Have you ever had your car searched by the Police

Have YOU ever had your vehicle searched by the Police

• Yes

Votes: 99 30.7%
  • No

Votes: 223 69.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Coming from Canada when I was a long haired band member we were stopped at the border and asked a few questions and let go while the minivan with a family of 5 was beimg dismantled. We were not profiled but they were. This was 1986.
I got some really strange looks from group having their air filter removed in a car search as they watched the Canadian customs officer hand my 1911 back and wish me a nice visit.

Once when I was 23 by a statie at around three in the morning. A**hole [STRIKE=dumped]dumped[/STRIKE] randomly placed the entire contents of my trunk onto the side of Rt.3N about a quarter mile past exit three, then just left when he was done. A few have asked since and told them no chance I was ever allowing that again.

When you said "no" from thereon out what happened? Did they still proceed anyways, or did they just give up once you asserted your rights?

-Mike

I was around 18 driving in town with a friends cousin.We were around the Kemore Sq. area when some guys in another car started some trouble with us,before you know it my friends cousin has my AR15 that I had in the back seat in a case pointed out the window at the guys.Well I got the hell out of there yelling at the idiot for pulling the gun out.Just when I thought we were clear, on comes the blue lights out of the car we go the guys identify my friends cousins as the one with the gun.I told the cops that he was not from the city and got scared,and pulled the gun before I could stop him.So of to jail he goes, and so does my gun.I could not help notice that as they were loading him in the paddy wagon someone had taken a shit in the wagon, and it was still there.So he ends up getting 2 years probation,and a year latter I get a letter from Boston PD to come pick up my gun at the station near the southEnd. To this day I still have that letter.

I have no words.... Unsubscribe before I have an aneurysm is all I can come up with.

When you said "no" from thereon out what happened? Did they still proceed anyways, or did they just give up once you asserted your rights?

-Mike

One gave me some BS written warning(failure to use my directional for a bend in the road), another got pissed and told me I had better watch myself, and the other two just kind of shrugged it off after I told them why and sent me on my way.

BS written warning, route highlighted.
20315067391_e792f78d78_o.jpg

After the first time I've kept the interior of my car pretty much spotless so they couldn't try and come up with some BS reason to search the car. The guy who got pissed didn't seem to be pissed because I said no, but because my GF at the time made him look like a fool to the two backup cops that had boxed me in against a guard rail. He started flipping out about an open container and ordered us out of the car making a big scene then my GF not so gently pointed out in front of the other two that he was in fact correct about it being a beer bottle, an empty IBC root beer bottle. Then he started in on me(not the car) for "matching the description" from something earlier that day. I'm the red spot and the cop is the yellow spot, it was after eleven at night coming out of a movie along with everyone else so he must have had really good vision to match me to another guy under those conditions.

Matching the description image.
20283529466_0ab53a1b69_o.jpg

I'm surprised we didn't end up getting locked up that night because my girl laid into him with that nonsense. Even the backup cop closest to me who initially was all amped up suddenly looked dejected when the first cop started with the description BS. It was nice for once not be the focus of her wrath so I just leaned back on the car and enjoyed the show, man could she run her mouth which was usually dripping with sarcasm whenever she got fired up.

Yes, but only once and that's when I was 19 years old. No firearms involved.

The
Officer was looking for beer... And he did find it...

He took the beer... [cheers]

Last edited:
was pulled over when I was first dating my wife, out by holy cross, I want to say it was on 290.

statie pulled me over, said I was "weaving" and suspected me of drinking. he asked if I was drinking that night, I said I wasn't, which, I really wasn't.

well, where are you coming from?
-Holy Cross
do you work there or something?
-No, I was visiting my girlfriend.

Your girlfriend.
-yes.

So you're here in Worcester, all the way from Lowell visiting your girlfriend?
- that's what I said, yes.

You're 32 according to your license.
- yes and I'll be 33 next month.

Well happy ****ing birthday. What's the matter, couldn't find someone your own age?
-excuse me?

Get out of the car.

So I get out of the car, he runs a field sobriety test on me. I pass. He's getting more upset by the moment and I don't know why. He says he's going to search the car, I said I don't consent to that.

He gets a little more irate, tells me its in my "best interests" to do what Im told, but I say no. By this time, 2 more cruisers show up and another from Worcester. I ask if its OK to have a smoke, and he's OK with this and I'm leaning against my hood at this point.

Another 15 minutes goes by and I'm freezing, annoyed and nervous.

The first trooper drives off and another comes back with my license and registration, but not before I get this one.

So you're dating a girl at Holy Cross?
- yes.

You're 32.
-yes, I get that that somehow offended the other trooper, but I appear to have passed the sobriety check and would really like to be on my way.

Hold on.

.....another 5 minutes goes by and they're going over the outside of my car, looking at it. Granted, its a shitbox Scion XB but its not a complete ghetto banger.

Those tints are probably illegal.
-that's how I bought the car, sir.

Whatever. You DO know why the trooper was upset, right?
-no, actually I don't and with all due respect, I really don't care. I passed everything, Im not drinking and I know he said I was weaving, but again, I passed his test, honestly, Im getting a little pissed about this.

Ignoring this, he tells me that the other trooper's daughter is also a student at HC and he thought I was the boyfriend.[rolleyes]

I was around 18 driving in town with a friends cousin.We were around the Kemore Sq. area when some guys in another car started some trouble with us,before you know it my friends cousin has my AR15 that I had in the back seat in a case pointed out the window at the guys.Well I got the hell out of there yelling at the idiot for pulling the gun out.Just when I thought we were clear, on comes the blue lights out of the car we go the guys identify my friends cousins as the one with the gun.I told the cops that he was not from the city and got scared,and pulled the gun before I could stop him.So of to jail he goes, and so does my gun.I could not help notice that as they were loading him in the paddy wagon someone had taken a shit in the wagon, and it was still there.So he ends up getting 2 years probation,and a year latter I get a letter from Boston PD to come pick up my gun at the station near the southEnd. To this day I still have that letter.

If this is real I think you just won the internet.

-Mike

One time coming back from a weekend in Montreal with a friend, I was stopped at the border when re-entering the US. The reason for the stop is that she had a NH drivers license and I had a MA drivers license. That was it. We were in her van and I honestly can't imagine that the search took more than 15 seconds since it was utterly empty inside. I was brought into an interrogation room where 2 customs agents grilled me about what was I doing in Canada, why is the other person from a different state, etc. Meanwhile 6 giant looking guards stood outside watching me I guess waiting for the arrest and strip search or something. I was pretty scared since I had no idea of what was going on. They asked for a second form of ID, and all I had was a BJ's wholesale club card that had my picture on it, and then it was over you're free to go, welcome to the USA. I still don't understand what the problem was to be honest. I had no weapons, nothing that could be counted as contraband. Heck I didn't even have a pack of canadian chewing gum.

The crazy part is, about 10 miles into the no mans land of northern Vermont, the van broke down, so we called for a tow truck to take us to White River Junction. About half way back, the tow truck broken down which required yet another tow truck for the tow truck. I left Montreal early in the morning, and didn't end up getting back until 3AM the next day. When I made it back to a park and ride in White River Junction, someone had hit my pickup truck pretty hard and the bed was all bent in. I haven't been back to Canada since then. It's not worth the aggravation.

me and a few buddies drove to Montreal to see the Bruins play the Habs when we got to the border we are all being chatty to the border agent we were just shooting the breeze but when she was done processing us w had to go get "extra' verification wasted about an hour and all the guy did was grill each of os on random things. coming back all we did was say yes or no to the questions and we breezed right through

Never have. I keep my cars pretty clean and I'm almost always very respectful to the officer. I've admitted I might have been, "going a little fast" when I was going outrageously fast, and otherwise just say I don't know why I was pulled over. Seems to keep them happy.

I have gotten upset twice, once when a guy said I ran a red light when I was almost unable to see the light anymore by the time it turned yellow. I don't run red lights. No ticket issued. Another time a guy accused me of making an illegal left turn, because a similar colored accord (i had a green 98 maxima at the time) did exactly that. I was on my usual route home from my job at a large healthcare organization which had me coming the wrong way to make a left and let him know exactly that. No ticket/no warning.

I've also paid every ticket I've been issued which I was guilty of, which is all but 1. I beat the 1...the court costs were more than the cost of the ticket but I saved my already-suffering insurance and it was the principle of it that mattered. The officer had no business issuing me a ticket that time...I had diagrams and all this crap ready and I was ready to go to the mat on that one, but he never showed.

Last edited:
worked night shift in Hudson Nh for a while. same three cops pulled me over a couple times a week. had the car searched a couple times. at first they would claim a light was out, or I was swerving, to which I proved them all liars each time. they just pulled me over after that, just to be asses.

worked night shift in Hudson Nh for a while. same three cops pulled me over a couple times a week. had the car searched a couple times. at first they would claim a light was out, or I was swerving, to which I proved them all liars each time. they just pulled me over after that, just to be asses.
How long ago was this? Are those cops still there doing crap like this? (I am thinking of trolling them.)

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Ive worked on military bases and had a 'visiual' inspection of my truck, it always pissed me off because I could have hid a howitser in there and the guy would never have noticed. They wanted to 'ban' my kindel (because some have cameras), though the smart phone in the center console was ok, but they didnt bat an eye on a barrel sticking up in the air (picked it up at a local shop the night before) or the 40mm ammo box.
never been stopped by cops though... (though i do want to get a few 'kilos' of dry lettace leaves in shrink wrap to leave on the trunk just to see their reactions when I tell them I am makeing a salad...)
Friend of my wife's got stopped and had a huge Ziplock of baking powder in a bag on the front seat. Led to a couple minutes of hilarity. The irony is she was headed to a church baking party for a bake sale.

was pulled over when I was first dating my wife, out by holy cross, I want to say it was on 290.

statie pulled me over, said I was "weaving" and suspected me of drinking. he asked if I was drinking that night, I said I wasn't, which, I really wasn't.

well, where are you coming from?
-Holy Cross
do you work there or something?
-No, I was visiting my girlfriend.

Your girlfriend.
-yes.

So you're here in Worcester, all the way from Lowell visiting your girlfriend?
- that's what I said, yes.

You're 32 according to your license.
- yes and I'll be 33 next month.

Well happy ****ing birthday. What's the matter, couldn't find someone your own age?
-excuse me?

Get out of the car.

So I get out of the car, he runs a field sobriety test on me. I pass. He's getting more upset by the moment and I don't know why. He says he's going to search the car, I said I don't consent to that.

He gets a little more irate, tells me its in my "best interests" to do what Im told, but I say no. By this time, 2 more cruisers show up and another from Worcester. I ask if its OK to have a smoke, and he's OK with this and I'm leaning against my hood at this point.

Another 15 minutes goes by and I'm freezing, annoyed and nervous.

The first trooper drives off and another comes back with my license and registration, but not before I get this one.

So you're dating a girl at Holy Cross?
- yes.

You're 32.
-yes, I get that that somehow offended the other trooper, but I appear to have passed the sobriety check and would really like to be on my way.

Hold on.

.....another 5 minutes goes by and they're going over the outside of my car, looking at it. Granted, its a shitbox Scion XB but its not a complete ghetto banger.

Those tints are probably illegal.
-that's how I bought the car, sir.

Whatever. You DO know why the trooper was upset, right?
-no, actually I don't and with all due respect, I really don't care. I passed everything, Im not drinking and I know he said I was weaving, but again, I passed his test, honestly, Im getting a little pissed about this.

Ignoring this, he tells me that the other trooper's daughter is also a student at HC and he thought I was the boyfriend.[rolleyes]

I didnt get searched for this, but I was equally pissed off.

I was driving in my home town one night, around 11 with my then-girlfriend. I was doing the speed limit, but the cop that was parked 100 feet from the police station pulls me over. Said my high beams were on or some such nonsense. (There was no one else on the road, and he was off on the grass under some trees with all his lights out) He really wanted to check my seatbelt and give me a ticket but I was wearing it. He then starts to question my girlfriend, repeatedly asking her if he was there of her own free will. Apparently a "Yes, I'm his girlfriend" wasnt enough to satisfy him. I was getting more and more pissed because this was the 2nd time in a month this had been asked. Another time I was parked and we were talking and a cruiser pulled up and wanted to know what we were doing. After getting her out of the car and grilling her, he gave me my license back and told me to get a room. We weren't doing anything inappropriate, but she was rather irritated both times and it ruined an otherwise pleasant night.

It might have been that bumper sticker on your car that said, "My girlfriend was student of the month at Lowell Middle School". :)

ha! well considering many at the middle school are in their mid 20s....

I know that all too well. My wife used to teach at Brockton High School. State law requires that students be allowed to attend school until they are 22. There were 19-21 year old guys who had already done time in prison with 14 year old girl friends. What could possibly go wrong with that? [rolleyes]

The only time for me was at Fort Meade back in 1972. We were four GI's coming back on base at 3:00 am.

We were all tripping on acid....high as a kite, and no alcohol[smile]

This young MP pulled us over, and we started laughing at him....he got pissed and made us all get out of the car.

He searched all of our pockets...then searched the car and found a roach in the ashtray. Dumb ass thought he won the lottery as he got on the radio and
called the duty NCO.

The MP Duty NCO showed up...took the roach from him and promptly ate it! He then looked at the rookie and told him he was a piece of shit for harassing
Vietnam Vets.

A few weeks later, that same rookie MP pulled someone else over and found a small bag of white powder. Like a stupid cop from a TV show, licked his finger
and stuck it in the powder and tasted it, and said it "tasted like drugs." It turned out to be Acid......and he ended up in the psyche ward at the hospital in a few hours.

We figured he got at least fifty doses on his fingertip

Last we heard, he got a Medical Discharge.......what a dumbass![rofl][rofl][rofl][rofl]

Edit to add: Yes, this is a true story...I was there both times![smile]

Haha! Awesome story!

i had two ct state cops tear pretty much everything that wasn't bolted down out of my fox body mustang when i was 19 y/o looking for drugs/anything they could find. i came upon a fatal accident that had just happened on the highway with a friend in my car, we stopped and pulled the passenger out of the wrecked car on its roof, and basically held the driver until she expired. When the csp arrived instead of thanking us for stopping to render aid or actually conducting an investigation, immediately accused us of street racing, which was ludicrous because my car at the time was set up for straight line drag racing and the accident happened on a windy section of highway. They asked if i had anything illegal in the car, i told them no, they decided to look. I didn't know any better. The passenger we pulled out of the other car must have told them we came upon them after they wrecked because the cops told me i was going to jail for racing. *******s.

As teenagers we used to get shaken down by the cops in SmallTown Maine all the time. They used to pull us over and search us without consent all the time.

I got searched once in Auburn MA without consent and they found my roommate's tiny bag of weed that he ditched under the passenger seat and the arrested me. Judge threw it out of court. It was such a blatant 4A violation I didn't even need a lawyer.

Multiple times before I actually got a clue about my constitutional rights. I got searched repeatedly as a long haired teenager in rural Tennessee. Things got worse when I turned 21 and got my LTC. The instructor told the class (erroneously) that we had to inform the police that we were carrying anytime we got pulled over. That was all the excuse that the cops needed to pull me out of the car and remove my gun(s). They tended to get jealous when they found I was carrying a nicer gun than they could afford. I had one cop who jammed up my 1911 so badly that it took me 30 minutes to get it straightened out when I got home. I'm in my late 30's now, cut the hair and I don't consent to a thing or talk to cops. Life is much better now.

Multiple times before I actually got a clue about my constitutional rights. I got searched repeatedly as a long haired teenager in rural Tennessee. Things got worse when I turned 21 and got my LTC. The instructor told the class (erroneously) that we had to inform the police that we were carrying anytime we got pulled over. That was all the excuse that the cops needed to pull me out of the car and remove my gun(s). They tended to get jealous when they found I was carrying a nicer gun than they could afford. I had one cop who jammed up my 1911 so badly that it took me 30 minutes to get it straightened out when I got home. I'm in my late 30's now, cut the hair and I don't consent to a thing or talk to cops. Life is much better now.

Did they point it at you while it was loaded, too? I ran into one guy that thought that notifying was cool, and it resulted in him getting muzzle swept by the cop with his own loaded gun. After awhile the cop couldn't figure out how to unload it he actually asked the LTC holder to unload it for him! [rofl]

-Mike

I was stopped while on active duty in the service. I had a .380 on me a Lvl 3 vest in the trunk 2 boxes of ammo and a tactical ski mask in the trunk also. The trooper in MA stopped me for a bad muffler in Feb at 3am. The muffler separated (thank you MA potholes ). I was placed in the cruiser, vehicle searched repeatedly. When asked about the mask and vest I told him Got property for work. When he was done he downloaded the .380 and threw it in the trunk with the rounds. Then drove off leaving me to sort it out on the side of the road in the dark at 3am. Weirdest traffic stop ever.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

My car was searched once back in 1976 when I was 18. It was probably the worst experience I ever went through. I was parked at night in a cemetery with my girl friend, when a cop in plane clothes opened my door and pulled me out of my car. He flashed his badge, but I had trouble believing that he was really a cop, so I asked to see it again. It was at this time I noticed another plane clothes cop at the car that was parked next to mine, I knew this cop, so now I figured that this other guy was a real cop, but it seems that me asking to see his I.D. again really pissed him off. He started searching my car, and when I asked him what he was looking for, he told me to shut the fuc* up and that he would be the one to ask questions. About a minute later I asked him again, and he went nuts and beat the sh*t out of me.
After he cuffed me the other cop picked me up off the ground and told me not to worry, that I would only be charged with idle and disorderly conduct, but when I got to the station the police L.T. seen how messed up my face was and told me that I was also being charge with A.B. on a P.O.

Yes, once, when crossing into Canada by the Canadian Customs Police.
My BIL made a wisecrack going over the border. In the ensuing 45 minutes they disassembled the interior of hid van, then sent him on his way. Lesson learned.

The border guards in Canada are union so sometimes they have work slowdowns. They'll take your paperwork, sit there for 30 seconds, then hand it back. But no teardowns...

Surprisingly my vehicle has never been search despite all my various encounters. I've been pulled over probably a dozen times, only got 2 tickets though. Haven't had a ticket in over 10 years now though.

I did get cuffed and searched for target shooting on public land but that's a story for a different thread.

Back
Top Bottom