I urge you, in the strongest possible terms, to reconsider your support for Massachusetts HD.4420. This bill, as currently drafted, threatens the very essence of our constitutional rights and freedoms, and it is incumbent upon you to protect and defend these rights on behalf of your constituents.

I demand that you stand firm against this affront to the Second Amendment and ensure that our fundamental liberties are preserved. The citizens of Massachusetts are watching, and we will hold our representatives accountable for their actions.

Thank you for your immediate attention to this crucial issue. I eagerly await your unequivocal stance against Massachusetts HD.4420.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]

[Your Name]
[Your Address]
[City, State, ZIP Code]
[Email Address]
[Phone Number]
[Date]

[Recipient's Name]
[Recipient's Address]
[City, State, ZIP Code]

Dear [Recipient's Name],

Sincerely,

[Your Name]
Did you use ChatGPT to write this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom