• If you enjoy the forum please consider supporting it by signing up for a NES Membership  The benefits pay for the membership many times over.

Harvard Sportsmen's Club

As Mesatchornug said above go to one of the open practices and come back at least a few times. This is how I got my sponsorship a number of years ago. I would still be going if I could fit it into my schedule. You’ll meet a great group of people and have a ton of fun in the action pits or the indoor range. Probably come away as a better shooter and with more 2A knowledge as well. After a few times of showing that you’re not an asshat and can handle a firearm safely it shouldn’t be hard to find a sponsor.

The vetting process for HSC is one of the things that makes it a great club. The large majority of members are friendly, knowledgeable, and treat both firearms and the ranges with respect.

If you do go to one of the practices it’s best to have an outside the waistband holster and don’t load a round into the chamber until you’ve been cleared to shoot.

Practices during the winter are held at the indoor range Mondays at 6pm and Wednesdays at 5pm.
The vetting process is what makes me want to join. I will probably go to the events to try to meet like minded people and learn more about the club.

Speaking of memberships, has anyone seen a renewal letter or email come through this year?

Im usually registered and paid up before February 1st.
I got my renewal letter a couple weeks ago.

A couple years ago I never got one so I just printed off the form and sent that in. (I do send a check).

If you do electronic I think you can do that at any time.

anyone been on the 100 lately and see the steel? Weekend should be some great weather and I’m trying to sneak over there

One of the pieces of steel is “up.” But it is held up by some string. The bolts are all messed up. The one on the ground was Van Gogh’ed. IMG_2252.jpeg

Well once again the 100 yard range isn't looking too good. One piece of steel is hanging by one chain and the other is gone. The target frames are being used to hold clay birds. I believe all the damage is accidental. I also believe in Santa Claus, the Easter Bunny and Jack and the Beanstalk.

Probably those IDPA guys.

If someone could give me 5-10 bolts and nuts, I could just fix it when I’m there on the weekends. I find that it is mainly the bolts being shot up that brings it down.

Of course, there are times that the steel gets broken, such as the one with a broken ear now, but that’s less common.

I’ll be at the 50 and 100 this weekend trying to wrap my head around the kestrel and Garmin xero. If anyone needs to use either of them to get some data for upcoming matches you’re welcome to them.

I’m in the early stages of figuring out precision rimfire which is why I picked these items up.
I keep hoping they will eventually allow us to shoot precision 22's at the 300 yard range.

Does anyone know why the plate rack at the 25 yard range was removed? I can guess but just noticed it was gone this morning

Does anyone know why the plate rack at the 25 yard range was removed? I can guess but just noticed it was gone this morning
I heard gerrycaruso drove by and seen a loose chain on the rack so he tied the whole plate rack to his bumper in disgust and drug the rack plates and all 3 miles down Littleton Co Road and abandoned it near the VFW.

:)

Last edited:
I heard gerrycaruso drove by and seen a lose chain on the rack so he tied the whole plate rack to his bumper in disgust and drug the rack plates and all 3 miles down Littleton Co Road and abandoned it near the VFW.

:)
Gerry has an alibi since I saw him this morning and we both asked each other what happened to the plate rack :cool:

The plate rack on the other range near the action pits is still up.

Back
Top Bottom