• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

HD.4420 State House and Boston Common Rally

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've said this before and I'll say it again. It's a bads state of events when all we do is in-fight amongst ourselves about virtue signaling over who hates gun control more and who's to blame as to why we keep getting more of it. The Ds win because they know we are fractured and can't get along at all. Writing our congress critters is good, show up to rally's is good, calling congress is good, arguing about who sucks more is not good amongst a group that supposedly has the same goal and believes. We each fight it in our own way. No wonder we keep losing in this crap hole state.
The D’s win because they represent 65%+ of the voters in this state.

A hundred old timers at the state house isn’t going to change that.

I've said this before and I'll say it again. It's a bads state of events when all we do is in-fight amongst ourselves about virtue signaling over who hates gun control more and who's to blame as to why we keep getting more of it. The Ds win because they know we are fractured and can't get along at all. Writing our congress critters is good, show up to rally's is good, calling congress is good, arguing about who sucks more is not good amongst a group that supposedly has the same goal and believes. We each fight it in our own way. No wonder we keep losing in this crap hole state.
No, the Ds win because people who supposedly "long to be FREE" just keep on paying absurdly high taxes to those who are using that tax money in every way possible to oppress them, instead of voting with their feet and their wallets and leaving the miserable state.
It's really that simple. When you keep paying the bills for the people who keep screwing you at every turn.....YOU are the problem.

EDIT: This situation is like someone filling a fire extinguisher with gasoline, then discharging it onto a fire, then wondering why the fire didn't go out.

Last edited:
No, the Ds win because people who supposedly "long to be FREE" just keep on paying absurdly high taxes to those who are using that tax money in every way possible to oppress them, instead of voting with their feet and their wallets and leaving the miserable state.
It's really that simple. When you keep paying the bills for the people who keep screwing you at every turn.....YOU are the problem.
I hate to say it, but…

Its not boomers bringing you 4420 now is it.

Looks like it's a Gen X'er whose bringing this one to the table. He's carrying on a proud MA tradition going back years of hating freedom. Hard to blame him. He's doing what he's programed to do.

He looks to be about 50 years old. He's not a boomer but he's not young either.

The D’s win because they represent 65%+ of the voters in this state.

A hundred old timers at the state house isn’t going to change that.

Then why did they back down from 4420 and eliminate parts of it and then resubmit a lesser Bill? Not because they wanted too There was a movement that made them take pause along with the recent wins in the Courts. This only happens because we keep pushing. If you're sure it's a losing proposition why are you still here. I'm hear due to commitments so I'm assuming the same for you. Otherwise I would vote with moving and someday I do hope to do so. Until then I'll fight them any way that I can think of.

Then why did they back down from 4420 and eliminate parts of it and then resubmit a lesser Bill?
We’ll never know, but probably because of legal concerns and police opposition, which is exactly how I indicated this should be fought from the beginning.

If you're sure it's a losing proposition why are you still here. I'm hear due to commitments so I'm assuming the same for you. Otherwise I would vote with moving and someday I do hope to do so.
Yes, I will be voting with my feet as well, but I have a high risk tolerance and I’m not going to pay attention to this at all up until then.

Until then I'll fight them any way that I can think of.
I am fine with fighting, I am not fine with wasting my time. Talking to Democratic reps and rallying is the latter.

What generation “poisoned the public education system” for those under 40?
True, but the majority IMO, are more self sufficient, can think logically, know how to fix simple and sometimes complex things around the house, aren't afraid to get their hands dirty, and know that the government is not here to help them!

I thought it was implied. But yes, I do hate that I’ve come around to thinking you’ve been right on this all along, because I think you’re a bit whacked 😂
You might think I'm a bit whacked....and many others here might think that also......but I've put my money where my mouth is and have deprived the police state of Massachusetts and its terminally oppressive legislature of every dime of my tax money for the past 12 years.
I don't have to worry about carrying a gun open or concealed in public, or whether or not the next rifle or machinegun I buy meets some bogus state inflicted standard or law.
Life is good when the government you support actually supports you and doesn't coddle criminals or work overtime to diminish or curtail citizen's rights. [thumbsup]

Then why did they back down from 4420 and eliminate parts of it and then resubmit a lesser Bill? Not because they wanted too There was a movement that made them take pause along with the recent wins in the Courts. This only happens because we keep pushing. If you're sure it's a losing proposition why are you still here. I'm hear due to commitments so I'm assuming the same for you. Otherwise I would vote with moving and someday I do hope to do so. Until then I'll fight them any way that I can think of.

Well, ridiculing you naïve boomers enough that in the future you’ll question whether or not these antiquated tactics work is a good start.
Well at least you admit that your participation is limited to ridiculing those of us who participate. Got it.

True, but the majority IMO, are more self sufficient, can think logically, know how to fix simple and sometimes complex things around the house, aren't afraid to get their hands dirty, and know that the government is not here to help them!
Many of today's teachers are only 5 years older than the high school seniors that they teach, so don't put the blame all on boomers.

Many of today's teachers are only 5 years older than the high school seniors that they teach, so don't put the blame all on boomers.
This has always been true and continues to necessarily be true. It's literally how any job field looks - any team will range from recent college grad through a couple days from retirement.

some ppl can’t help themselves.

Looks like it's a Gen X'er whose bringing this one to the table. He's carrying on a proud MA tradition going back years of hating freedom. Hard to blame him. He's doing what he's programed to do.

He looks to be about 50 years old. He's not a boomer but he's not young either.
Ain’t no way in hell gremlin128 is that old..🤔🤔🤔

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom