Hasbro Recalls Super-Soakers

Zappa

Road Warrior
NES Member
For one of the dumbest reasons I've ever heard:

The water guns are being recalled because the sticker that is on the gun’s tank contains too much lead in the ink, above the legal federal limit.

If you own a recalled water gun, you should take it away from children and contact Hasbro at 888-664-3323 or email the company at [email protected] to claim a full refund.

If you're really that worried about your dumb kids eating the stickers off the side, how about just peeling the stickers off instead of returning the toy for a refund ???

Remember back in the 1970's when every gas station had those glass give-aways? Pump so many gallons, get a free drinking glass. Same with McD's and some other restaurants. (Arthur Treacher's?)

Then a month later there would be a news report that THAT SAME GLASS tested positive for lead paint. Like they DIDN'T HTINK ABOUT IT before they did it. And they watched 3 restaurants and 12 gas stations do it before them. "Nah. Who needs to check stuff like that?" LOL

We had a "set" of hte Looney Tunes Welch's grape jelly jar/glasses. I think Yosemite Sam or Tasmanian devil was the last to break in the last 80's or early 90's.

Remember back in the 1970's when every gas station had those glass give-aways? Pump so many gallons, get a free drinking glass. Same with McD's and some other restaurants. (Arthur Treacher's?)

Then a month later there would be a news report that THAT SAME GLASS tested positive for lead paint. Like they DIDN'T HTINK ABOUT IT before they did it. And they watched 3 restaurants and 12 gas stations do it before them. "Nah. Who needs to check stuff like that?" LOL

We had a "set" of hte Looney Tunes Welch's grape jelly jar/glasses. I think Yosemite Sam or Tasmanian devil was the last to break in the last 80's or early 90's.
I still have some of those jelly jars. You can still make out the figures on them thousands of washes later.

Another reason to not make shit in China. You really have to go out of your way to put lead into ink these days. Some CCP party a**h*** (the same twats putting melamine in baby formula) was probably pocketing a few cents off each sticker by using a cheaper leaded ingredient than what was specified.

For one of the dumbest reasons I've ever heard:

If you're really that worried about your dumb kids eating the stickers off the side, how about just peeling the stickers off instead of returning the toy for a refund ???
Calling @Michael J. Spangler he can melt them into bullets.

Remember back in the 1970's when every gas station had those glass give-aways? ... Then a month later there would be a news report that THAT SAME GLASS tested positive for lead paint.
South Florida Sun-Sentinal: The China Syndrome: Dishes and Cookware Can Add Dangerous Metals to your Menu
I remember the 1969 Mexican pitcher story -
I think it was republished in Reader's Digest.

Conclusion: rinse your Super-Soaker in orange juice before use,
and it should be lead-free.

California crap. I just received a set of SK 3/8" wobble extensions and they have the CA lead warning on them.
there's a cali warning on virtually everything. often i'm very surprised on some of the stuff that warning is plastered on. get use to it, sometime in the future it will be everywhere nation wide.

Like coffee, eggs and alcohol; someday we will find out that lead is an important mineral for dietary health... 🤪

I love licking those stickers.
i was at the coop in cambridge once and saw these giant harvard university coffee mugs on display. there was a warning on the mug to not lick the baked on enamel harvard logo on the mug. got me wondering how many harvard grads lick their coffee mugs. must be like a nervous tick.

there's a cali warning on virtually everything. often i'm very surprised on some of the stuff that warning is plastered on. get use to it, sometime in the future it will be everywhere nation wide.

I used to joke that labratory rats caused cancer, but now I think California causes cancer!

Kids are all coddled these days. Back when I was coming up, it was Entertech motorized squirt guns and Larami rubber bullet guns, both real enough looking to knock over a gas station. Safety took a back seat to fun. Those were the days.

2289859076_d5e69b3336_b.jpg

Kids are all coddled these days. Back when I was coming up, it was Entertech motorized squirt guns and Larami rubber bullet guns, both real enough looking to knock over a gas station. Safety took a back seat to fun. Those were the days.
1597967403451.png
Nice! All we had were Tec-9s...

1597967341797.png

the paint on the McDonalds muppet glasses tested at 50% lead. Whoops!

At this point I become concerned when it isn't known to the state of California to cause cancer.

I bought a pellet smoker, and when I bought a bag of pellets, I saw it had a big Prop 65 warning.

That's right, wood dust is known to the State of California to cause cancer. 100% pure wood.
Wood dust is pretty awful stuff, especially a lot of the exotics. That said, the concern is that it's a lung irritant and can cause other troubles (including cancer) if inhaled in sufficient quantities. Warnings on pellets is CA handwringing.

Back
Top Bottom