Hasbro Recalls Super-Soakers

I thought those labels were meant to be peeled off and chewed. Now I can't remember what I did with them. 🤪
Is there lead in my toilet seat? Sometimes I forget to wipe!

Last edited:
Brass keys for every house in America don’t pass commieformias lead test!
Yes and no, not all brass has traces of lead in it. Depends on the alloy. Soft brass alloys typically had a lot of lead in them as a metallic plasticiser. It's why old soft brass plumbing supply lines are a real problem with hot acidic water due to the leaching. Keys are usually made of one of the harder brass alloys and less likely to have any lead content.

Last edited:
It's ridiculous how many things have those warnings. I bought a kneeling pad from Duraflame Long Reach Matches and sure enough the warning is on them.

California crap. I just received a set of SK 3/8" wobble extensions and they have the CA lead warning on them.

It's ridiculous how many things have those warnings. I bought a kneeling pad from Duraflame Long Reach Matches and sure enough the warning is on them.

They are a worthless joke because the labels don't say what the offending ingredient is or the concentration of it. It's no longer a warning label when everyone ignores them because of crying wolf syndrome. The cost of consumers goods sold in CA is passed onto everyone equivalent to the expense of printing the useless labels.

"Warning: May cause cancer in the state of California. Definitely causes cancer anywhere else"

Wood dust is pretty awful stuff, especially a lot of the exotics. That said, the concern is that it's a lung irritant and can cause other troubles (including cancer) if inhaled in sufficient quantities. Warnings on pellets is CA handwringing.
As a woodworker, I'm aware of the dangers of wood dust, especially exotics.

This was just amusing because my food is being bathed in it.

Wood dust is pretty awful stuff, especially a lot of the exotics. That said, the concern is that it's a lung irritant and can cause other troubles (including cancer) if inhaled in sufficient quantities. Warnings on pellets is CA handwringing.
Ha ha.

One day, there was some awful, acrid smoke around the neighborhood. Turns out my neighbor got a bunch of wire, and was burning off the plastic coating so he could bring it in for the copper scrap metal. Another time, he was burning old carpeting to get rid of it.

Sounds like the kind of guy that burns poison ivy to get rid of it and manages to kill himself.

Ha ha.

One day, there was some awful, acrid smoke around the neighborhood. Turns out my neighbor got a bunch of wire, and was burning off the plastic coating so he could bring it in for the copper scrap metal. Another time, he was burning old carpeting to get rid of it.

You see that a lot in third world countries.

Ok , realizing am just spinning the roulette wheel here, but could it , "lead in the paint" , be a ploy, to secretly advance some hidden weirdo whako anti "gun" something agenda. There really is no lead in the paint. We are being conned. ...?

I bought a pellet smoker, and when I bought a bag of pellets, I saw it had a big Prop 65 warning.

That's right, wood dust is known to the State of California to cause cancer. 100% pure wood.
Sign.JPG
In CA, Lowe's puts the warning on any rack selling wood.

Every. Single. One.

there really is no excuse nowadays.
they have handheld XRF machines that will tell you the lead content in something like 10 seconds

Back
Top Bottom